Is Direct Worth It?

The correct math solution for me is to buy VGF2 and sell everything else. Then sell my VGF2 in 5-6 years, which was always my exit date. It's the APs that are my sticking point. If I'm getting out of DVC sooner than I imagined, then I don't want to have the baggage of direct points.

With all the decisions Disney is making lately, I view holding DVC as a much bigger risk than I ever did before.
This month especially.

I have owned DVC 16 years and never used the perks that are now only for blue card expect for the AP. I think you need to figure out how many years the discounted AP would take to pay off. Honestly if that is your only reason I would stay resale.

I have owned DVC 16 years and never used the perks that are now only for blue card expect for the AP. I think you need to figure out how many years the discounted AP would take to pay off. Honestly if that is your only reason I would stay resale.
The other benefit which may be more important to some is the ability to use points at all the DVC resorts in the future and including RIV now. If you really don't care about that either, then I agree, direct doesn't have much of an advantage.

For us, that is huge and why we won't be doing resale again unless they rescind that aspect of the program...

The other benefit which may be more important to some is the ability to use points at all the DVC resorts in the future and including RIV now. If you really don't care about that either, then I agree, direct doesn't have much of an advantage.

For us, that is huge and why we won't be doing resale again unless they rescind that aspect of the program...
If our current ROFR gets taken we are going direct. Primary reason is the amount of time it takes to get the resale done. As a new member, we don’t want to keep biting off 60-90 day chunks of time just to have to start over. We are going direct to get established and then will do resale for add-ones. Having the 2021 points to use immediately is worth it for us so we don’t have to rent points for our summer trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter