is Emerald Isle NC an expensive place to vacation?

Since I live down the road from there, I will give you some local info. It gets crowded during summer since the main road HWY 58 is only 2 lanes and very short 3 lanes with the turning lane. Hotels are not bad but you have to be careful they can be pricey. They like to charge for the ocean view. Food and entertainment is moderately priced. Take a look at Google, and search for Emerald Isle, NC, you want the website that says crystalcoast, sorry it would not let me post the link.
There are alot of other towns nearby to stay too: Indian Beach, Salter Path, Atlantic Beac, and Morehad City across the causeway. A nice area.

Swansburo is also a nice town to see just down Hwy 24 across the bridge. It has grown quite a bit since we moved from there 10 years ago. If you come here off season it will cost quite a bit less. Medic4tx, strange to see someone else in this area. :)

I haven't been back in about 6 years, but I used to visit that area a couple of times a year. I loved Emerald Isle and my father lived in Swansboro for a little while (My uncle still does, I think). It's odd to see a thread about it. Most people I talk to never heard of the area.

Do they still have the beach music festival in Emerald Isle? When I was younger (and living in Ahoskie, NC), my friends would all go to Emerald Isle for this big beach music festival. My parents would never let me go (probably very wise of them, lol), but when I saw the words Emerald Isle, I immediately thought Beach Music!

Anyway, I don't know anything about Emerald Isle (we always went to the Outer Banks), but hope you have a great vacation wherever you go!

Lori P. :)

Make sure you hit Rucker John's (steak house), and Capt Bills (seafood, if it hasn't burnt down again..) Emerald Isle is peaceful and not as fast paced as a lot of beach towns. I think the aquarium is still closed for renovations, but there are a couple of piers to fish from and lots of quiet beach.

lbgraves said:
Swansburo is also a nice town to see just down Hwy 24 across the bridge. It has grown quite a bit since we moved from there 10 years ago. If you come here off season it will cost quite a bit less. Medic4tx, strange to see someone else in this area. :)
It is, you never know where the person is you might be talking too....Right down hwy 24.

coolbeans said:
Make sure you hit Rucker John's (steak house), and Capt Bills (seafood, if it hasn't burnt down again..) Emerald Isle is peaceful and not as fast paced as a lot of beach towns. I think the aquarium is still closed for renovations, but there are a couple of piers to fish from and lots of quiet beach.
I second Rucker Johns, usually eat there at least once a week, another place good is Dj Shooters, and Bushwackers, all pretty inexpensive.

momm2four said:
Do they still have the beach music festival in Emerald Isle?
The St. Patricks Festival is pretty big, usually in March. There are also different music festivals in the area too.

Jsme said:
I think Emerald Isle is more expensive than Outer Banks.
Its all about the season....I can get rooms on the outer banks for 40 in off season and same with Emerald Isle.. During the spring break and summer they want to make money! :rotfl:

Yes, the aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores is still closed for renovations. One of the piers has been cleared away this year for construction. I think they are building condos or more townhomes there. If you get to that area near Atlantic Beach we just discovered a great place called Amos Mosquitos. Excellent food & you can get somores for desert! They brind a small burner right to your table to toast the marshmellos. :)

Is the White Oak place still open on the river in Swansburo? We use to enjoy going there often. How about Cafe 58 in Emeral Isle? I use to work there after it first opened.

Oh, they have the beach music festival & a great St. Patrick's day festival too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter