Is it me?

bella2117

Mouseketeer
Am I allowed to get annoyed when I'm pushing the stroller in a park and people just cut right in front of me causing to me have to stop short? Must have happened a million times. Just walks right in front of me and looks at me like I'm in their way. Maybe it's me.

Unfortunately it has become a pushy crowd in WDW. People pushing ahead cutting in front of everyone - stroller, wheelchair, ECV, or just plain walking.

Am I allowed to get annoyed when I'm pushing the stroller in a park and people just cut right in front of me causing to me have to stop short? Must have happened a million times. Just walks right in front of me and looks at me like I'm in their way. Maybe it's me.

I felt like that was constantly happening to me, too. I've heard complaints of strollers cutting people off, but it definitely happens in reverse. It's like strollers must automatically yield to everyone else. And yes, they do look at you like you're the one in the way!

Unfortunately it has become a pushy crowd in WDW. People pushing ahead cutting in front of everyone - stroller, wheelchair, ECV, or just plain walking.

Oh my gosh the pushing ahead is the absolute worst. The mess that's Jedi training made me want to scream!! I don't understand why they can't have a line queue going into it from the opening stage act. Instead it's everyone gather in a group and then just push passed people who were CLEARLY there before you and act like it's noticing.

Part of the difficulty is that lots of people walk around with no thought about anyone else. I am tall. I walk at a naturally quick pace, and find it uncomfortable to walk slower as it doesn't match my comfortable step lengths. I spent a lot of time trying to politely excuse myself to get past large moving groups of people walking very slowly completely blocking a walkway.

DH and I always walk one in front of the other in crowds to avoid getting in others way, but sadly most people seem to be oblivious to everyone else.

Sometimes it's difficult. Like you are walking and someone dead stops in front of you. So you quickly move to the right so that you don't run into them and then you are in front of someone with a stroller. Yes, you should look before you move but sometimes it's just a quick reaction.

I think it's probably about equal between rude guests cutting in front of strollers and rude people with strollers using them as battering rams.

I've been to Disney many times without a baby and stroller and now several times with a stroller and baby and I can see it both ways now.

But to answer your question, yes, you're entitled to be annoyed!

I was sitting on a bench in the shade just outside gate to Magic Kingdom with my baby in a stroller sleeping.

A group of really loud adults meeting their CM friend sat next to me with minimal room and asked me to move as "They needed the shade."

There were 2 or 3 empty benches nearby.

I was shocked that anyone could be so rude.

cakebaker said:
I think it's probably about equal between rude guests cutting in front of strollers and rude people with strollers using them as battering rams.

I've been to Disney many times without a baby and stroller and now several times with a stroller and baby and I can see it both ways now.

But to answer your question, yes, you're entitled to be annoyed!

If it were equal, there wouldn't be a single person leaving the park at the end of the day without a bruise or cut from a stroller. Last week somebody cut us off or attempted to walk over our stroller at least once an hour and that doesn't count the high crowd rope drop and end of day rushes. During a crowd rush it was easy to get stuck in place while a stream of people stepped sideways in front of the stroller while people to our sides were not stopped but still moving. We would practically be pushed back so they could slip in front of us... at one point at MK we had to slow down from people stepping in front of the stroller and foot traffic started going around so the people behind us were squeezing beside and stepping in front of us while we were actively trying to move. After that I started walking beside or in front of the stroller to stop people from stepping around us.

Everyone needs to slow down and give other people a break. It's like everyone is in such a frenzy, especially at Magic Kingdom. Or maybe just because it always feels more crowded there and some of the walkways are so congested.

But unlikely to happen unfortunately.

I was sitting on a bench in the shade just outside gate to Magic Kingdom with my baby in a stroller sleeping. A group of really loud adults meeting their CM friend sat next to me with minimal room and asked me to move as "They needed the shade." There were 2 or 3 empty benches nearby. I was shocked that anyone could be so rude.

I hope you said no.

I have a low rude threshold because I try to think of others first. A sleeping baby has priority!

The rudest people we ran into were because they must have never bothered to make ADRs or get fastpasses. We'd go into a restaurant or the fastpass line and they'd loudly whine "WHY DO THEY GET TO GO!?! WE WERE HERE FIRST!!!"

Oh here, I did months of research and planning but by all means YOU just show up and go right ahead.....! ;)

I refer to this behavior as the 'me first syndrome'; when people are confronted with lines, and crowds it kicks in. We had returned to Disney in 2011 after an 8 year absence, and we were shocked by the increase in rude behavior. We have visited the parks for the past few years, and now we know what to expect, and we do our best to avoid negative encounters, but there's only so much you can do.

I refer to this behavior as the 'me first syndrome'; when people are confronted with lines, and crowds it kicks in. We had returned to Disney in 2011 after an 8 year absence, and we were shocked by the increase in rude behavior. We have visited the parks for the past few years, and now we know what to expect, and we do our best to avoid negative encounters, but there's only so much you can do.
ITA! And it has gotten worse.

I think sitting behind a computer screen has both emboldened people to become trolls and that plus their lack of being out and about as often has caused a huge lack of basic social skills.

You can clearly see it because when you respond by standing up for yourself they become utterly flustered to the point of standing there with their mouths hanging open and then sometimes become completely, irrationally enraged.

I hate to use my east coast sarcasm, but I find I need to whip it out often to diffuse the trolls. :(

We usually equip our kid with a blow gun and darts (after training of course). When someone cuts in front of us the kid simply aims and poof %$%^%& ouch!!!. The kid quickly looks innocently away and we act completely oblivious. Of course when the "victim" turns away after looking back in shock:scared:, we all chuckle to ourselves. Then we sometimes follow the person for quite some time, unnerving them to a great degree. :rotfl2:

My mom was in her ECV, not even moving and off to the side of the path, when a little boy walked right into the side. Would you believe his mother yelled at my mom like she had run the kid down? She wasn't even moving! I think people get so wrapped up in where they are going or what they are doing next that they don't bother to look around and see what is happening around them.

I was using an ECV once and I was moving with the flow of traffic at a normal pace in the same line as everyone else. When a guy came from my right at a fast clip and landed in my lap. My guess is he was only looking at head hight and didn't look at the whole picture and I guess tried to cut through the traffic.

It was pretty funny, a 30 yr old cute guy landed in my lap. If I hadn't of grabbed hold of him he would have pitched over and landed on his head.

He was very apologetic and his friends were just dying of laughter.

It was one of the good ECV memories.

Sometimes everyone just needs to slow down and be more observant.

My husband and I were shocked at how people were treating the CMs! CMs telling them not to do something and people still doing it even with a laugh and smile on their face. We saw a few CMs who looked miserable. I always make sure my family is thanking them even for the littlest things. I talked with one of them and said I give them of credit for what they have to deal with.

Just got back from our first stroller-less trip. I noticed a lot of inconsiderate people cutting off strollers...my kids did it a few times and heard about it from me! I remember the days of trying to maneuver my way around with a double stroller and hot, cranky kids!

We were there last weekend and I had to actually tell a lady on her phone (while her child wandered several feet away) to look up when she was about to crash into me. Too busy texting to pay attention to what she was doing.

I was sitting on a bench in the shade just outside gate to Magic Kingdom with my baby in a stroller sleeping.

A group of really loud adults meeting their CM friend sat next to me with minimal room and asked me to move as "They needed the shade."

There were 2 or 3 empty benches nearby.

I was shocked that anyone could be so rude.

Hopefully you didn't move.............? That is beyond rude. If they're waiting for a CM.........I'd be looking and then say something.......but I can be confrontational ;) Hope it didn't ruin your day......

Doug :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter