Is Hilton the way to go?

kbender23

Earning My Ears
Lets just say I don't care where I stay and I am willing to take whatever rooms at the 7 month window. Lets also pretend I am never going Christmas week or July 4th or those major busy times. Saratoga seems to be available at the 7 month window every time.
Resale - Saratoga is about $88 per point Hilton is about $60
Why would I buy Saratoga? Does anyone have a reason why it would be necessary to spend more for that resort?
Just weighing options and had this question. Thanks to anyone who has an answer.

The annual maintenance fees are higher at Hilton Head, so you will spend more per year on fees. I believe Hilton Head is $6.52/point while Saratoga is $5.17/ point. Also, Hilton Head expires in 2042 and Saratoga expires in 2054, so there's more life left on the Saratoga contract.

I would add that if you look at the actual selling price and not the listing price. You could have SSR for mid to high 60s or if you didn't want to barter then mid 70s is very doable.

Lets just say I don't care where I stay and I am willing to take whatever rooms at the 7 month window. Lets also pretend I am never going Christmas week or July 4th or those major busy times. Saratoga seems to be available at the 7 month window every time.
Resale - Saratoga is about $88 per point Hilton is about $60
Why would I buy Saratoga? Does anyone have a reason why it would be necessary to spend more for that resort?
Just weighing options and had this question. Thanks to anyone who has an answer.
If WDW is the goal, I would not buy elsewhere (VB, HI, VGC or Hi) because of no 11 month priority and the fact that all will be more long term. For VB and HH is beause the dues costs will eventually eat up all of the savings. Now if one is trying for multiple options such as wanting to do HH at times during busier times, it makes more sense.

The annual dues at HHI is $1.34 more than SSR and within time, it will actually cost more than SSR and expire about 13 years sooner.

In 10 years, you would pay $13.44pp extra for HHI
In 20 years, you would pay $26.88pp extra for HHI

If you want WDW it appears that SSR is still the best resale value out there

too much risk for me with the offsite resorts. if you are mostly going to use the pts at wdw, i would own there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter