Is FP still blocked for 3 hours around a dining reservation?

Saturn23

Mouseketeer
I remember reading this last year but it didn't affect me since I only had dinner reservations. This year I have BOG lunch and I was wondering if 3 prime FP hours will be blocked because of it.

I don't think so. We just got back from a 10 day trip and we had FP+ with a window that ended 5 minutes before our reservation time and then another FP+ where the window began 45 minutes after our reservation time.

Having an ADR won't block you from getting a FP, but if you select a time that is close to your ADR time, you may get an alert of a time conflict. You can ignore it. It's just for information.

You night want to post this question on our Dining Board to.Those folks are a great wealth of information on your question. Danny

the only time it did for me was I had a FTF package with SWW and I could not book anything around 10am because that was the check in time.

I don't think that's ever been the case.
During the early stages of the FP+ testing, the system wouldn't let you reserve a FP for a certain amount of time before or after an ADR -- around two hours, if I recall correctly. It was a big hassle on the one trip we encountered it.

We tested FP+ twice in 2013 and didn't have this issue so thankfully they didn't do it for very long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter