Is "Figment" scary at all?

antkim

<font color=teal>"Easy to love"<br><font color=dee
Ds's are 6 and 16 months....is this scary at all?

Thanks!

Kim

LOL!!! Let me guess......stinky skunk? LOL

Thanks, we have never been on this attraction(or many in Epcot for that matter!).

Can you advise me of rides that they may enjoy in Epcot? We leave Monday and we were not planning on spending a whole lot of time there but we have changed or minds! :rolleyes:

Kim

There is a point where it is completely dark and then you hear the sound of a train coming by you. There is an imagination playground when you come out of the ride that is fun. There's an area of the floor that makes different noises and an electronic "orchestra" you can conduct with your hands.

6 month and 16 month olds might not be as afraid of some rides as they will be when they get a little older. Kids that little are often fine as long as they are with mom and dad. When they get a little older they start to think about what is happening (so a 16 month old may think Haunted Mansion is great, but once they get to 3 yrs old, they are not so sure about those ghosts).

When my kids were little, they liked Living Seas (all those fish and the water are very relaxing). It's even better for kids now because it's themed to Finding Nemo.
Another ride that's nice is the one in Mexico. It's sort of a Mexican version of Small World.

Rides in Epcot that are dark include Norway (also has a fall, trolls and a giant polar bear), Honey I Shrunk the Audience (dark and has 4D effects, like mice and snakes), Spaceship Earth (not scary, just dark and maybe long for a 6 month old), Universe of Energy (dinosaurs, some loud noises and some complete darkness). If it's open, Cranium Command has some loud noises, not really scary, but startling.
Most of the other things at Epcot are either sort of long for little kids (the France movie is very nice with beautiful music) or they have a height requirement.

I should have said 6 years old! Sorry...I know you put a lot of thought into that reply for a 6 month old!!!

There's this part at the end where your car turns and it's totally black, then all of a sudden this bang comes with a huge gust of air and all of a sudden there's this really pretty scene. But the initial bang scared the crap out of my boyfriend and me. We nearly jumped out of our seats, lol. Has this happened to anyone else so I don't feel so pathetic? At least now I know to expect it. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Luv4Disney said:
There's this part at the end where your car turns and it's totally black, then all of a sudden this bang comes with a huge gust of air and all of a sudden there's this really pretty scene. But the initial bang scared the crap out of my boyfriend and me. We nearly jumped out of our seats, lol. Has this happened to anyone else so I don't feel so pathetic? At least now I know to expect it. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We just rode this yesterday (so sad to be home now! :sad: ) and my hair was blown over my face. Hubby got it on tape (don't ask me why he was taping that ride!)

We had a almost 4 year old, that is rather sarced lately and a 7 month old. As Sue M said it is dark and noisey, but not sacary, if they are sitting close to you. DD was in the frount with her older cousin and she did fine.

I miss the old figment and dream finder. Oh well.

the only other thing is that it is a little bit loud. i think that is what startled my boys the most (3 and 1). as long as they are sitting close you'll be fine :)

have fun!

Ugh, when that gust of wind and that loud noise occured, I about pooed myself :rotfl:

HTH said:
Ugh, when that gust of wind and that loud noise occured, I about pooed myself :rotfl:

Ugh! Thank you! I'm not alone! It's just so unexpected. Who would've thought something like that would happen? ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Luv4Disney said:
Who would've thought something like that would happen? ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I know! I ducked down so fast it wasn't even funny :rotfl:

Luv4Disney said:

scares the life outta me everytime :sad2: :blush:

Figment is my favorite character!! and the ride is awesome. Sad thing is that the "stinky skunk" didn't phase me. I think montana skunks are the worst...anyways back on topic. We had just come out of the figment ride and i look to my right, and Figment is peeking out of his little area. I totally ditch my family and go up to figment. he takes my hand and leads me back to the little picture area...and we only ended up with one picture because the photo pass thingy didnt work for it. I was more than bummed. But i told figmen he was my favorite and he gave me a kiss.... :banana: sorry to ramble on- i was very excited

Kirsten

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter