Is downtown disney a must do for you?

I LOVE Downtown Disney. My little ones enjoy the entertainment they have at nite. They sing/dance and we all laugh. Its a nice relaxing time for us.

In answer to the original question, yep, DTD is a MUST for us. MULTIPLE must. We never go less than 3 times. Shopping at WDW is our favorite thing to do!:goodvibes

I do agree, though, that it's gotten insanely crowded there the past 5 years or so. You really notice it when you have to push a stroller through crowds and crowded, tight shops. There were times I had to leave my family w/ the stroller (my DS in it of course) or I stayed w/ it while we went in.

All these trips though, and I never knew you could take a boat from one side to the other! :rolleyes: I knew you could from the resorts on the river, but not from one side to the other. That would have been great to know when the bus stop at Marketplace was closed. oye!

We always go to DTD on our arrival day. We usually fly out early in the morning and my kids wouldnt make it through a whole park day, so we spend it at Downtown DIsney. We like walking through the shops and eople watching. It has become a tradition with us.:)

Every trip so far.
We can't wait for our next Ghiradelli's chocolate milkshake! That is already on the list of must do's and we don't even have a date yet for our next vacation. ;)

We have not been since it was Pleasure Island and no real desire to go. I just don't think it is worth the ridiculous amount of time it seems to get there and back and although I'd like to browse the shops.... I'd rather spend time elsewhere.

:flower3:

Nope. I'm not a shopper. I had no desire to visit at all, and the only reason I ran down there is because there was a cold snap and we needed some pants for our son. I didn't really see anything worth going back for.

We don't find it a must-do. We went once a few years ago, and didn't find anything there we can't get either at home or the parks. To me, it just seems like another mall, and personally, I hate malls.

For my family it is at least a quick must do. The trip we are getting ready to leave from. We spent two hours one night. The team Mickey store is always a must do, as I have three boys 11,9 and 6. Also the Lego store is a must do for my 6 year old.

I forget to post if we are at downtown for a meal Pollo Compero or Earl of Sandwich are both great. If you are into Sugar Free Snacks then NYC babycakes has a dessert for you.

I'm not sure if I would classify DTD as a must but we always end up there a few times. Usually on our arrival day for lunch and wondering around, then again once or twice again. It is crowded but i like to people watch and look through the stores. We have never been to the Ghiradelli shop, I will have to stop there this upcoming trip! I know it's personal preference but we enjoy the area. ;)

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but would anyone consider going to DTD for a Disney fix if you were on a non-Disney vacation in Orlando? :scratchin
Could end up being an expensive Disney fix though :laughing:

Uh yeah we were in Orlando for a non Disney trip and we thought it would be fun to go to DTD. Big mistake, couldn't afford, no matter how hard we tried to get to Disney for one of the two days we were there. Made us all very sad. Needless to say I started planning a whole new trip after we got home. Those were the longest 6 months ever after being exposed to DTD for the day.

Sometimes we go, sometimes we don't. We enjoy it the times that we go, but don't really miss it when we don't go. This last trip, we went around 10:00 a.m. and it was probably the most enjoyable because there wasn't anyone there.

We go every time we visit Usually more than once, I like the atmosphere and the shops, DH likes disneyquest so we are both happy.

We love going to DTD. The fact that it is so crowded shows that many others enjoy going to DTD too.

Definitely not a must do. In the last 6 trips we made it there once. Just not a priority for my family.

I"m a lousy shopper and as such I'm not much for browsing the umpteen bijillion stores in the disney parks.

So DTD is a must so that I can do a semi shop through World of Disney to get whatever small thing I do buy and I don't have to waste time in the parks. I am a fan of one stop shopping.

I am actually planning an evening in DTD on the second night of my trip (first night that my friend will be there) and we're going to eat (EoS) there which will be a first for me.

Past times I just kinda went on a random time when I was not doing something else made a quick walk through purchased one or two things and done in about an hour.

Uh yeah we were in Orlando for a non Disney trip and we thought it would be fun to go to DTD. Big mistake, couldn't afford, no matter how hard we tried to get to Disney for one of the two days we were there. Made us all very sad. Needless to say I started planning a whole new trip after we got home. Those were the longest 6 months ever after being exposed to DTD for the day.

Did going to DTD make you sad that you didn't get to the parks? So I take it going to DTD on a non-Disney visit isn't a good idea?

Another vote for must do. We go there the day we arrive, do some shopping, then relax at the resort. Gets us in the mood for the parks the rest of the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter