Is it Juan-uary yet? Bachelor Juan Pablo dish - NO SPOILERS please!!!

JP hates Chris Harrison LOL.

And the show!!

It's mutual. :p

OMG, did anyone catch Chris Harrison saying he needed a shower after the segment with Juan Pablo!! I had to back it up to make sure I heard it right!

Nikki seems cool as a cucumber. They must have rehearsed this together.

Yeah, nothing about the two of them looked real. She looked like she was giving him the stink-eye the entire time, so I completely believe the rumors that they have been fighting, and it took a lot to get them in the same room tonight.

Nikki's bouncing and giggling reminded me of Courtney during the After the Final Rose. Note to producers... stop getting models!
On a side note, what was with the matching blackish red lipstick on Sharleen, Kelly AND Kat?!? and why were Kelly and Kat there?!? I smell Bachelor Pad!!!!

I'm pretty sure Nikki will end up just fine. When Catherine was speaking, she was practically shooting daggers her way. I think she wanted her/them to shut up, because they were rocking the boat.

When it falls apart, she'll be as self-deprecating as she has been all season. She seems like a tough cookie to me, albeit one with low self esteem. She seems very desperate for this to not just work, but for it to last.

I bet two weeks ago, JP was in the running for DWTS, and when he made those last rounds of idiotic tweets, ABC changed their mind about having him on. He had to save face somehow, so he acted like the surprise didn't exist. Something was really strange about that.

And he didn't tell Clare that he enjoyed hooking up with her. He used far more crude language than that. She should have shoved him out of the helicopter.

He was ripped quite a good one on his Instagram last night. I haven't checked it out yet today, but the comments were hilarious. He doesn't have many fans.

And he didn't tell Clare that he enjoyed hooking up with her. He used far more crude language than that. She should have shoved him out of the helicopter.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Now THAT would have made for good reality tv!

Maybe I'm cynical, but I still think whoever chose him (producers, etc) are partly to blame. He just isn't smart enough to have been able to delude them into thinking that he would be a good bachelor. Didn't they *talk* to him before choosing him, or were they completely swayed by public opinion?

Terri

It really bugged me the way she and JP were practically sitting on each others laps, all wrapped around each other. What the heck?!

No, Juan Pablo wasn't wrapped around Nikki, see below where I said earlier, she was doing all the wrapping, while he kept to himself:

Look at his body language. She's nearly sitting under him. And both his arms clasped together in front of himself.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Now THAT would have made for good reality tv!

Maybe I'm cynical, but I still think whoever chose him (producers, etc) are partly to blame. He just isn't smart enough to have been able to delude them into thinking that he would be a good bachelor. Didn't they *talk* to him before choosing him, or were they completely swayed by public opinion?

Terri

They probably thought he was so dumb they could control him more. Dumb is way different than being offensive.

I've been thinking about what he could have said that was so offensive. I think it wen along the lines of: "Clare, I don't know anything else about you, but I know you are a great ****." Or "Clare, I don't know anything else about you, but I know you have a great 'cat.'" :eek:

Seriously, when she gives it away in the middle of the ocean at 3am, while all the other girls are holding back, what else is he going to be focused on about her? It was the same as Ben with Courtney. Once they went skanky dipping in the ocean, she won the competition, but not his respect. :sad2:

Wow, I needed more than a SHOWER after that mud bath last night, I needed to run thru a car wash! :car:

Yikes!!!:eek::headache::worried:

It was sad, pathetic, pitiful, disgusting and angering all rolled into one.

And we all WITNESSED IT, ladies... what the...:worried:

As for the language, culture barrier, DON'T insult South American men that way. He is as much a representative of them as Chris Brown is a representative of young black men. He's a snake. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing and he did it to appease HIMSELF and himself ALONE. His parents and relatives speak his language and live his culture and they tried to warn the women that he was a rude animal....but like Catherine said, they didn't want to hear it.

JP is the worse kind of snake, he's the kind that uses all the right things to weasel himself into your life and once he's there he uses you for his needs only. He posed himself as the perfect father, the athlete, the decent man... come on, we ALL were reeled in. Look at the difference in the tone from the beginning of this thread to the end of it. It's like the difference of the tone of an engagement party and a divorce settlement. Same people...only the truth and realism is on the table.

Nikki is the kind of girl he needs for now. The kind of girl who will accept his limited kind of relationship and give him the loyalty and adoration he needs without having to reciprocate. Claire was...for lack of a better term... a booty call. Machismo men live by the Madonna/***** syndrome. If you're not the holy Madonna (mother of Mary, not the singer) then you're the women the disrespect and bed. This is why they separate their wives from their mistresses so simply. Nikki was his Madonna, Claire was his hoe... and he was serious when he said he wanted BOTH.

I can't say I hate him, heck, I've dated "him", heck, I've BEEN "him"! He's not that difficult to comprehend. He made for a VERY interesting show if nothing else...and I'm sure it's far from over.

Don't feel sorry for Nikki or his fans. There are women who stay with abusers and women who marry and write serial killers :laughing: There will always be a victim for a perpetrator. That's why they continue to exist and prey.

:

Terri

I wish they would go back to the old days, and give us completely new Bachelors, instead of recycled losers from prior seasons.

The can keep the Bachelorette the same, but give us some new Bachelor blood.

I've been thinking about what he could have said that was so offensive. I think it wen along the lines of: "Clare, I don't know anything else about you, but I know you are a great ****." Or "Clare, I don't know anything else about you, but I know you have a great 'cat.'" :eek:

She told him she loved him, and he told her he loved (insert the big bad word)ing her.

That was his response. Very gentlemanly.

Claire actually said what he had told her on camera right after he dumped her, but it was bleeped. He said I don't know you and you don't know me but I know "I love ****ing you." What a disgusting pig. And Nikki standing there knowing that this happened with Claire in the Fantasy Suite, just days before it likely happened with her is just mortifying. I think Nikki is smarter than we give her credit for. She is hoping to advance a modeling career (google her and see all of the photo-shoot pix on line) and is there only for that reason. At least I hope so because any other reason is just pitiful.

Access Hollywood Live is on now and Billy Bush & his co-host (don't know her name :blush: ) are shredding Juan Pablo. :lmao: :thumbsup2

No, Juan Pablo wasn't wrapped around Nikki, see below where I said earlier, she was doing all the wrapping, while he kept to himself:

Nope, sorry. At one point he had his arm totally around her in a very sloppy way. When they were going to commercial, I noticed his arm was so far around her (and she was so squished into him) that his hand was on her hip area.

You can see his arm around her in this video (scroll down on link to video):
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-bachelor-after-the-final-rose-gets-heated-with-juan-pablo/

I think the reason Nikki was so tight-lipped and giving JP the fake smile was because she had just watched Clare's little exit speech. Nikki's face pretty much said: "So, you enjoy ******* Clare, huh?" :eek: She looked mortified to be sitting there and having to smile and put up a front.

Good for Clare for standing up and telling him off. She was manipulated by him and fell for it, but at least she handled it well.

Did anyone else think the former bachelors/bachelorettes section looked like they were witnessing an execution?

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;50924366]Claire actually said what he had told her on camera right after he dumped her, but it was bleeped. He said I don't know you and you don't know me but I know "I love ****ing you." What a disgusting pig. [/QUOTE]

Yep, and there was absolutely NO denying what Clare said he said either. I'm no lip-reading guru, but that word is pretty easy to figure out.

I forgot about the first part of the sentence. It actually belittles her telling him she loved him, even more.

They (Clare and Nikki) both must have very low self-esteem. We were cheering Clare on in one breath, and then commenting about how easily she caved in, in the next.

I am beyond thrilled, that she didn't stay to speak to that pig.

oooH! I recorded this last night, and you guys so make me want to run in and watch it right now. I'm upset that I didn't see GMA either. "The Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" are both like a train wreck. I know I'll continue watching.

Wow, I needed more than a SHOWER after that mud bath last night, I needed to run thru a car wash! :car:

Yikes!!!:eek::headache::worried:

It was sad, pathetic, pitiful, disgusting and angering all rolled into one.

And we all WITNESSED IT, ladies... what the...:worried:

As for the language, culture barrier, DON'T insult South American men that way. He is as much a representative of them as Chris Brown is a representative of young black men. He's a snake. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing and he did it to appease HIMSELF and himself ALONE. His parents and relatives speak his language and live his culture and they tried to warn the women that he was a rude animal....but like Catherine said, they didn't want to hear it.

JP is the worse kind of snake, he's the kind that uses all the right things to weasel himself into your life and once he's there he uses you for his needs only. He posed himself as the perfect father, the athlete, the decent man... come on, we ALL were reeled in. Look at the difference in the tone from the beginning of this thread to the end of it. It's like the difference of the tone of an engagement party and a divorce settlement. Same people...only the truth and realism is on the table.

Nikki is the kind of girl he needs for now. The kind of girl who will accept his limited kind of relationship and give him the loyalty and adoration he needs without having to reciprocate. Claire was...for lack of a better term... a booty call. Machismo men live by the Madonna/***** syndrome. If you're not the holy Madonna (mother of Mary, not the singer) then you're the women the disrespect and bed. This is why they separate their wives from their mistresses so simply. Nikki was his Madonna, Claire was his hoe... and he was serious when he said he wanted BOTH.

I can't say I hate him, heck, I've dated "him", heck, I've BEEN "him"! He's not that difficult to comprehend. He made for a VERY interesting show if nothing else...and I'm sure it's far from over.

Don't feel sorry for Nikki or his fans. There are women who stay with abusers and women who marry and write serial killers :laughing: There will always be a victim for a perpetrator. That's why they continue to exist and prey.
:thumbsup2

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;50924366]Claire actually said what he had told her on camera right after he dumped her, but it was bleeped. He said I don't know you and you don't know me but I know "I love ****ing you." What a disgusting pig. And Nikki standing there knowing that this happened with Claire in the Fantasy Suite, just days before it likely happened with her is just mortifying. I think Nikki is smarter than we give her credit for. She is hoping to advance a modeling career (google her and see all of the photo-shoot pix on line) and is there only for that reason. At least I hope so because any other reason is just pitiful.[/QUOTE]

I read on another site that Clare asked JP if he loved her. He said, "No, but I love ****ing you". Yikes.

I agree with everything, except for your last point.

After watching last night's episodes I *still* think that a lot of Juan Pablo's shortcomings stem from culture and language. While he led Clare on, how does that differ from any other F2 finale?

It was Chris who bothered me the most last night in the way that he prodded and needled Juan Pablo about his plans and whether he was in love with Nikki. While Juan Pablo can take care of himself, I *really* felt really bad for Nikki. Every needle and every parry on their part reflected directly on her from BOTH sides. She was like a child in the middle of her parent's nasty divorce :sad2:.

I also agree with this (and also what Kirby said).

And though Juan Pablo was most certainly NOT a gentleman in many, many ways, I sort of laugh at the outrage because the premise of this show basically gives the lead permission to be as ungentlemanly as possible as long as he talks a good game about being there for the right reasons. If a guy was dating 27 ladies in real life and frolicking around with most of them in bikinis and hot tubs, sending them home one by one, eventually spending the night with 3 of them before finally choosing one, we'd all be outraged. But because the producers of this show tell us that all of this is part of the "journey" to find true love, we all accept it as okay.

The truth is that only two or maybe three of the Bachelors actually found "true love" on this show and if I had to guess, I'd say that at least half of the Bachelor leads were more interested in the bikini and hot tub portion of the show than the Neil Lane engagement ring selection at the end. BUT, they were smart enough to say the right things and act like they were looking for a wife. Juan Pablo was not smart enough or he just didn't care so he acted like a teenage boy given free reign with 27 pretty girls and now everyone hates him as a result. But I maintain that as a woman, I find more fault with the show's premise than with JP himself.

I also agree with this (and also what Kirby said).

And though Juan Pablo was most certainly NOT a gentleman in many, many ways, I sort of laugh at the outrage because the premise of this show basically gives the lead permission to be as ungentlemanly as possible as long as he talks a good game about being there for the right reasons. If a guy was dating 27 ladies in real life and frolicking around with most of them in bikinis and hot tubs, sending them home one by one, eventually spending the night with 3 of them before finally choosing one, we'd all be outraged. But because the producers of this show tell us that all of this is part of the "journey" to find true love, we all accept it as okay.

The truth is that only two or maybe three of the Bachelors actually found "true love" on this show and if I had to guess, I'd say that at least half of the Bachelor leads were more interested in the bikini and hot tub portion of the show than the Neil Lane engagement ring selection at the end. BUT, they were smart enough to say the right things and act like they were looking for a wife. Juan Pablo was not smart enough or he just didn't care so he acted like a teenage boy given free reign with 27 pretty girls and now everyone hates him as a result. But I maintain that as a woman, I find more fault with the show's premise than with JP himself.

I don't know whether to say DUH :rolleyes1 or WTH?? :confused:

We ALL know the show's reputation AND premise, come on now, we're not newbies here.

The outrage is not limited here, do a search, this dummy is reviled around the world. Do you think it's because of the Bachelor's premise and how he used it? Or maybe because he was a donkey's behind and everyone found out and felt betrayed?

I think Media-ite said it best:

Juan Pablo Seals Fate as Most Despised Bachelor Ever

bachelor1.jpg1.jpg

If tonight’s Twitter reaction is any indication, Juan Pablo Galavis has effectively sealed his fate as The Bachelor‘s most despised contestant ever.

We had to do our own background research to provide you the background, so here goes: Galavis had previously drawn outrage for comments about a potential gay Bachelor being “too hard to watch” because homosexuals tend to be “more pervert.”

Since then, his tenure with the show has been marred by battles with executive producers over those comments, and his general on-air behavior. But his actions in tonight’s finale took home the prize for odiousness, according to the internet.

Apparently Galavis’ selection between the top two choices to receive a proposal for marriage (What even is this show?) ended in an incredibly awkward fashion: One girl went home in tears, while the winner was given a non-proposal, told he “liked” her, and offered a rose as consolation of some sort.

Flash forward to the live, in-studio conversation between Galavis, the winner Nikki Ferrell, and host Chris Harrison. Galavis accused his host of repeatedly interrupting him, while refusing to go anywhere near saying he “loves” Ferrell, even though the 26-year-old woman has said multiple times that she has fallen “in love” with him. The audience boos, previous Bachelors chime in to rebuke Galavis — the whole thing is bizarre, even from an outsider perspective.

Thank goodness the Dis doesn't have thumbs up/thumbs down buttons; because I'm sure I'd get big time thumbs down for this, but here goes anyway...

Do I think JP is a particularly intelligent, articulate guy? Nope.
Do I think the powers that be with the show were well aware of that going in? Yep, or if they weren't, they should have been.
But people wanted the single dad with the hot bod and the swoon worthy accent, so that's what they gave us.

IMO some of the heat JP is taking should more appropriately be directed at The Bachelor franchise though.

For example: while I absolutely feel compassion for Clare, I don't think her rant about not wanting her children to have a father who made her go through what JP did was fair given the situation. I get that no one goes on the show thinking they're going to be the one dumped at the dramatic final 2 ceremony, but they do understand that's how it works. If you're not willing to put yourself out there like that, don't agree to do the show.

I find it funny that Chris Harrison gets off so easy in those situations too. He's not just the host, he's a producer on the show. He knew exactly what he was leading Clare into. Yet JP, who I'm sure is bound by contract NOT to let Clare know whether she was or wasn't his top choice before then, gets reamed out and Chris, who helped set the whole situation up, is the sweet, understanding, nice guy. Okaaaaay. :confused3

JP said and did some things I found distasteful, but if a camera was recording hours & hours of footage of me over the course of a couple of months I can guarantee they'd capture some unflattering moments. Plus I have no doubt that an edit can make someone look way better or worse than they actually are, and that's without taking the scripted and coached nature of the show into account.

It was obvious that there was contention between JP and Chris Harrison & the show, and personally I don't think either side came out smelling like a rose (final or otherwise ;)) last night. I thought JP's refusal to say much of anything about his current relationship with Nikki appeared childish, but I also thought Harrison's need a shower comment was unprofessional.

I'm not sure how I feel about Andi as bachelorette. She seems to be an intelligent gal, which is good. But I lost a lot of respect for her when she gave in and did the nude photo shoot against her better judgement. I think that's a move that could end up biting her in her bare little butt. JMHO though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter