Is Disney PACKED today (10/5) or just MDE messed up?

Budshark

DIS Veteran
Showing lines of 105 mins for Big Thunder... Space Mountain 95 minutes, Jungle Cruise at 50 mins, Haunted Mansion 60 mins at 7pm on a random Monday?

I'm hoping this is a mistake... :D :D

FWIW - It's a crowd level 5 day according to Easywdw - but that's spread across all the parks. Easywdw does list MK as "not recommended" since it had EMH this AM. Could be plenty of folks without hoppers spending time in MK exclusively today. Also, less than half the days in Oct are non-MNSSHP nights, and as fast as MSEP and Wishes FP+ were gobbled up I would expect large crowds on non-MNSSHP nights all month. See how the times change tomorrow because of no-EMH and MNSSHP that evening.

Touring Plans lists MK as a 7 today. Next Monday is a 5, but the overall crowd average for all four parks is listed to be a 9! Eeep! Had no idea Columbus Day has such an impact o_O

It's reports like these that are giving me pause with regard to my plans. I checked MDE this past Saturday night, around 5 or so, and the wait times were ridiculous!

We planned to go to MK on the Saturday night of our trip (10/24, Touring Plans has MK listed as a 6 that day) since that is one of the few nights that MSEP is operating (thanks 4x a week MNSSHP!). I did get FP+ for MSEP and Wishes, however, based on just the overall crowds that are anticipated, I'm not entirely sure if it is worth it. DH can take it or leave both the parade and fireworks, I was dying to see MSEP, and DS was interested in MSEP when I showed it to him on youtube for a few minutes, but then lost interest, but keeps asking to see fireworks.

I'm thinking we might be better off making alternate arrangements that night, and trying to just catch Wishes from the Poly or TTC.

Isn't a Monday with EMH and no party kind of like the perfect storm of making MK busy? Doesn't Monday compete with Saturday for the busiest day since people start their trips there, then EMH always makes it more crowded during the other hours and the whole non-party night always raises the crowds, right? Perfect Storm.

Our last trip in December 2012 I hated planning around the parties. I feel like Disney should give you a discount for only being open til 7.

Yesterday was packed. Period. But hey, am emh and no party, it was expected.

THis is why I put no faith in crowds calendars--they are based upon previous years--not the current year. WDW has been crowded ALL YEAR LONG this year. I have been 2x near Columbus day and yes, crowds were spring break level.

It's Fall Break this week and everyone arrives on Sunday and hits Magic Kingdom first on Monday. Plus as others said, no party. I bet today at magic kingdom isn't bad at all...until tonight!

Last edited:
I was there last night, and it was crowded, but I've seen worse.

At times on the walkways it was shoulder to shoulder, and the lines were long, but for Wishes we stood in Main Street about halfway between The hub and the train station, and there was no one right around us, and maybe 6 feet of open space in front of us.

We left from there right after wishes was over, didn't stop but also didn't really rush, and we were on the first bus to All Star Movies from the bus stop. In the room by 10:45.

Just did a quick check on MDE and wait times today are totally manageable. Middle of the afternoon and longest rides at MK are 45 minutes and its the usual - Peter Pan and SDMT. The parties and nighttime entertainment really do seem to drive the crowds. Which is why we are going to MK on the 3 party days when we are there later this month!!

Just did a quick check on MDE and wait times today are totally manageable. Middle of the afternoon and longest rides at MK are 45 minutes and its the usual - Peter Pan and SDMT. The parties and nighttime entertainment really do seem to drive the crowds. Which is why we are going to MK on the 3 party days when we are there later this month!!
The crowd today at MK was bigger than I was expecting.... but consistent with fall break. People everywhere, but manageable attraction waits. Actually, from a people perspective, it was similar to our experience in early July. Difference was waits in July were longer. And the heat.

Studios was light compared to MK. Epcot was moderate.

EPCOT was great yesterday! We did not feel like it was crowded at all. Short lines for food and wine most of the day. The TT single rider line was only 10 minutes in the late afternoon.

Also one of the biggest conventions of the year going on at WDW this week. The Gartner Symposium sets up huge tents in the parking lots at YC, BC, Swan, Dolphin just to act as food service locations to feed the masses attending the conference. If the families come along, lots of people for the parks.

EPCOT was great yesterday! We did not feel like it was crowded at all. Short lines for food and wine most of the day. The TT single rider line was only 10 minutes in the late afternoon.
I agree with you up until like 5pm,then F&W got plenty crowded.Still 1000% better than Saturday,weekends at the F&W festival are no joke.People everywhere you turned and I didn't get anything from the booths as the lines at every booth looked like they were at least 30 minute waits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter