• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is going to DLR worth it anymore?

lildreamer101

Simply meant to be....
With all the prices for food and tickets going up it feels discouraging to even go now.
I also found out they removed a lot of the stuff I enjoyed at the park. For example, The Big Thunder BBQ Ranch, The Petting zoo beside it, Fried green tomato sandwich (I never got to try it :sad: ), Aladdin musical :sad1:, Fantasmic and World of Color (wasn't able to see it) the quality of food going down and the CROWDS!

It may seem frustrating but a lot of those things have left due to the new construction. I think its going to be exciting to see the finished product! We go once a year because we love Disneyland in all it's phases but we also go during school year and on week days because we have a better time when we don't have to fight the crowds. Going at peak crowd level would be discouraging for my lil family.

I wonder if the crowds are because of the 60th anniversary? I went the year before that and it wasn't as crazy. They didn't have the fireworks or paint the night at that time too. Which seems like a big deal right now.:banana: I guess these closures are for the construction of the new land as you say. It just seems disappointing at the moment. I guess that I will have to wait and see if I still want to go again in the near future.
BTW :thanks: for your reply.

With all the prices for food and tickets going up it feels discouraging to even go now.
I also found out they removed a lot of the stuff I enjoyed at the park. For example, The Big Thunder BBQ Ranch, The Petting zoo beside it, Fried green tomato sandwich (I never got to try it :sad: ), Aladdin musical :sad1:, Fantasmic and World of Color (wasn't able to see it) the quality of food going down and the CROWDS!
As Yogi Berra kind of said, "no one goes there anymore because it is too crowded".

In answer to your question, a lot of people think it is worth going as demonstrated by the crowds. Disney only has so many options to handle the growing crowds, and one of the best options is to increase prices. That is what businesses do when the demand for their product starts to grow beyond what they can supply. But that does not seem to have slowed down demand.

Another thing to do is to increase supply. That is what they are doing with Star Wars Land - more places to put people with more space, rides, restaurants and stores. They also added capacity DCA with the Cars Land expansion. That has taken pressure off of DL since June 2012. But DCA has growing crowds as well.

Fantasmic! is down temporarily and should be back next summer. Aladdin was great but things do change. So moving to the Frozen show is a positive move by Disney. I have not noticed food quality going down at DLR but actually it has been on an upward trend IMO since they added DCA and DTD.

:wizard:

So worth it! I will go as many times as I can afford to, and I have family that lives 2 miles from WDW. I prefer DLR, and that is after many years of APs to WDW. The only thing I miss is Blizzard Beach. You just can't beat having the two parks facing each other, even with the closures (I was there in February) there is plenty to enjoy.

Yes. It's still worth going to DLR. So many wonderful and fun things to do. Yes, things have changed - I still
miss the Golden Horseshoe Review - but new things can be fun, too and there are still a lot of the classics
still going strong. But you sure do point out the reasons NOT to go.

I just got back last night from a short visit, it was definitely worth it. We spent Thursday in DC and Friday in DL, even though they were grad nights and the crowd calendars said it would be packed, we were able to ride everything with minimal waits, we even took nap breaks each afternoon. If you utilize fast passes, and the single rider lines you can get everything done; we were even put together most of the time from the single rider lines. I think it is worth it for Paint the Night and fireworks alone, and Hyperspace Mountain is amazing. What I like about the Disney parks is that they are always changing, so you will always experience something new, and it is definitely still worth the visit.

Worth it or not is a very personal, individual opinion. There is a great big world out there, so if Disney doesn't fire you up, find something else that does. Also, sometimes after a break, coming back (if you are so inclined) makes it new and fun.

It really depends on if you really love Disney that can be the deciding factor. I personally find that when comparing the costs of a DL trip vs vacationing somewhere else, that I can travel further and longer for the same price as a DL vacation. So for me it's a matter of whether I want to travel to DL or go further afield for the same price, maybe a few $$$ more. I've got a major overseas trip planned for May/18. I've decided to tag on a side trip to DL on the way home, since I've got to transit through LAX on the way home, and the additional cost is minimal. Just have to spend a couple days less in one country. It's about personal choice, and deciding if the cost of a DL trip is worth it for your family VS vacationing elsewhere.

Is Hyperspace Mountain worth it? Yes.
Is Peter Pan's Flight worth it? Yes.
Is Radiator Springs Racers worth it? Yes.
Is Haunted Mansion worth it? Yes.
Is Tower of Terror worth it? Yes.
Is Paint the Night worth it? Yes.
Is Toy Story Midway Mania worth it? Yes.
Is meeting characters worth it? Yes.
Is the entertainment (Dapper Dans, Disneyland Band, Pearly Band, etc.) worth it? Yes.

I could go on. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter