Is i?t ok

dis4angie

Mouseketeer
We will be in disney on the dining plan Aug 3-8. I haven't made and ressies yet but was wondering my 17 year old son and his 17 year old girlfriend want to eat at Cinderellas castle...the rest of us (7) don't care to eat there. Will they allow two 17 year olds to dine without any adults present? We want to save our 2 ts meals for the polyniesian. Anyone ever done this or know of anyone who did?

If you're travelling in August and haven't made any dining reservations yet, you probably won't be able to get any for most of the restaurants.

Not sure about your specific question, though.

David

Call WDW and ask. Plus, as the PP said, check and see if anything is available anyway.

If you haven't made reservations for the Castle yet, I'm afraid the kids aren't getting in anyway, regardless of their ages. The meals at the Castle were probably booked solid months ago, and they don't take walk-ups.

You need to make your reservations. Today, if possible. At this point, you'll probably have a pretty limited selections of restaurants and times.

I agree on the reservations, but on the age issue, when I went with my parents (mid-1980s-mid1990s) my younger sis and I were allowed to roam the monorail parks and resorts (we always stayed at the poly)on our own, meeting our parents at designated times. I would guess I was around 15 at the time, and I am 4 years older. I can recall the two of us eating lobster at the liberty tree tavern (before it switched to family style, so a WHILE ago!), and eating at both the coral reef and alfredos in italy without supervision, and had no problems. (we went on the "gold key" program, all food was included, just present the card).
We also had no problem being served breakfast sans parents at the papeete bay veranda (pre-ohana) almost every morning, as we tended to get up at ungodly hours then.
Things may have changed since then, but these are some of our best memories of the parks--independence, but within safe borders:)

...adding we went for 2 weeks each summer, and usually for a quick weekend during the winter as well, so we KNEW the parks backwards and forwards, that helped:)

must stress the importance of getting your adrs in. For a party of 9 it will be very hard to get any good ressies with the free dining. Im going mid sept and and the better ts ressies or booked solid!!

I'm not sure how they'd know the ages of your son & his girlfriend - they're not going to ID him, and will probably assume they're in their early 20's alone at WDW. As others have said, you may not (probably won't!) be able to get into the places you want to eat at this point. We're locals, and can vouch for it being next to impossible to get reservations at any of the decent places (or the over-hyped places like Le Cellier) if you don't make those reservations at least 3 months in advance, and more likely 6!

Cheers!
Heather W

I wouldn't even waste your time worrying about whether they are old enough, CRT is going to be booked solid anyway. You seriously need to make your ADR's right this second. Most places will be booked. You'll need to be flexible. Probably the most openings will be lunch at this point.

Good luck!

I don't think there will be any problems with their age. That's one of the benefits of the DDP, anyone in the room can use the credits.

Besides, Disney does consider anyone 9 and over to be an "adult" don't they? At least that how they price the tickets and dining package. :rotfl2:

They will not have issues due to age. WDW will serve anyone who can pay. As others said, it is a non-issue as you won't be able to get in.

Just to update, son decided to stay with the rest of the group for dinners after all and we had no problem getting all the reservations we wanted.
Ohana , hoop-dee-doo, wcc, and coral reef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter