Is Fantasmic dinner really worth it?

jjarman

DIS Veteran
I am debating on whether to book the Fantasmic dinner package for our trip in March. My only hesitation is I don't want to be tied down and committed to the dinner package if we decide to not do it that night. If I knew they would not charge my credit card if we cancelled that day then I would book it. But you never know what the weather will be like and H&V, where we would book, is not a restaurant on my to do list anyway so it is not like I would be eating there anyway. Is the wait for a seat that bad? Also, if MGM is open later one night would they have 2 shows? Is the 2nd show not as long a wait for a seat?

The first time we tried to see Fantasmic it was really crowded and they closed the gate an hour or so before the show and we did not get in. They did have a second show that night but our kids were little and we did not feel they could stay up. Anytime they have 2 shows the second is supposed to be much less crowded. That time was summer, the next time we saw the show in early December after sitting and waiting over an hour, hard to do with kids but we LOVED the show. We have done 2 dinner packages since, one at BD (good but very expensive) and last time we did H&V and we all loved it. We have 4 kids and we all like different things. We all went away happy and full. We will do the H&V package again every time. We do not feel that the seats for the show are bad, but some people do. If you will be there around Easter it will be crowded, but they may have 2 shows. You have pros and cons on both sides....good luck deciding...Lacee

After missingFantasmic on so many previous trips, I booked the H&V package for our trip last month, and I am soooo glad I did. The food was fine, but the best part was not waiting in line and being able to peek "behind the scenes" while walking to the reserved seating area. Our seats were great, the wait was not long once we sat down, and we LOVED the show.

we just did the performance this december. all of agreed the dinner package is the way to go! not sure if everyone in the "stand-by" line were able to get into the theatre. we booked at H&V and all were pleased. my credit card was not charged beforehand. :teleport: :earboy2:

We loved Hollywood and Vine and it sure beat standing in line two hours before show time!

I've done Mama Melrose 3 times now and love it. Being able to hit a few more rides while everyone it waiting in line is well worth it. As far as the cancellation, I think you have to give 24 hours notice to cancel or you are charged. On that note, my inlaws backed out of a trip and we dropped down to 4 people from 6 inside of 24 hours without a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter