is DVC worth if points used ONLY at WDW / GCH ? please advice !!!

How does the DVC exhange work ? How do I figure out how many DVC points are needed for a particular RCI resort ? Seems like you have traded - could you please explain the process with actual numbers for any particular RCI resort ?

While I dont plan to use DVC points other than DVC resorts primarily - I want to know what are my other options INCASE i dont want to to go Disney that particular year or if my points are going unused.

TIA ~

It varies more by season and room then it does by resort. For low season in a 1 bedroom, it would run 160 points. High season two bedroom would be 270.

And no...I have never traded out, but I read up on the process.

Thank you.
by 160 points for 1 bedroom do you mean for 1 week ?

Thanks again !

It varies more by season and room then it does by resort. For low season in a 1 bedroom, it would run 160 points. High season two bedroom would be 270.

And no...I have never traded out, but I read up on the process.

Thank you.
by 160 points for 1 bedroom do you mean for 1 week ?

Thanks again !

Yes, 160 points for a week...but again, that's low season. Some locations have one season all year long and it could be high, others have very short low seasons. It varies by location/resort.

The term that caught my attention in the original question was "worth it", and I think this is one of the fantastic recurring themes that comes up a lot. On these boards, most members use the term "worth" or "value" in a monetary sense, so it translates into a time/dollar ratio. That is what most of the information you initially refered to is about, Pearl.

That said, many also measure "worth" or "value" in more esoteric means, and Ithink this is the one that I tend to follow the most, unless I need to convince someone else that an idea is good. In thee cases it is easier to use economics, since it is fairly universal.

For instance, I saw an earlier thread indicating someone was able to purchase 200 SRR points for $55/point. Compared to my $95/point outlay when SSR was initially being built, it may seem I they have a better "value" than me and the "worth" of my points is relatively less than this member. This is true financially; however, luckily for me, I tend to measure value by how much fun we have on the four vacations we have taken using these SSR points! The value of my points are worth the higher price point, since my four year old has been to Disney four times in her life. We have also taken friends and family for four of our five trips (thus far), so I think these memories outweigh any incnial concern for me.

I just wanted to throw out the obvious; a vacation is worth the dollars spent if you enjoyed yourself, since money is simply paper (or metals) that only has true "value" when we se it to get the things we want or need. :thumbsup2 Thus, trading into a Disney, CI, or other collection definately has a lot of value and may be worth a lot to you and your family. :wizard:

- Chris

Here is the World Passport Collection point chart:

Studio. 106 Low/123 Mid/134 High
1 BR.... 124 Low/144 Mid/160 High
2 BR.....207 Low/252 Mid/270 High
3 BR.....276 Low/317 Mid/349 High

In most cases, I'd assume that the resort will be High season for planning purposes. If they end up being less you can always be pleasantly surprised! The seasons are decided by the individual resorts.

Here is a link to the DVC/RCI options - http://dvc.rci.com/RDGateway/Functi...L=/RDGateway/RCI_RDGIndex?body=RCI_RDGLanding

Thaks Webmasterdoc. How do I figure out what is Low / Mid/ High season for a particular resort. All it says is "RED" . What does Red indicate ?

Here is the World Passport Collection point chart:

Studio. 106 Low/123 Mid/134 High
1 BR.... 124 Low/144 Mid/160 High
2 BR.....207 Low/252 Mid/270 High
3 BR.....276 Low/317 Mid/349 High

In most cases, I'd assume that the resort will be High season for planning purposes. If they end up being less you can always be pleasantly surprised! The seasons are decided by the individual resorts.

Here is a link to the DVC/RCI options - http://dvc.rci.com/RDGateway/Functi...L=/RDGateway/RCI_RDGIndex?body=RCI_RDGLanding

I think the one trade-out exception is Club Intrawest.

We did this and the points chart for the Sandestin resort is very close to that of BCV.

I haven't looked at the charts for their other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter