• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Downtown Disney safe for families?

Oh jeez.

Maybe I'm a bit naive and trusting... but seriously????

Maybe it's because I come from a rough neighborhood... but I have been to DTD/PI/WS like literally 100 times. I never felt unsafe, I never witnessed any offensive behavior besides the normal obnoxious individual... Not only that... but I have never even felt intimidated... I have seen some groups of teens... no more than a max of say 10. I mean I know mall crime is usually peformed by youth... but when did being a teenager with teenage friends become a crime? I feel like people are wanting teenagers to be punished for just being teenagers with friends because it makes them feel uncomfortable. I"m sorry these kids have rights too... and I'm all for them banned from property if they cause a ruckus... but it needs to be done on an individual basis. Don't punish Sarah for Joe's offense.. Like an above poster said... I"m sure that if teen gangbangers want to commit crimes/ sell drugs/ fight they are going to do in the "hood" not in a crowded disney shopping mall with 500 cops close by..

Oh thank you so much. I walk around the local mall with my friends ( 7-9 kids ) every weekend and never have problems. I'm 15 and I feel like adults just think because one teen is bad we all are bad.

TRUST ME , from someone who knows it from today, kids never fight or do any of the stuff mentioned while knowing cops are around. I can understand kids going there not intentionally doing something wrong but causing a ruckus and that's usually the worst that happens. If the kids do something wrong yea throw those kids out not the rest of us. We're not all bad.

I was 15 not that long ago (just a few decades!) and we were frowned upon then just like teens are frowned upon now. So this is nothing new. Nonetheless, I have NEVER experienced any trouble from teens or anyone else for that matter out at DTD/PI. Never. Well, that one guy did tell me he'd beat the c--- out of me if I didn't quit messing with his wife. But I swear, it wasn't me!

BobK/Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter