Is it easy to get in on a mixology class when you get onboard ship?

kohlby

DIS Veteran
Being that it's our first time with DCL, the mixology classes were of course all sold out when online reservations opened. Is t here a good chance we will be able to get in on a class later? We do have an earlier PAT time (10:45-11).

Based on my experience with our May 26th Fantasy cruise, I'd say you have a very good chance. I was signed up for a Mixology class (I'm gold) but the couple I was traveling with were first time cruisers and weren't able to find open spots online. We went as soon as we boarded (around 11:45) and were able to snag 2 spots in the same class I was signed up for, which was showing as full online.

In my experience they have classes on board that were never available to book online in advance. The navigator will tell you where to go to book it once you board.

On our last cruise I had forgotten about signing up for mixology in advance. By the time I remembered all the slots were full. We had no trouble booking onboard after we had eaten lunch (maybe around 1pm). The class we wound up in wasn't even at the times listed online, so I guess they offer more specifically for people to book once on the ship. Our favorite mixology class, however, was over a Thanksgiving cruise 3 years ago. I found an online group for people going on my cruise, and someone in the group had arranged a private class for people in the group. While everyone was still technically strangers, it was fun to kind of "meet" them beforehand and share the class together. Maybe you can look into various social media websites and see if there is a group for your cruise that's planning something similar.

On our last cruise I had forgotten about signing up for mixology in advance. By the time I remembered all the slots were full. We had no trouble booking onboard after we had eaten lunch (maybe around 1pm). The class we wound up in wasn't even at the times listed online, so I guess they offer more specifically for people to book once on the ship. Our favorite mixology class, however, was over a Thanksgiving cruise 3 years ago. I found an online group for people going on my cruise, and someone in the group had arranged a private class for people in the group. While everyone was still technically strangers, it was fun to kind of "meet" them beforehand and share the class together. Maybe you can look into various social media websites and see if there is a group for your cruise that's planning something similar.
I have only seen this in Facebook groups so far. I don't want to advertise my real name along with the dates I won't be home though. Good to know even 1pm wasn't too late.

On one of my cruises I signed up for two tasting/drinking classes. The Mixology was nearly full, but I got in and enjoyed it. The Tequila/Margarita class was awesome because I was the only student. I was simply sitting at the bar and had the full attention of an attractive barmaid who was pouring me drinks and chatting like we were old friends.

On one of my cruises I signed up for two tasting/drinking classes. The Mixology was nearly full, but I got in and enjoyed it. The Tequila/Margarita class was awesome because I was the only student. I was simply sitting at the bar and had the full attention of an attractive barmaid who was pouring me drinks and chatting like we were old friends.
How cool! I'm not much of a tequila drinker though I'll make exceptions if it's in a margarita. (Cabo San Lucas ruined straight tequilla for me a couple decades ago).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter