• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Hoopdee doo worth it ?

coastermom

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach
Ok So yes I could be one of the only people I know on Earth that has not eaten here !! LOL

So here is the deal we are going for my sisters 30th B Day to WDW in Nov. We are going the weekend of 11/7-11/11 . I know we are hopeful to have a chance that it will be the starting weekend of MVMCP ! and the end of the Food and Wine thing at Epcot :thumbsup2... Either way I am way ahead of my 180 days and we were talking about going for BOG for one dinner If we can get in and then using 2 credits on HDD Review . Since I have never eaten thers is it really worth the 2 hour show ? and with the DDP do we get the "adult" drinks ? Just wondering ?? :confused3

I love to be over prepared . Room , flight and tickets are all booked and ready !! :thumbsup2

I enjoyed the show and the food, as did my DD5. My wife thought the show was too hokey and was not a fan of anything other than the beer.

As a family, we've gone back multiple times we love it so much. Definitely recommended!!

The full show is posted on Youtube, I would take a look and see if it's something your family would enjoy.

The food is pretty simple but gets good reviews!

We enjoy it so much, we do it every year! And though we aren't on the DDP, the adult beverages are included!

We went in May 2012, our first time. LOVED IT! We had 2 adults (me and my sister), 1 elderly (my Mom), 1 teen (nephew) and 1 child (nephew). The teen found it enjoyable, but slightly lame. The rest of us loved it. We thought the food was amazing, but we're not overly picky. We had Category 1 seats, because I was afraid my Mom wouldn't be able to climb the stairs. Our table literally touched the stage, which was too close. Our necks were killing us from having to look up to see the show. Next time I would go with Category 2 or even 3 seating. The whole place isn't that big.

My DH would have HATED this, as he is not into audience participation things. Some people are asked to go up on stage and be part of the show, so be sure you're okay with that kind of thing.

Our family loves it. But pp's are right, you have to like corny humor and the audience participation. Definitely worth it for us.

I thought it was fun, although I experienced the same thing as a precious poster having a table touching the stage. The food was above average, the adult beverages are included in the cost of the meal whether or not you're on DDP, and the show was corny but entertaining.

Went for the first time in September. It was ok, but we won't ever do it again.

We LOVE it! I went numerous times as a kid...and now my family goes all the time! We love that sangria and beer are included and we like the food...a lot!

Show is fun, entertaining and hokey (it's meant to be). Food is only fair at best. Once was enough for us.

We love this show!!!! Wine, beer and sangria are included. We have always sat category 1 and loved it. During the 8:30 show everyone gets cat 1, even on ddp. But if you book the 7pm, after the show gets out there is a horse drawn carriage ride through the area that is less than 10.00/person. That was awesome. It has a unique view of the MK fireworks. A relaxing and great end to the day.

It is to me, but you really are the only one who can answer that question for yourself.

The beer and sangria are included as part of the meal, so they're available even on the dining plan.

For us, it's a no. We don't drink and there is room in the price for the free drinks so $ wise, it's extra pricey for us. The show is well done and entertaining but not one we feel is a not to be missed one. If you enjoy the unlimited ribs, chicken, corn, etc, Trails End offers a buffet with those foods for a fraction of cost.

I went last may for the first time and had a blast! The food was really good and the dessert was amazing! Just booked reservations for our trip this May. Word to the wise... Make sure you bring your license with you or no sangria Lol! Epic fail but still had a great time!

nope..hated it.. thought the show was cheesy, food was sub par and kids got bored after 15 mins infact it was so bad for us If kids are acting up and being naughty we jokingly threaten then with making them sit through the hoop dee doo again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter