Is Easter week worth it? Advice please!!

MCW3D

Earning My Ears
Hi, our kids are 8 years old and we did Disney 2 years ago. I took them out of school in May last time when crowds were low but this year our Universal vaca would need to be between Easter break 4/19-4/26. Honestly, with the amount of $$ it costs, is it even worth it to go Uni during that week with crowd sizes?? We'd stay on property for the hotel/express benefits but would we still be waiting in lines most of the time? I have no concept of the Universal property so is it much more navigable/smaller than Disney? Are the hotel pools packed? We'd just hate to spend a lot of money and feel like we didn't get to do any of the rides because it was too crowded. Any advice/opinions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!pixiedust:

i took my family this year during their spring break and this year Easter was during that. it was my 2nd time to disneyworld ( first time we went it was 3 years before in june) we went expecting big crowds and long lines. it was not that bad. i even think it was better then in june! it was crowded but not as bad as i thought it would be. we did fast passes and the most we would wait for a ride was 45 min. we skipped the rides that were longer and came back with a fastpass or when the wait time was 45 min or below. i would say if its your only time to go then dont pass it up. we have yet to go during a
" low crowd time".

The Express Pass definitely makes it worth it. We moved here four months ago but before that we would come here every year either the week before or after Easter. My family would do the split stay between Disney and Universal and Universal was so much more relaxing. We had minimal wait times with our Express Pass. Even though we live so close and have the annual pass, I'm sometimes tempted to book a night on site just for the Express Pass. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter