• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it cheaper to do a Land/Sea package...or purchase separately?

ThanksForNoticingMe

Mouseketeer
I know it is matter of just running the numbers...but does anyone know which way ends up typically being the better deal?

dh and i did this last year and it was WAY cheaper to do it separatly. WAY WAY cheaper. plus, you can do different offers, say free disney dinning.
do the pricing yourself and see what you come up with but i think you'll be surprised to see how much you save.
hope you post what you find here. i'm curious to see what you come up with.

I know it is matter of just running the numbers...but does anyone know which way ends up typically being the better deal?

It is my understanding that they don't offer the Land & Sea package anymore. :confused3 We just set up our own with 3 days at the Polynesian and 4 on the Wonder.

It is my understanding that they don't offer the Land & Sea package anymore. :confused3 We just set up our own with 3 days at the Polynesian and 4 on the Wonder.

I am not sure that they call it the "Land and Sea" but I know you can add days on to either the beginning or end of your trip.

Yeah I will def. post what the cost is (package vs. separate)once I figure it out...although I won't be certain until the Sept. deals come out

I booked our vacation 2 months ago. Now you can add days to your cruise before or/and after, and at whatever resort you choose for either. If you do it online though you are required to book park hooper tix (but you can select the days) and can not book dining. However you can call WDW travel, or have your TA add dining or modify your type of park tix.

I booked through Du and specifically asked that I did not want hopper passes added (just base tix) and that I wanted dining.

I had priced everything out seperately and there was zero price difference in the package I booked. Plus then I got the DU OBC for $100 for my cruise plus the $25 one that DCL offered. I like having one large package.

I booked our vacation 2 months ago. Now you can add days to your cruise before or/and after, and at whatever resort you choose for either. If you do it online though you are required to book park hooper tix (but you can select the days) and can not book dining. However you can call WDW travel, or have your TA add dining or modify your type of park tix.

I booked through Du and specifically asked that I did not want hopper passes added (just base tix) and that I wanted dining.

I had priced everything out seperately and there was zero price difference in the package I booked. Plus then I got the DU OBC for $100 for my cruise plus the $25 one that DCL offered. I like having one large package.

not something i suggest only because i did this and it was a bit of a nightmare. what happened was disney offered a special after it was booked and while i could change everyone elses reservation that was booked as i made them myself, i had to wait for du to do mine. i sent an email off to the person who was looking after my booking and got back a note pretty much saying leave her alone, she'd get to it as soon as she could. it seemed to be a form letter sent to everyone. we also did not get any paper work to say we were booked in (it was in the mail box on our return home) and we still had a balance owing when we got there. i'll never do that again.

book the cruise portion with du but book the disney stay yourself. then you can make changes, book dinning, everything you want to do without without having the bother of having to go through a third party. and no nasty surprises at the end.

not something i suggest only because i did this and it was a bit of a nightmare. what happened was disney offered a special after it was booked and while i could change everyone elses reservation that was booked as i made them myself, i had to wait for du to do mine. i sent an email off to the person who was looking after my booking and got back a note pretty much saying leave her alone, she'd get to it as soon as she could. it seemed to be a form letter sent to everyone. we also did not get any paper work to say we were booked in (it was in the mail box on our return home) and we still had a balance owing when we got there. i'll never do that again.

book the cruise portion with du but book the disney stay yourself. then you can make changes, book dinning, everything you want to do without without having the bother of having to go through a third party. and no nasty surprises at the end.

Oh what a unfortunate experience! I've used DU each time I go to Disney and personally have had nothing but amazing experiences. They answer e-mails on weekends, go out of their way to put in special requests, etc. I wanted to book my own dining and specials (BBB and pirate pals fireworks) because I'm anal like that :) Which wasn't a problem at all- the only thing that they have to do is make resrevation changes. Plus, my TA looks constantly for better deals.

I'm so sorry you didn't have the same service!!nn:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter