is Dolly gone for good?

littlelaura

If theres no chocolate in heaven, i aint going!
i saw on another thread that Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede has closed down. We never got chance to do this, and had planned to do it next vacation.
Does anyone know why its gone, since its meant to be one of the best?
Do you know if its gone forever, or if its just a refurb and will re-open with a new updated show?

They are supposed to be looking for another location but they have been looking for months.

i saw on another thread that Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede has closed down. We never got chance to do this, and had planned to do it next vacation.
Does anyone know why its gone, since its meant to be one of the best?
Do you know if its gone forever, or if its just a refurb and will re-open with a new updated show?

It's been closed for over a year; don't think it's coming back :sad1:

Supposedly the Orlando Premium Outlet mall next door gave them an offer too good to refuse so the mall could expand,however last I heard the mall backed out of the deal so no expansion and Dolly won't be coming back either.What's weird about this is how can Dixie Stampede just shut down due to the offer if it wasn't even a done deal and they've been saying they're looking at other locations for the dinner show,well now that the space won't be used to expand the mall,it sounds like you should go back to that location that was a great location.So basically I don't know what's going on but everything that's happened is a bit strange.

As safetymom said, they are looking for another location in Orlando. No word in when/where that will be.

Supposedly the Orlando Premium Outlet mall next door gave them an offer too good to refuse so the mall could expand,however last I heard the mall backed out of the deal so no expansion and Dolly won't be coming back either.What's weird about this is how can Dixie Stampede just shut down due to the offer if it wasn't even a done deal and they've been saying they're looking at other locations for the dinner show,well now that the space won't be used to expand the mall,it sounds like you should go back to that location that was a great location.So basically I don't know what's going on but everything that's happened is a bit strange.

Well, I'm not an insider, but here's what I think.

I think that there was probably something in the contract to purchase that required them to close when the contract was written - maybe for inspections, maybe for liability, who knows. I think there was probably some obscure "out" in the contract that both Premium and Dixie never thought they'd use, but the legal beagles put it in there. So the economy goes down the drain, to where even some mall owners/developers are filing for bankruptcy protection. Something triggered the "out" clause, although we don't know what. Perhaps Dixie just wants to sit tight and not have the extra expense of running an Orlando show until things get better - I'm sure the dinner shows in Orlando aren't running at full capacity right now. Or maybe they've done research and decided not to reopen in Orlando and they are still planning to sell the property. We don't know how the financial situation is for either Premium Outlets or for Dolly's companies.

I do know it was the favorite dinner show of the people I work with. They would actually go to that one, where they aren't particularly interested in any of the others. It's a shame things went down the way they did.

While they still officially claim to be looking for a place to reopen, unofficially I think it's BS because why not just reopen in your already custom-built facility that the buyer backed out of?

We never saw the one in Orlando, but we saw it twice in Tennessee and it's a really cute show. For yeears we planned to go to the Christmas show here, but now it looks like we lost the chance.

^ Nope, they are officially looking for another location.

I think the keyword here is "officially". I kind of believed this when we all thought Orlando Premium Outlets had bought the land, but even then I had my doubts based on how the whole closure was handled. Now they have the land and the building back and it is doubtful when and if they can sell it in the current economical climate. If they were really as committed to Orlando as they make out, they would just reopen at the original location.

dolphingirl47

It is gone for good. A friend works for Dolly, I couldn't believe it, but it is gone.

The owners of the Orando Premium Outlet holds the right in contract to by the property the Dixie Stampede sat on. In January they gave them an offer they couldn't refuse. The Outlet mall was going to expand with more shops. It was supposed to be done in November. Dixie is still standing? No new shops!

And Orlando Premium Outlets are firmly denying that they ever made an offer, never mind had a contract.

dolphingirl47

I'm really not that involved with the situation, but I know that the location wasnt working out well for them in terms of access from the interstate, etc.

I worked at the one in Tennessee for 3 years and several of my friends still do. they have all said that 'word at the show' is that they weren't really selling as many seats as they would have liked and it wasn't the success it is in more 'Southern' states. (Even though Florida is more south on the map it is far from being 'southern'). They believe possibly the theming of north vs. south just isn't as popular there? Who knows??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter