Is it just me? (re. disney planning dvd)

princess pooh

<font color=deeppink>I bet there's some jerk livin
I ordered the free planning dvd from Disney.ca to get DH excited for our August trip, but I think he'd cancel if he ever watched it! I usually enjoy anything related to disneyworld but the dvd is so annoying! I thought Erin , the "star", was trying way to hard and what was up with the guy who just wanted to sit on the bench :confused3. Did anyone else find the dvd tough to watch or am I just becoming an old grouch :blush:

We found the previous year version much better, the guy was pretty annoying pretty fast.

We found just the opposite.

We loved this version :love: including the bench guy. My teenage DD's thought the young guy was very hot also.

We watched it ALOT (150 times probably) before our last trip and my DD watched it on the way down to Florida!! Now we have downloaded Stacy and the "TOP 7 MUST SEE ATTRACTIONS" and my DS3 watches it 4-5 times every evening!!! We never get tired of either of them.....I mean how can you?? :confused3

Love Erin...but Stacey is annoying....S

princess pooh said:
I ordered the free planning dvd from Disney.ca to get DH excited for our August trip, but I think he'd cancel if he ever watched it! I usually enjoy anything related to disneyworld but the dvd is so annoying! I thought Erin , the "star", was trying way to hard and what was up with the guy who just wanted to sit on the bench :confused3. Did anyone else find the dvd tough to watch or am I just becoming an old grouch :blush:
I have to agree. I did not like the format of this DVD or the host, as compared to other years. The video feed is all over, and you don't get a chance to see anything before it filps to something else. My kids still enjoyed it, but they prefer to watch the old ones I had from 4 years ago. I hope next years is better.

Very hokey-but my kids loved it.

The 'dude' scared my dd with his review of EE. For weeks all she could talk about is how she didn't want to see the yeti.

The family woman, Stacy is it?, was the least annoying. And as our kids are still waaay young, I haven't built up a tolerance to annoying young men whose main adjective is "sweeeeeeet". As a first-timer I found the shots really confusing, too short to get much of a sense of anything. We went through it with the kids to try to get them to pick out things they wanted to do, and it was so disjointed they couldn't respond before whatever it was was gone. I dunno, I found it really superficial. I mean, they're not really talking anyone into anything at that point, are they? I was also disappointed by the Disney website, found it hard to get details. We have booked a couple of deluxe resorts b/c we heard through another board of all the kid activities etc onsite, but the website is very, very vague about that sort of thing. The kids still love the dvd, but me, I wanted more "meat".

thank the Lord someone mentioned this!! That video drove me up the wall! I was sooo excited when I got it and then all I did was make fun of the people in it! I did however think it was funny when there was a girl named Stacy (same as me!), and the first thing she did was have her picture taken with Daisy (my favourite character!). But yeah, I though the relaxing bench guy was a complete waste of time, the thrill ride kid was annoying and the lead girl Erin...I wonder if her cheeks hurt from that fake smile plastered on her face! And I people say I smile too much.... :sad2:

I think they should ask real people in the parks to do little pieces about the things they like and what Disney want to highlight! Guests could review their resorts, say what they like, what their favourite restaurants are, their planning techniques, their tips, etc, etc.

I think they should also try having just regular CM's do the videos too, they know the most about the parks right? Got tips and knowledge coming out their ears!

The relaxation guy, David? It's a special type of humor.
You can find him doing improv in Fort Worth on the weekends. The place is called Four Day Weekend.
My husband worked with him once on a filming shoot in some film production. Says he is a blast to hang around with.

My DD (5) Loved the bench guy- Thinks its :rotfl2: that all he wants to do is sit on the benches.

I'd second the losing the thrill ride "dude" and slowing down and showing more of the features.

Heck even the time they give to each resort in the lodging section is pretty superficial. For planning purposes its not that helpful.

AND BRING BACK THE BEDTIME STORIES FAST - DD is expecting them cause it's mentioned in the DVD.

SnowWhite said:
Now we have downloaded Stacy and the "TOP 7 MUST SEE ATTRACTIONS" and my DS3 watches it 4-5 times every evening!!! We never get tired of either of them.....I mean how can you?? :confused3

Where did you find this? My kids would love it if they could watch the top 7 again (they watched it all the time when we were there).

Fish2 said:
Where did you find this? My kids would love it if they could watch the top 7 again (they watched it all the time when we were there).

You will have to google the video, and download google video player. It is pretty good quality but I hope you have highspeed internet otherwise you will be downloading for awhile. If you have any problems finding it send me a pm and I will burn it to a cd for you and send it to you.

Our Household loves Stacy and the Top 7 Must See Attractions!!!!!!

Rob (Snowwhite's DH)

SnowWhite said:
You will have to google the video, and download google video player. It is pretty good quality but I hope you have highspeed internet otherwise you will be downloading for awhile. If you have any problems finding it send me a pm and I will burn it to a cd for you and send it to you.

Our Household loves Stacy and the Top 7 Must See Attractions!!!!!!

Rob (Snowwhite's DH)

Thanks Rob, I found it. Boy that sure brings back some memories, since it was playing in our hotel room the entire time we were there. Now I just have to figure out how to burn it to DVD, so we can watch it on our TV.

Here it is in case anyone else wants to see it again.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3565027122658478429&q=disney+top+7+must+sees&pl=true

I just downloaded it and added it to my ipod I love this video. I am also adding the disney info video to my ipod.

Does anyone else think that STACY looks like she's almost 40 trying to look 20-ish??? :confused3

PhotobearSam said:
Does anyone else think that STACY looks like she's almost 40 trying to look 20-ish??? :confused3

I thought that too. It's hard to judge on my computer screen though.

It was so good to see the Top Seven Must See Attractions again! I think I watched it three times today :blush:. My trip isn't for another 3 months and I needed my WDW fix :).

I do have to admit that my guys (and I) enjoyed the video. The bench guy did get a bit annoying in the end but my 6yo thought he was funny!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter