Is it crazy to consider 3 resorts for a 1 week stay?

ireland_nicole

<font color=green>No brainer- the fairy wins it<br
I'm almost afraid to ask, but I'm seriously thinking of booking 3 different resorts for our 12/11 stay. We will be renting a car, and are pretty good at packing light so we'll just need 3 rolling bags total. DD has high functioning autism, so we tend to spend a fair amount of time at the resorts. It's a girls only trip w/ my mom, me and DD. ALthough we're going to hit the parks to see all the cool Christmas stuff, we're focusing on the resorts. Here's what I'm contemplating:

1. AKL: arrive Sat. night; stay Sat./Sun so we can do the sunrise safari Sun. am probably spend Sun at AK; check out Mon am and go to IOA to see Seuss.

2.WL arrive Mon eve; stay Mon/Tues: basically, everyone says their Christmas ambiance is awesome, and I thought it would be fun- plus it keeps costs down a little for the next part of the stay which is:

3.Poly stay Wed-Sat. enjoy the monorail access, and Epcot via the express monorail from the TTC. I'm also thinking maybe BC instead, but I really, really love the atmosphere at the Poly- it makes me feel so relaxed, plus the Dole whips on tap so to speak are a huge bonus! But is doesn't seem to feel as Christmassy so to speak.

So am I trying to do waaaaaaaaaay too much? Is this doable and fun or just a tragically horrible idea?

I think it's too much. I have a older ds with high-functioning autism (Asperger's) and I think all that change would have been hard for him to handle.

For one week I would really stay put at one resort, but if you really want to switch I would narrow it down to two.

Good luck in your decision.

Completely crazy! Have yourself committed immediately!

Okay... so maybe not 'completely' crazy, but close enough. I think two would be only slightly crazy.

Choose between staying at the WL & Poly and keep the AKL. I would say do WL at Christmas time.

I wouldn't even consider it, way too much time wasted packing/unpacking, checking in/out.

I wouldn't do it either - Just too much wasted time. Pick 2 if you have to, but we never change resorts unless we're staying for more than 10 nights...:)

We did this and loved it! Disney makes it so easy because they transfer your bags. Great way to get a lot of bang for the buck by experiencing different resorts. Have fun

Time is precious at Disney, and the very LAST thing I want to be doing is spending extra time repacking, unpacking, and standing in check-in lines.

We pick one spot and that's it.

I know I wouldn't want to do it. I don't even want to do just two resorts in one visit. Too much time spent moving back and forth.

We're doing something similar...We'll stay 1 night SSR (I just really want to try this resort before giving more thought to DVC). Then we'll do 5 nights Poly with DDP. Then 2 nights Dolphin (teacher rate...cutting costs also with no DDP). This way we can walk/boat easily to Epcot or DS for a couple days. I plan to pack well so that we can just use one suitcase at a time.

As another poster mentioned, Disney will move your bags. We, however, are driving and plan to just shlep everything around ourselves.

Go for it! I think your plans look great.

Kerri

I'm another one that sticks with one resort. I couldn't imagine packing up that many times.

I would skip WL. I've been there at Christmas time and it didn't knock my socks off. AKL was decorated just as festively, IMO.

I agree with most of the posters - too much moving in just a week. You'll spend precious vacation time packing/unpacking and you'll be "homeless" on the move days so getting in an afternoon nap will be problematic.

You are trying to do waaaaaaay too much. ;)

Another reason I would never consider 3 resorts in 1 week...you really won't get enough time at any of the 3 fabulous resorts you would be staying at. You need much more than 1 or 2 nights to really enjoy the atmosphere and ammentities at any of them. I would suggest picking one of the three, settle in and relax and enjoy... :)

Again....way to much moving. Why spend that much time moving from resort to resort?

We like to "settle in" the resort we pick to stay at, I would not care for all that moving around maybe 2 would not be so bad but 3 in a week is just too much, would remind me of my early days when the kids were little and we would do road trips stopping at a different motel each night.

hmmmm, thank you all for your input, I really appreciate it. I suppose I could give WL a miss, but would I regret it at Christmas? I love the idea of the AKL decor all the time, and especially at Christmas, and we need to stay there at least one night to do the sunrise safari. On the other hand, I really love the Poly and haven't stayed there in a long time, and love the transportation options, but am concerned it won't feel Christmassy. Anybody have another idea that maybe I haven't thought of? I'm open to suggestions:hippie:

fwiw, this is my first trip in 11 years w/o DH; he will not consider moving resorts, ever, and will not stay deluxe- he feels it's a waste of money. Fair enough, I respect his opinion. However, this trip is being paid for with my money, so its the first time in a reaaaaaalllly long time that I get to make the decisions; which is probably why I want to do them all at once LOL.

We're doing something similar...We'll stay 1 night SSR (I just really want to try this resort before giving more thought to DVC). Then we'll do 5 nights Poly with DDP. Then 2 nights Dolphin (teacher rate...cutting costs also with no DDP). This way we can walk/boat easily to Epcot or DS for a couple days. I plan to pack well so that we can just use one suitcase at a time.

As another poster mentioned, Disney will move your bags. We, however, are driving and plan to just shlep everything around ourselves.

Go for it! I think your plans look great.

Kerri

oooh, I'd forgotten completely about the Swan/dolphin- I get a discount for being a nurse, but then I'd lose the AP discount that will hopefully be available at the others... but they have reallllllly comfy beds- so you see my dilemma?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter