is dyson worth it?

We've had a Dyson for about 3 years now for upstairs, since we didn't want to carry the canister around.

It is a good vacuum and works well. However, I wouldn't buy another one because it is so loud. I enjoyed the job our Oreck did and it was much quieter. We have Oreck stores just down the street, so it was always easy to get them serviced, which my play a big part in my enjoyment of them.

My wife doesn't really like bagless because you still have the dirty job of emptying the dust bin. Not a big deal to some people, but she doesn't like that. She'd much rather have a bag and all the stuff enclosed. So, different strokes and all that.

I :love: my Dyson.

DH and I went through one poorly working vacuum a year prior to this one. Three years and it is still going strong and picks up so well. I doubt I will ever buy anything else again.

you can save money by buying the yellow models the purple animal vacuum is the same as the yellow as far as suction its the attachments that are different that make the vacuum an animal version of the vacuum

Yep, love our animal Dyson!!! :love: If this one stopped working, I would buy another one. It does a great job.

Just curious, has anyone tried the new Shark vacuum that is supposed to be the same as a Dyson, but 1/4 the price??

I just ordered the D25 Animal Dyson, I have two dogs, neither shed, but I like the color :rotfl2: I have heard GREAT things about it on hardwood floors and with the D25 you get an attachment that isn't include in one of the lower numbered Dysons. I am excited to get it.

It is on sale for $569.99 (which is $19.99 more than Targets price), but that 30% off code saved me $171 and on top of that I get $80 in Kohls Cash!!! :cool1::cool1:

I really like ours. I've had it for a few months. I got it at Bed, Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon. I found it cheaper there than at Kohls with a 30% coupon.

I hate my Dyson. I have a roomba now and cleans wayyyyy better then the Dyson. I vacuumed with my Dyson and then sent my roomba out. The Roomba picked up so much dirt I did not know was there that I had to clean it out before it finished the room. My little Roomba goes all by itself and spends about 30 minutes in each room.

Might be the worst purchase of my life. I had two because the first one was a lemon - the second had the same issues - lousy sucking, and it would make a horrible grinding noise. My first one was in six times under warrenty before they gave me the second one. The second one I gave away to a friend.

I have a Meile now which I liked. The Dyson 'replaced' and Oreck that I still have and use - its the upstairs vac.

Add us to the "love it" column. It was a gift, so we didn't have to deal with the sticker shock, but it's definitely the best vacuum we've ever owned.

The black Friday ad shows it on sale at Target for $349 (I think that was the price). I'm considering getting one for myself, now that I have a GSD. I can use a back up for my Kirby.

The black Friday ad shows it on sale at Target for $349 (I think that was the price). I'm considering getting one for myself, now that I have a GSD. I can use a back up for my Kirby.

Looks like a good deal. That one though isn't on a ball which I am told makes a difference in the functionality.

I too love my Dyson Animal...just hate using it!! I hate to vacuum! I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, DH and DD. It does a wonderful job and I like the fact that I can use it on all my floors-tile, hardwood, carpet and laminate!

Barb

Just curious, has anyone tried the new Shark vacuum that is supposed to be the same as a Dyson, but 1/4 the price??

I have a Eureka Boss that is supposed to be better than Dyson, and I love it. It seems to be self propelled, it moves across the carpet on it's own it seems. It cost about $150, and has bags. I won't have another cheap bagless, the ones I have had got clogged within a couple of minutes of usage. I have 2 dogs, 1 kitty, 2 boys, and a DH. Our area is very dusty, and the ground is sandy, so there is a lot of tracked in dirt. I love my Boss!

I often wonder when I watch the Dyson commercial about the one with the ball and how much better the ball is...they sell other non ball vacuums, so what does that say about those?

I may be tempted one day to get a Dyson, but my DH hates their commercials so much I will have to hide it from him..:laughing:

I hate mine. It does not have good suction. You can feel when the suction finally kicks in. We have sent it back and gotten another but I still don't feel like it does what is says. I would not spend the money again.

it's good however, doesn't come close to the Kirby it replaced (in my house)

Gotta be the naysayer here. I think it's overhyped. I have 1 (an animal) and a Eureka Boss. The Boss was 1/4 of the price and does a better job. I bought the boss when my Animal went into the shop. Wish I would have bought it first-- and I have a chow chow and a lab/golden mix --tons of dog hair.

what about the belt issue I mentioned earlier? do you really have to service these to change a broken belt?? seems ridiculous

I am talking my parents into getting one. They still think the cheap ones they buy are fine. We've had 3 different vacuums since we built out house six years ago, so I'm telling them it's a smart buy.

YES !!! I bought mine last year, when I was lucky enough to get the Kohl's 30% off peel. I knew I wouldn't find it any cheaper.

Prior to that I had an Orek. I loved that vacuum. UNTIL I got my Dyson. Go for it, you won't be disappointed. Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter