Is halloween at Disney too scary for a 1 year old?

DisneyWldHoneymooner

Earning My Ears
I am thinking of taking my daughter to Disney for her 1st birthday in October. Do you think it is too scary for a 1 year old? I have never been this time of year. Thanks!:)

Hi - I was there last year at this time - In general, I would say no, its not scarey - its more of a pumpkin/leafy/fall theme than a ghost/skeleton theme. During the MNSSHP the evil villians were there and the headless horseman was there which was a little creepy if you are sensitive to that stuff. The characters sometimes wearing halloween outfits, but they arent scarey - like Eeyore was a clown last year (unless you are afraid of clowns:rotfl)

It isn't, but that doesn't really matter. At 12 months, babies don't really get scared because of "spooky" things; they are very basic in what scares them at that age -- mostly being separated from parents. Really loud noises will startle them, and being jumped on by large animals, but that's about it. They just don't know that spooky/macabre means that you are supposed to be scared. Age 2 is a different story, and it really kicks in at 3, when they start to get scared of the dark and scared of the unknown. With DS WDW at age 3 was almost a waste -- he didn't want to ride ANYTHING that he had previously enjoyed many times.

DD loved Wishes last year, but we just took her to a fireworks show last week and now she is frightened of the concussions. She's 25 months old.

I'd say the fireworks would be the only possible problem, but they'll always be there!
Hallowishes (the fireworks show during the Mickey's not so scary halloween party) is my favorite!
(i've arranged to see it twice on the next trip - once during a party and once from California Grill!)

The headless horseman is huge and could be frightening (the hoofs are loud!), but it's over fast.

The great thing with Disney is they make it for all ages. I don't believe your little one would be a bit scared of any decorations. If anything they will be wide eyed with the lights and large mickey ghost decoration. If there is anything "spooky" it would be the equivilent of the haunted mansion. they play the music to Nightmare Before Christmas theme song. Which you will see all lot of that decor from the movie. The trick or treating time was fun and worth it. My two kids (5 & 7 when we went) loved it. That is if you get that extra ticket pass. Hope you enjoy it!

Like pp's have said, the decor isn't scary at all, more of a fall/pumpkin type theme.

The only thing I can think of is the some of the spooky looking CM's in the parade. You can watch alot of what goes on at MNSSHP on youtube to help you get an idea of what it's like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter