• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Disneyland Hotel worth it?

xiphoid76

DIS Veteran
I have a question to the disboard experts out there...
I am used to Disneyworld, but do not get to Disneyland very often (this will be my 2nd time).
I have the Fairfield Marriott booked for next weekend for a little over 200 a night...
Disney just sent an email with their Disney Visa card for stay 2 nights and get one free at the DL hotels. Therefore I can now stay at the Disneyland hotel for about 280 a night (after the deal). Is this 80 a night worth it?
I have walked thru the hotel at one time and it looks cool - I like the pool area which looks nicer than the Fairfield. The distance to the park looks almost the same, but I do get extra magic hour in the morning...just don't know. Would appreciate feedback from people that have stayed at Disneyland Hotel. Thanks!

Well it depends. For us with kids, the pool is awesome! We love being right in Downtown Disney and a quick walk to all the restaurants and fun. It feels like you are still in the mix. I love getting a room with a view of Downtown Disney. For us, as long as it fits in our budget we will stay at the DLH because it's just extra magic for the family.

If money is tight or you feel you wont be using the amenities then I would say skip it. Disneyworld hotels are on property unlike Disneyland's. so unless you stay at a Disneyland hotel out in CA you will feel like you are definitely stepping out of the magic. We've done both but if given the option would always pick a Disney Hotel.

Last edited:
I am used to Disneyworld, but do not get to Disneyland very often (this will be my 2nd time).
I have the Fairfield Marriott booked for next weekend for a little over 200 a night...
Disney just sent an email with their Disney Visa card for stay 2 nights and get one free at the DL hotels. Therefore I can now stay at the Disneyland hotel for about 280 a night (after the deal). Is this 80 a night worth it?
I have walked thru the hotel at one time and it looks cool - I like the pool area which looks nicer than the Fairfield. The distance to the park looks almost the same, but I do get extra magic hour in the morning...just don't know. Would appreciate feedback from people that have stayed at Disneyland Hotel. Thanks!
If it was me I would be very tempted at $280 a night and would probably switch to the DLH. When I checked rates a few months ago (without this deal and just normal discounts) it was more like $400+ a night. I decided not to splurge on this trip and made a res at the BWPPI.

So I guess my answer is it would be worth it to me because I like the DLH. :)

:wizard:

Last edited:

For $80 more per night, I would book it in a heartbeat. The room we had last year was huge! So was the bathroom. I traveled with 4 girls aged 16 to 23..so so that was nice! The walk through Downtown Disney is WAY better than walking down Harbor. We used early entry every day, which is worth its weight in gold to me. We had a longer visit, so the shipping things back to the room option was very handy. My daughter loved the coffee shop onsite. Their giftshop is one of our favorites.
Having said all that, we are Staying at the Fairfield in a few weeks...because on property is not in the budget for the people we are traveling with. Disneyland will be great no matter where you stay!

As long as it isn't going to affect your budget too much I would stay at the DLH. Like people above I like staying in the Disney bubble. It makes me feel more like I am really on vacation. The pools are perfect for my kids and I love getting to order drinks and food poolside. I like walking through Downtown Disney to get to the parks and we sometimes take the monorail or go through the GCH entrance to DCA. We also love getting the extra time for DCA - even if you just get in there 10 minutes before the park opens that still has meant for us that we can walk on Toy Story and then head over for a RSR fastpass before the crowds pour in. I don't think I have ever ridden Toy Story NOT during that extra hour! And there have been several mornings my family rode it several times in a row and some of us broke off and rode Screamin'.

If it was me I would be very tempted at $280 a night and would probably switch to the DLH. When I checked rates a few months ago (without this deal and just normal discounts) it was more like $400+ a night. I decided not to splurge on this trip and made a res at the BWPPI.

So I guess my answer is it would be worth it to me because I like the DLH. :)

Where did you see this offer? I could not find it on the Disney Visa website?

Last edited:

I wish I could get this offer! At $280, that's probably right at the mark where I'd say it's worth it. That's close to double what I'm paying at HoJo (add in parking fees), but there is something nice about walking right onto Downtown Disney. Plus, my kids love the killer waterslides. You're super lucky!

Yes, for 80 a night. We've stayed there a number of times but are not there this year because it wasn't in the budget. The DLH is my kids' favorite DL hotel and we've stayed at all 3. They love the pools and I love hanging out at Trader Sam's while they're at the pool! (They're older now than what is shown in my profile picture.) And the little Disney touches in the room and throughout the hotel just make it so Disney!! Love the DLH.

For $80 that is totally worth it assuming you are not on a budget trip. $280/night with any promo is a rare rate these days, take advantage of it!

Hi. I have a Disney Visa and didn't receive any offer today. I don't see anything on the Chase Disney Visa site. Is there a code in your email for this? Thanks for any information you have! :)

$280/night is a good deal, as you can see several people would like to take advantage of that price.

Wow! $200/night for the Fairfield Inn????? that's NOT worth it! Def. go for the DLH deal...you won't be sorry!!

Without question, I would choose the Disneyland Hotel. We love it!! The staff is wonderful, the rooms are great, the pools and slides are awesome! We would stay there every trip, if we could.

I agree with the others and say, if it isn't going to hurt your budget, do it! The walk at night is long (when you have kids complaining with every step), but, it is through DTD and there is plenty to see, hear and smell to keep you occupied during the walk back to your room. The monorail is a hit or miss as to if it is running, so, I don't count on that at the end of the day. I figure it as a nice last ride of the evening. Rooms are nice, and the overall feeling of staying on site is great. Having one hour each day in a park before it is opened to the public is very nice! What ever you decide to, I wish you the best vacation.

Hi. I have a Disney Visa and didn't receive any offer today. I don't see anything on the Chase Disney Visa site. Is there a code in your email for this? Thanks for any information you have! :)
It must have a select email to certain Disney Visa card holders. Wish I had gotten that email as I would have jumped on it!

Absolutely worth it! If you are used to staying on property at WDW, then staying at DLH keeps you in the Disney bubble. The walk to the parks is through DTD so you never have to see the outside world. The rooms are nice. Trader Sams is there. We love DLH. I would jump at $280 a night because we have never gotten it that cheap.

For us.. ABSOLUTELY! That is a price you don't see too often.. basically EVER! I LOVE staying on property ... you never have to leave the Disney bubble! If you can swing it ... i'd say go for it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter