Is DCA less crowded during the day of OBB?

I'm not sure that the park is less crowded than a typical day, but it does get significantly busier (or at least feels busier) during the party mix-in time.

Guests going to OBB can get into DCA starting at 3pm, so from then until just after the party starts at 6pm and regular day guests leave is the busiest part of the day.

Not till 3pm, but i guess it depends, there could be less people because its a shorter day at DCA or it could be busier because hoppers are starting the day in DCA and hopping the Disneyland later.

Not till 3pm, but i guess it depends, there could be less people because its a shorter day at DCA or it could be busier because hoppers are starting the day in DCA and hopping the Disneyland later.
My experience has been DCA is meaningfully less crowded than Disneyland before 3 on the OBB days I’ve visited and hopped around. A significantly larger gap than on other days.

how does it affects crowds?
Crowds vary based on the specific day, but after 3pm no matter the day it gets very busy between the mix in of the party guests and the regular park guests. I would avoid DCA altogether after 3pm, but I think you are fine prior to that.

So to answer your question the OBB affects crowds the most around that 3pm mix in time. People will start lining up early for that 3pm mix in so be aware of that as well. This shouldn't be a problem as they have specific entry gates for the OBB.

We are MK holders and are often surprised how early people start congregating in between the parks for that 3pm opening. If you are park hopping, don't be surprised by the crowds waiting outside. We navigate our way past them and often walk right into the park.

It isn't as bad, but it also happens around 11 am. People are lined up near entrance/turnstiles to park hop. If we have a reservation for a particular park, we have to make sure we don't get caught up waiting in a line that isn't moving.

How is the Disneyland crowd?
We have one day/one park tickets and will be at Disneyland on two OBB days [Tuesday and Thursday early September], will DL be unbearably crowded in the evening hours due to OBB? People hopping over if they don't have OBB tix? Wondering if we need to change the reservations...sacrifice a DCA day to opening to 6pm to have a "normal" day at Disneyland.

We have one day/one park tickets and will be at Disneyland on two OBB days [Tuesday and Thursday early September], will DL be unbearably crowded in the evening hours due to OBB? People hopping over if they don't have OBB tix? Wondering if we need to change the reservations...sacrifice a DCA day to opening to 6pm to have a "normal" day at Disneyland.
I am wondering the same thing. We have 2 OBB days during our trip, one of which we have tickets for. Wondering what the best strategy is. We have park Hopper passes too.

I do not recall ever thinking Disneyland was unbearably crowded during OBB. That’s not to say it’s not more crowded than a normal evening, maybe it was, but I’d have made a mental note if it reached unbearable status.

That might also depend on the day of the week

I am wondering the same thing. We have 2 OBB days during our trip, one of which we have tickets for. Wondering what the best strategy is. We have park Hopper passes too.
If looking for that Halloween feel, you may consider Knotts Scary Farm on an OBB day. (just 1 day is plenty)

I would assume it could be a little extra crowded around 6pm when people are leaving DCA, but probably not an unbearable difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter