Is it getting harder to find reservations for one?

Genie-In-Training

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. I'm doing my first solo trip since 2019 in December. I used to find it easy to find solo reservations to most of the top places. In fact, the only place I had to make a reservation for two was Ohana. Well, I've been doing some scouting on reservation times prior to my 60 day window. It seems like most of the places I'm interested in are not showing solo reservations. I've been looking at Yak and Yeti, Biergarten and Steakhouse 71(dinner). I've found several reservations for two, but when I change the number of people to one, I come up empty every time. Has anyone else had this problem? I've read that getting reservations is more difficult in general. Should I just make reservations for two when there is no option. I don't like doing it, but I don't want to miss out. Thanks for the help.

I have had this problem for many years. Their reservation system does not like singles. Just keep the reservation for 2 and just show up. The restaurants don't care and many have said that they know this happens. It's not like they have single tables anyway.

I have had this problem for many years. Their reservation system does not like singles. Just keep the reservation for 2 and just show up. The restaurants don't care and many have said that they know this happens. It's not like they have single tables anyway.

100% this! When you check-in to the ADR on the app you can put 1 anyway - and this trip the CM at the host stand literally only ever saw 1 person so there was NO comment about "Not 2?"

Also if you do a walk-up wait-list, put 2 in as well. As with ADRs, you'll be at the same table as 2, but if you put in 1 it either won't show anything or the time will be RIDICULOUS. And then don't stress it - if you mist say something just say the system penalizes solos.

And I’ll just add that if the system says no tables for 2, then look for a party of 4, and book it if available, without feeling guilty. It’s the system!

Absolutely! Garden Grill I noticed in spite of having 2-tops pretty much never shows for less than 4. I booked for 4 and was able to modify down to 1 even before checking in.

I've taken about 20+ solo trips and at first it was really difficult to find reservations for one. As a result, for many years I've just reserved for two, so I don't even know how easy/hard it is to get dining ADRs for one any more.

I went solo back in May and searched for both 1 and 2 people. I found a lot MORE options for Oga's for 1 but for places with sit down/tables 2 definitely was better.

I have been booking reservations for 3 on my upcoming solo trip. Using the app I then modify the reservation and change it to 1.

You don't even have to modify. As long as 1 person shows up for an ADR, then all is good as far as the "no show" fee.

3 can also cause problems at some restaurants. My family is a party of 3 and I often find ADRs for 4 for the extra same search that turns up nothing for 3.

But the whole MDE system is a Jenga tower of code stacked on code stacked on code, it's unstable and unpredictable.

Last edited:
I have found it impossible to get a reservation for a party of 2 at Biergarten recently. It used to be no problem.

So I have to book for a party of 3 instead. I hate doing it. But, when we get there, there's never any problem getting a table for 2: Biergarten has plenty of tables that only seat 2, and a lot of them tend to be unoccupied (of course!)

I wonder if this is a bug or something? Why wouldn't Disney want to fill those tables with paying guests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter