Is it bad to smell like a waffle house??

I've never been to a Waffle House so I have no idea what they smell like. I know if someone said something rude like that to me, I would have made sure I followed her around the store and stuck right by her side. :rotfl2:

The real question is, were you in a waffle house today to smell like one? :scratchin :)
And yes, she was rude!

She probably worked there at one point.

when you work places, you tend to get tired of the smell.

My first job was at Jack in the Box, and I would go home reeking of french fries (though thankfully I didn't work at McDs b/c those fries are sickening to me, and when I found out they use lard in the fry-creating-process (at the manufacturing plant, not at the restaurants) it all made much more sense to me), and I got tired of it.

I would park at the back of the lot near the vent, and my car would get covered in grease droplets that also smelled of french fries. Poor car.

I took my HS senior year picture that summer (summer between jr and sr years), and I had worked that day, and didn't have time to do more than put on makeup at the photo studio, so my face is a bit shiny (thankfully it looks glowy, not greasy) and my hair doesn't have its normal curl...is a bit frizzy, oh, as though it was put under a cap for 8 hours that day, LOL (luckily it looks nice somehow, though not how my hair normally looked). When i saw that picture for YEARS I could smell french fries b/c that's what I smelled of that day (and every day I worked).

So she probably worked there and is tired of it.

And she's rude.

We had never even heard about Waffle House untill our '08 Disney trip that we had to drive down from Michigan because my brother is afraid of planes. We ate at one and enjoyed it so we were excited to see that almost every exit since that one had a Waffle House. I like the smell of them when I don't have to sit next to a smoker so I would have considered it a compliment.

I've never been to a Waffle House but I remember my grandma saying it smelled like smoke really bad in them.

That is the only negative thing I can think of? She was rude regardless.

Noooooooo! The Waffle House doesn't smell like pee (I love breakfast out!) but maple syrup smell that comes out of a person's skin smells like pee.

?????

I think they might be eating TOO MUCH syrup??

Hmm, I eat Syurp on waffles, and panccakes from time to time and have never experienced this.

Perhaps the person that smells that way is Diabetic? I have heard of body chemestry getting messed up and a person giving off an odor, but it was from a medical condition.

(or the person is so happy eating waffles that they don't bother to take a break to the bathroom?? )

hehehehehhehehehe

Well, i wish i could smell you:lmao:
We dont have any around here. But i sure do love me some Waffle House!

I have to admit though.. I laughed pretty hard at your title. Not everyday someoen tells you you smell like waffles... could have been worse:rotfl2:

take is as a compliment;)

Hey - I'd rather smell like waffles than fajitas! We went to Chevy's on Friday night, and as usual, I ordered chicken fajitas. That sizzling platter makes me smell like fajitas until my next shower! My hair, my clothes, and even my fabric purse (which was under my chair) smelled like fajitas!

I am not saying this is the case but when I think of waffle house, I think of syrup and syrup on a person smells like pee. I am not saying you smell like pee. I am just saying that maple syrup smell on a person after eating it smells like pee.

The person was rude though. She could have just left the aisle. Or maybe waffle house is code for something else?:coffee:

OMG--I thought I was the only person in the world who thought that syrup on a person smells like pee. :rotfl:

OT--I have always called BO arthur--dont know why just call me strange. My parents they turned it into a code word at stores when a stinky person was around- EWWWW I smell Arthur......:confused3

She said that outloud so you could hear it?? OMG - I would have gone into the isle she moved to and has a nice little chat with her about manners.

Me too.:thumbsup2

Our Waffles House smells like really nasty old mop. I can't even walk in there, it makes me gag. Not that you smell like that OP, and even if you did I certainly wouldn't say that to a complete stranger. What a low class young lady.

?????

I think they might be eating TOO MUCH syrup??

Hmm, I eat Syurp on waffles, and panccakes from time to time and have never experienced this.

Perhaps the person that smells that way is Diabetic? I have heard of body chemestry getting messed up and a person giving off an odor, but it was from a medical condition.

(or the person is so happy eating waffles that they don't bother to take a break to the bathroom?? )

hehehehehhehehehe

There are two reasons (other than breakfast spills) why a person might smell like maple syrup.

One is "maple syrup urine disease" [branched-chain ketoaciduria], which is a genetic disorder that causes the odor. It can be quite deadly, actually. It is more common among Mennonites than in any other population.

The second is more benign: consumption of fenugreek. It is an herb that is commonly used in a lot of mediterranean cooking, and also for medicinal reasons. A lot of nursing mothers will smell like maple syrup if they are taking fenugreek to keep up their milk supply. Most commercial maple syrup is actually flavored with fenugreek instead of maple extract; it will indeed affect the smell of your urine if you eat a lot of it.

No, I don't smoke. I'm not around any smokers.

I guess I just stunk. :thumbsup2

I guess she could have called me much worse.

No, I don't smoke. I'm not around any smokers.

I guess I just stunk. :thumbsup2

I guess she could have called me much worse.

Don't worry about it, I don't smoke and I'm not around any smokers either and I stink like holy hell all the time. Smelling like a waffle house is a dream come true for me. :goodvibes

I am not saying this is the case but when I think of waffle house, I think of syrup and syrup on a person smells like pee. I am not saying you smell like pee. I am just saying that maple syrup smell on a person after eating it smells like pee.

The person was rude though. She could have just left the aisle. Or maybe waffle house is code for something else?:coffee:

This is one of the most bizarre statements I have ever read on these boards. I will have to go smell my maple syrup bottle now..maybe not, I may never want to use it again. Oh wait, upon reading it again, I will have to pour it on myself to get it to smell like pee? :lmao:

Once DH and I had gone to a Mexican restaurant and I got fajitas. We went shopping afterward and a woman in the same aisle as me said to her friend, "I smell onions!" I knew it was me, I left the area..;)

Well. Can't say as I find the smell of waffles offensive! And I do not agree at all with the "maple syrup smells like" urine. :sad2: It smells like maple syrup! Heavy and sugary, but that usually isn't offensive.

The smell of fish fry clings to folks (when they've gone to a small place like a diner) and I've smelled that scent in enclosed buildings. (You always could tell who went out for fish fry on Friday night). LOL. Not the best smell, but not horrid either.

Smoke from cigarettes, pipes and cigars that clings to someone's clothing or breath is disgusting to me, and I've been known to have to leave the area when the smell is overwhelming.

The worst smell though, is most perfume and cologne. Disgusting stuff, especially when the person dousing her or himself in it found it necessary to bathe in it. :crazy2:

There are two reasons (other than breakfast spills) why a person might smell like maple syrup.

One is "maple syrup urine disease" [branched-chain ketoaciduria], which is a genetic disorder that causes the odor. It can be quite deadly, actually. It is more common among Mennonites than in any other population.

The second is more benign: consumption of fenugreek. It is an herb that is commonly used in a lot of mediterranean cooking, and also for medicinal reasons. A lot of nursing mothers will smell like maple syrup if they are taking fenugreek to keep up their milk supply. Most commercial maple syrup is actually flavored with fenugreek instead of maple extract; it will indeed affect the smell of your urine if you eat a lot of it.

Very interesting...but the PP said that maple syrup makes the person smell LIKE urine. would that be from the same substance?

And now I got to go check my Trader Joes maple syrup!!!!

Guess I'll just hafta use RUM on my pancakes!

I wouldn't have said anything to her, but would have quietly followed her wherever she went, pretending to look at things near her. :rotfl2: Really I wouldn't have had that much nerve, but I would like to! :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter