Is it Juan-uary yet? Bachelor Juan Pablo dish - NO SPOILERS please!!!

I can't think of a word to describe him, that won't earn me points.

I'll just say, he's an idiot, who must love the taste of his shoe leather. ABC/Chris Harrison/The Bachelor franchise has nothing to do with his stupid comments that he keeps tweeting. Someone needs to take his keyboard away.

http://www.eonline.com/news/518627/...ls-people-to-open-your-mind-and-learn-culture

I wanted him as the next Bachelor. He seemed so sweet in Des' season. I remember someone on here, saying that they hoped he didn't turn out to be a jerk, because she could sense it in him, and I was like, "Noooooo... he's going to be perfect!".

Thank goodness the Dis doesn't have thumbs up/thumbs down buttons; because I'm sure I'd get big time thumbs down for this, but here goes anyway...

Do I think JP is a particularly intelligent, articulate guy? Nope.
Do I think the powers that be with the show were well aware of that going in? Yep, or if they weren't, they should have been.
But people wanted the single dad with the hot bod and the swoon worthy accent, so that's what they gave us.

IMO some of the heat JP is taking should more appropriately be directed at The Bachelor franchise though.

For example: while I absolutely feel compassion for Clare, I don't think her rant about not wanting her children to have a father who made her go through what JP did was fair given the situation. I get that no one goes on the show thinking they're going to be the one dumped at the dramatic final 2 ceremony, but they do understand that's how it works. If you're not willing to put yourself out there like that, don't agree to do the show.

I find it funny that Chris Harrison gets off so easy in those situations too. He's not just the host, he's a producer on the show. He knew exactly what he was leading Clare into. Yet JP, who I'm sure is bound by contract NOT to let Clare know whether she was or wasn't his top choice before then, gets reamed out and Chris, who helped set the whole situation up, is the sweet, understanding, nice guy. Okaaaaay. :confused3

JP said and did some things I found distasteful, but if a camera was recording hours & hours of footage of me over the course of a couple of months I can guarantee they'd capture some unflattering moments. Plus I have no doubt that an edit can make someone look way better or worse than they actually are, and that's without taking the scripted and coached nature of the show into account.

It was obvious that there was contention between JP and Chris Harrison & the show, and personally I don't think either side came out smelling like a rose (final or otherwise ;)) last night. I thought JP's refusal to say much of anything about his current relationship with Nikki appeared childish, but I also thought Harrison's need a shower comment was unprofessional.

I'm not sure how I feel about Andi as bachelorette. She seems to be an intelligent gal, which is good. But I lost a lot of respect for her when she gave in and did the nude photo shoot against her better judgement. I think that's a move that could end up biting her in her bare little butt. JMHO though.

No thumbs down here, good points.

Didn't know about Andi's photo shoot, can you elaborate since I can't do a search like that at the job?...:laughing:

As for Andi... WHAT GANGS IN ATLANTA????? :confused::confused: I had no idea there were any gangs in Atlanta to prosecute. This is NEWS to me! :confused3:confused3

Didn't know about Andi's photo shoot, can you elaborate since I can't do a search like that at the job?...:laughing:

I believe she's referring to the animal rights photo shoot that they did on a group date. Andi did not want to pose nude, and she felt pressured (I guess) to move forward.

I find it funny that Chris Harrison gets off so easy in those situations too. He's not just the host, he's a producer on the show. He knew exactly what he was leading Clare into. Yet JP, who I'm sure is bound by contract NOT to let Clare know whether she was or wasn't his top choice before then, gets reamed out and Chris, who helped set the whole situation up, is the sweet, understanding, nice guy. Okaaaaay. :confused3

Chris Harrison is not a Producer of The Bachelor(ette). He is just the host.

He has never produced anything. Here is his resume on the IMDb.com:
(Click on the link for "Self.") There would be a Producer heading had he ever produced anything.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1047343/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

And there is quite a difference is not saying anything as to whether one of the Final Two is NOT the Final One versus leading them on and yes saying they will be the one, which is what Clare seemed to say he said their last night together, to get her into bed.

I remember all the way back to when Trista Rehn picked Ryan over Charlie. Charlie was flabbergasted. But, when he was pinned down, he admitted she never ever did say he was the Final One. She couldn't say anything either way, when the men professed their love. They could only go by her smiles and cuddling, and he admitted HE read a lot into things as she couldn't say one way or another.

There have been two Bachelors who've been accused of telling the girl not chosen that they were definitely The One before the girls jumped into bed with them on the final date. The other girl, (I can't remember who it was,) said she never would have slept with him had he not said that.

I believe she's referring to the animal rights photo shoot that they did on a group date. Andi did not want to pose nude, and she felt pressured (I guess) to move forward.

I forgot about that! I swear, I watch the show most in ff on the dvr so I guess I missed a lot of that! :goodvibes

Ohhhh yes... 'The SHOW' and all the producers and PTB are def. not off the hook here. I guess I am with the poster who said, 'we are not newbies here....' That just goes without saying.

But there is NOTHING... absolutely nothing...
Not any language issues...
Not any cultural barrier...
Not any producers...
Nothing at all, that can cover for the fact that Juan Pablo is a (insert any word here, without risking points)
These things can not even begin to explain his disgusting words and actions.

I am with Pigletgirl... What the heck can you say when the guys family even tries to throw out the red flags!

I truly do not even understand those who are still, like, 'but the language barrier...', 'but the producers...', etc. Seriously... Anything at all to justify and minimize and defend???

And, I also believe that this guy has something very wrong going on inside that thick, stubborn, skull of his.... I mean, something odd and strange... Like he has, indeed, taken too many head-shots while playing soccer. I truly do think that.

I read on another site that Clare asked JP if he loved her. He said, "No, but I love ****ing you". Yikes.

Come on, ees okay! He was just being honest. :rotfl2: ;)

I think we need to go back to Andi's quote right about now, "There's a difference between being honest and being an *******.".

Sharleen said something again that had me rolling, I just can't remember. Oh man, she kills me.

Well that was my first Bachelor full season experience. I learned so much. :lmao::rotfl: :thumbsup2

Ohhhh yes... 'The SHOW' and all the producers and PTB are def. not off the hook here. I guess I am with the poster who said, 'we are not newbies here....' That just goes without saying.

Not any producers...
Nothing at all, that can cover for the fact that Juan Pablo is a (insert any word here, without risking points)

I am with Pigletgirl... What the heck can you say when the guys family even tries to throw out the red flags!

I truly do not even understand those who are still, like, 'but the language barrier...', 'but the producers...', etc. Seriously... Anything at all to justify and minimize and defend???

And, I also believe that this guy has something very wrong going on inside that thick, stubborn, skull of his.... I mean, something odd and strange... Like he has, indeed, taken too many head-shots while playing soccer. I truly do think that.
As his mom said, he's just plain old difficult and many other things (which you all can surely figure out... :thumbsup2)

What I would ask him is, are you the type of man you would want your daughter to date and/or marry?

Chris Harrison is not a Producer of The Bachelor(ette). He is just the host.

He has never produced anything. Here is his resume on the IMDb.com:
(Click on the link for "Self.") There would be a Producer heading had he ever produced anything.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1047343/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

And there is quite a difference is not saying anything as to whether one of the Final Two is NOT the Final One versus leading them on and yes saying they will be the one, which is what Clare seemed to say he said their last night together, to get her into bed.

I remember all the way back to when Trista Rehn picked Ryan over Charlie. Charlie was flabbergasted. But, when he was pinned down, he admitted she never ever did say he was the Final One. She couldn't say anything either way, when the men professed their love. They could only go by her smiles and cuddling, and he admitted HE read a lot into things as she couldn't say one way or another.

There have been two Bachelors who've been accused of telling the girl not chosen that they were definitely The One before the girls jumped into bed with them on the final date. The other girl, (I can't remember who it was,) said she never would have slept with him had he not said that.

Sorry, I read somewhere that Chris Harrison formed his own production company and was also involved in that capacity at Bachelor/Bachelorette. A case of not being able to believe everything you read I guess.

While I definitely got the vibe that Nikki and Clare were both pretty confident they would be the one, is that really any different than previous seasons? I think there always has to be plenty of not so subtle leading along to make sure they have 2 people for the final rose ceremony. I missed Clare saying JP actually confirmed anything in advance. Was that on the show, or on the after the rose thing?

Honestly I'm not sure we'll ever know for sure what was or wasn't communicated between 2 people in private though.

Not any producers...

I'm not sure if this is directed at my comment or not, but since I'm already in the thick of it; I will say that given all we know about JP is what we saw on a reality TV show that's about as far from reality as they get, I do think some of the criticism of him is a bit over the top.

I mentioned that I didn't think JP seemed particularly intelligent or articulate, and I found some of his comments very distasteful.

But for me taking that and using it as justification to call him awful names and pretty much write him off as a human being is just as distasteful.

I caught a little bit of a segment on The View this morning and I was shocked at what Whoopi called him, and she said it over and over again.

I guess maybe it's mom mode kicking in. The rule at our house is you may hate someone's behavior, but that doesn't mean you hate them.

I just feel bad that the guy is getting slammed so harshly when I think many of the complaints are a direct result of the situation being what it is. I'm sure he has good qualities as well. Again, JMHO though.

Did I miss something? I didn't think that there was any indication that he slept with Clare on that final date before the final rose.

Sorry, I read somewhere that Chris Harrison formed his own production company and was also involved in that capacity at Bachelor/Bachelorette. A case of not being able to believe everything you read I guess.

While I definitely got the vibe that Nikki and Clare were both pretty confident they would be the one, is that really any different than previous seasons? I think there always has to be plenty of not so subtle leading along to make sure they have 2 people for the final rose ceremony. I missed Clare saying JP actually confirmed anything in advance. Was that on the show, or on the after the rose thing?

Honestly I'm not sure we'll ever know for sure what was or wasn't communicated between 2 people in private though.

I'm not sure if this is directed at my comment or not, but since I'm already in the thick of it; I will say that given all we know about JP is what we saw on a reality TV show that's about as far from reality as they get, I do think some of the criticism of him is a bit over the top.

I mentioned that I didn't think JP seemed particularly intelligent or articulate, and I found some of his comments very distasteful.

But for me taking that and using it as justification to call him awful names and pretty much write him off as a human being is just as distasteful.

I caught a little bit of a segment on The View this morning and I was shocked at what Whoopi called him, and she said it over and over again.

I guess maybe it's mom mode kicking in. The rule at our house is you may hate someone's behavior, but that doesn't mean you hate them.

I just feel bad that the guy is getting slammed so harshly when I think many of the complaints are a direct result of the situation being what it is. I'm sure he has good qualities as well. Again, JMHO though.

I had to ask my son what did Whoopi call him... :rotfl2: He's home from school this week and he watched the View and called me at work... "what did that guy DO? Everybody HATES him!"

If you feel bad back away from threads like this, stay off the internet and hang in there for the rest of the week until everyone's sick of talking about him. I don't think anyone "hates" him, thinking he's a douche isn't hate, it's just an opinion. I don't waste emotions like "hate" on reality show contestants, this is just for fun and entertainment.. and lots of speculation!

The rule in MY house is don't treat women like that, son, EVER!! :headache: I had a Mom tell me how lousy her son was once (in a latin accent, too like JP's mom) and I was stupid enough not to listen to her then, like Nikki, either. I guess that's why this is so familiar to me... and despicable. Sorry, the "mom mode" in me sees it differently.

Last night was the first time I watched it this season. I'm so happy I didn't waste more of my time. I though he was disgusting.

Ummmmm, I have to say that I don't care what Whoopie might have called him... I mean, we are talking about Whoopie, right...

And, again, is what somebody who goes by the name of 'Whoopie' said any real or valid reason to pity or defend this guy. Seriously????

And, given the fact that this guys family had a hard time defending him, and actually tried to warn both of these women.
Not buying any of the justifications or excuses... Just can't quite do that.

ooh! I just realized... Last night JP said something about a situation a few weeks ago, but they were working through it. And Chris Harrison asked him if it was the Women Tell All (which was two weeks ago) and JP said nope, that wasn't it.

Anyway, driving home tonight I realized- two weeks ago- was the Women Tell All... but right before that was the overnights. Maybe he got in some deep deep doo-doo when Nikki realized that she got sloppy thirds. And seeing how happy and giddy he was after his night with Andi. He wasn't giggling like that after spending the night with Nikki.

It is one thing to know it is going on, it is quite another to see it. Your wife might know that you are cheating, you still don't mention the mistress in front of her, KWIM? bad form!!

Did I miss something? I didn't think that there was any indication that he slept with Clare on that final date before the final rose.

When Clare was reaming JP out, after he dumped her, she says something like "I would have never done, err, what I did with you that last night, if you hadn't told me I was the one, yada." To me, it was pretty clear that meant she slept with him.

I in no way love JP...didn't like a lot that he said or did on this season.

But I don't get all of this love for Clare?:confused3 Sure he said something rude to her and I don't approve of that.

But when you sneak out of the room with the other girls at three a.m and go knocking on his door to go skinny dipping, and you get what you went there for...

No love for Clare or Nikki, from where I sit. I didn't care for either, way before they made it as far as they did.

I think Clare is beautiful, until she starts talking, and I think Nikki is funny, but that's as far as it goes.

They both seem to have very low self-esteem. So many red flags were thrown their way, especially in Clare's direction. I have no doubt in my mind, that she would have accepted his proposal, had he asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter