I realize that we got VERY lucky on that trip. My point is that it can't hurt to ask about it and if you get lucky, you'll get what you want. If not, you are no worse than when you walked in the door. Good point (no pun intended). In our case, it was costing more points for the stay, so as long as I had points available to use, it was possible. I agree, if I had been "downgrading", I would have wound up with points in holding.