Is Disney Bringing a 'Frozen' Attraction to EPCOT's Norway Pavilion?

Your welcome to come to Pittsburgh. We have about 5 months of a Frozen Attraction every year. We call it "reality". Minus the talking snowman. But after a few margaritas, anything's possible!

Must be regional. We call it "winter". :lmao:;)

I LOVED Frozen but I have to say, not everything in the Norway pavilion needs to be saturated with it. The church does look nice and provides a good tie in to the movie and Norway but my husband works in the pavilion and is from Norway and I know the cast members there would probably like it if their country was known for more than a Disney cartoon.
Exactly. Why is it always Norway anyway? Does Norway have any say about this? Maybe they don't care if they do.

This shows a complete lack of respect for Norway and Norwegian people IMO. If this comes to pass apparently Norway is nothing but a place for cartoons according to Disney.

I wouldn't really call it pathetic. I know they put the princesses in Akershus because the restaurant was doing poorly and it was a castle setting so it made sense (and now it's very busy so I guess it worked). And Frozen is set in Norway so there is a tie in. But maelstrom is very popular and fine the way it is. But the cast members would like the movie to be updated I know. And no not with Frozen characters. I've lived in Norway and its gorgeous. It would be nice if they could find a good mix of the movie that appeals to kids and the beauty and culture of the country to appeal to all ages.

Count me as someone who loved the movie but does NOT want to see Maelstrom refurbed into a Frozen attraction. A Frozen attraction would be good - but please put it somewhere else. I'm not even sure I'd want to see it at Epcot (altho the park sure does need some new attractions). I just don't want to see all the cartoony fantasy stuff take over ALL of the parks. We've been going to Disney for about 15 years now and one of the things I always enjoyed was that each park had its own ambiance - the cartoony stuff was at MK, the Studios have (or had?) the nostalgia of old Hollywood, and Epcot was a combo of sci-fi in Future World and a nice variety of cultures and history in World Showcase. It gave you lots of different experiences to look forward to. Saturating all of the parks with cartoon characters is just way too much of a good thing IMHO.:(

Exactly. Why is it always Norway anyway? Does Norway have any say about this? Maybe they don't care if they do.

This shows a complete lack of respect for Norway and Norwegian people IMO. If this comes to pass apparently Norway is nothing but a place for cartoons according to Disney.

Then again, if they re-themed the gift shop to resemble Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna, it might improve their guest throughput and sales...

My prediction is that "Frozen" will not get an attraction, but instead will be a live show experience somewhere in the parks and possibly Broadway... Along with the standard character meet and greets of course.

My prediction is that "Frozen" will not get an attraction, but instead will be a live show experience somewhere in the parks and possibly Broadway... Along with the standard character meet and greets of course.

What's replacing the Beauty and the Beast live show in HS?

At the rate the rumors are flying, it seems like half of WDW will be closed by summer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter