• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it better to go to Disneyland in June, July, or August?

lovemickeyworld

Earning My Ears
We're DVC members, and I'd like to just use my points next year and go to DL. We want to stay at the Grand Californian. On some other thread, I heard that June can be a bad time to go because the parks shut down for the high school graduates, I think around 9pm or so. I tried to contact Disneyland to get some clarification, but they beat around the bush and would not tell me if they do this, they also would not tell me what next year's schedule will be as they don't do the schedule till a few months before. I asked if they could just tell me what the hours had been for June'06, but they would not tell me. I don't know what the big deal is for them to tell me, but they would not.

Can anyone here help me out if this is true or not?

Going in June would save me some points vs July or August. The lower points is what is making me think the early evening closing is true.

Also, is a 5 night stay TOO long for DL. We'd want to have some down time to enjoy the resort, go swimming etc, and yet still see the parks fully.

Thanks for any help!

Ok first, we go all the time and I could still easily do a 5 night stay. Because we go so often it's usually around 3 nights and it just never seems enough. And unless I have atleast 4 days, we do not get in any resort time. We did 4 days in June and it was great!

We went June 10-14, and we missed the grad nights on either end (they were the 9 and the 14, but we left before closing anyways!) so the park didn't close until midnight everytime we were there. If you go the later half of June it will be busier but grad nights will be over. Even if you do go 5 days, there would likely only be 1-2 nights during that time that the park would close at 9pm.

We stayed on points in June because of the lower point value, and it worked out great. Even on the nights they close at 9, you have the pool or DTD to wander around, or just eat a late dinner after the park closes.

Hope this helped a little, I will see if I still have the June 06 days, although they are sporadic so it really won't help you much!

Andrea

Here you go:

Grad Nite at the Disneyland Resort is a private event only for graduating seniors and will be held the nights of May 11, 18, 25 and June 1, 8, 14, 15 and 22.

Andrea

I went in June and LOVED it. The weather was unbelievable.

We are going in May/June 07 and staying on points at the DLH. The last three years we have went the end of May into the begining of June, and have been there when grad nights are going on. We have usually only had one grad night during our stay, we usually stay 7-10 days.

Next year will be the first time we are staying on points and I would gladly use less points, and take my chances with the grad nights. From the dates for June 06 it looks like most of the grad nights fall later in the week, so if your planning on staying 5 nights, I would assume that your going Sun-Thurs, you may only have a grad night on the last night you're there (Thurs). I'd just plan on hanging out in DTD that night, having a late dinner, seeing a movie, do some shopping, and just taking in the sights/sounds of DTD. Besides it is at least a 30 point difference between staying in June vs. July and that's a lot of points!

Just my .02 (ok it was long more like .04 ;) )

thanks all for your replies, it helps a lot for planning purposes. Actually in looking at vacation schedules, I think we may postpone the trip till summer of '08 at this time. But June sounds like the way to go, for sure!

I'm really not familiar with California weather, but maybe it'll be just a little cooler in mid-June as well?

I can't believe we have to wait almost two years, but it'll be fun!

We did run into a phenomena in June called June Gloom. It was often drizzly, gray and coolish in the morning, but it burned off by early afternoon! It didn't stop us and neither did Grad Night. When DL closes at 9:00, we just went next door to DCA, which is open pretty late on those nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter