Is it just me?

Mcmouse

Mouseketeer
Or has WDW gotten even more complicated? Between the changes to the ticket structure (I need a cheat sheet to try to keep all the options and costs straight) and the new AP BRP vs standard AP rate (not to mention 120 day window) and the AAA discounts for room only vs AAA discount package my head is spinning! :earseek:
I haven't even started thinking about the different dining options that are now available (help)

Planning a Disney trip used to be fun. :badpc:

Yes, I think it's getting more complicated. We took our first trip to WDW(in Dec. 2004) and it was somewhat complicated learning how things worked, from AP rates to Priority Seatings. I think it's become very complicated now especially for new vistors to WDW. If it wasn't for the DIS, I would be completely lost. :)

I think it is much more complicated, but once you have the basics it'll go without too much of a problem. Keep coming here with questions and I'm sure you'll be fine. I do agree it is more work now though.

All these changes have made me glad I joined DVC!!! I don't qualify for the dining plans and I do use my AP but only for very short non-DVC stays. I feel badly for those who are new to these changes. Disney has sure made trip booking difficult. I sometimes wonder if it was intentional on their part...make booking things separatly really difficult so that most people will just say..what the heck, I'll book a package!!

The sad part is that it is also way to confusing for the CM's who answer the phone. If you ask the same question to four different CM's, most likey you will get at least two totally different answers, maybe more!!

If they can't train there own employees, how do they except the general public to understand it.

ITA. The new ticket options are insane. I think Disney was trying to save their guests money, but in the long run, all they're doing is confusing the heck out of them.

I wish they would go back to the old system.

While I enjoy the less expensive tickets, and like the dining plan as an option, I agree that it really is a lot more complicated than it used to be. Of course, I can remember the days when you had to have separate tickets to ride each ride.

I guess I don't mind too much, because, as complex as it is now, there are some real opportunities to save money if you care to get into the details of all the new options.

It's not just you. And it's not just the tickets! It's like everything is now a "no". No you can't do this or no we don't do this anymore. And I really think it's all in the name of $$. Face it this Best Rate is just to get people to book early then when Disney looks over the figures and sees that they have an 80% occupancy of AP for Dec, or Jan. they won't have to release any AP rates. (just a theory) My DH said to me that's it for all the good discounts, cause everyone is going to be afraid they are not going to qualify for an AP rate so they are signing up for the Best Rate.

I also think that we got a little spoiled with 911 reaction, low turnouts and rates, now tourists are coming back and rates are up.

But what are you going to do? You love the parks and the vacation so we go and put up with it.

I will give props to Universal who seems to bend over backwards to gaurantee rooms upon request! And are greatful to have you, unlike Disney where sometimes it feels like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to rent one of their rooms.

EjandMD said:
I will give props to Universal who seems to bend over backwards to gaurantee rooms upon request! And are greatful to have you, unlike Disney where sometimes it feels like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to rent one of their rooms.

I know what you mean. This past summer we got AMAZING service at HRH and "okaaaayyy" (at times below average) service at Disney. Gee, when did this happen? I *love* going to Disney! I love the magic there! But I also remember the days of the AWESOME Disney service...does it still exist?

(and no, I don't mean average service...I mean OUSTANDING, AWESOME, OUT OF THIS WORLD service...(like they used to do))

Harmony said:
I know what you mean. This past summer we got AMAZING service at HRH and "okaaaayyy" (at times below average) service at Disney. Gee, when did this happen? I *love* going to Disney! I love the magic there! But I also remember the days of the AWESOME Disney service...does it still exist?

(and no, I don't mean average service...I mean OUSTANDING, AWESOME, OUT OF THIS WORLD service...(like they used to do))

I've been lucky and always had outstanding service at the Disney resorts, but I do see a slippage in the restaurant service. Absentee servers, feeling rushed, etc. All I want is a friendly server. Even if they are totally swamped, and tell me "I'm so sorry, they just gave me 8 tables all at once, I'll do my best to get to you as quickly as possible". Great. But so often, I just get ignored.

Harmony,
We always stay at the HRH for part of our trips. I think those who never get over there are missing out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter