Is cypress pointe and grand villas resort bad or not?

purpletiger

Mouseketeer
I have read many many reviews over the past year about the Cypress pointe and grand villas resort. Some are really good and some are really bad. I have read mostly on the DIS that they are a pretty decent resort. We originally got this resort through a great deal at Sam's Wholesale 5/4 for only $250 which I think is wonderful. You can't even book at the local Motel 6 for that price. So what do you guys really think about the resort? We have to stay there because it is already booked and we leave in less than a month. TIA. :)

Cypress Pointe Phase I and II (Grandevillas) are both awesome! Phase II is newer but Phase I had a refurb. about 2-3 years ago. Beautiful units, nicely appointed and great amenitites. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Both resorts share one of the best locations in all of Orlando just minutes from Downtown Disney. The whole area is very pedestrian friendly and well supplied with all services within easy walking (a real rarity in Orlando).

The resorts also share all common areas - check in, Clubhouse, pools, etc. So the only real difference is the units themselves. While Grande Villas are physically newer buildings the interiors, except for some of the 1 bedrooms, haven't been renovated since the 90's thus they are showing their rather considerable age. Many of the 1 bedrooms have recently been renovated but which you'll get is a crap shoot. The buildings are taller in GV and have elevators.

Over at Cypress Pointe Resort the buildings are all three stories and no elevators. The units were partially renovated in 2001 and got a full renovation in 2004/5. Every unit is as close to the same as can be accomplished and all are outfitted with today's expected features such as WiFI, HDTV's, TV in every room, new appliances, etc. That is a Silver Crown rated resort while GV is unranked.

Both are nice and you should be happy at either but for the very best experience we always choose CPR rather than GV.

Enjoy!

I book this property alot for clients and the majority love the place. It is a nice property in a great location, not 5 star and not a Marriott or Hilton but very family friendly.
I have many repeat clients who book it 2-3 times a year, the consolidator we work with gives us great rates. You should be happy with the place, especially considering the price you paid! :goodvibes

I just checked out of Cypress Pointe resort on June 19th. I had two 3 bedroom units for my party of 14 and it was a great resort to stay at. For starters, they accommodated my request to be close to my other 3 bedroom unit and we were right next door. I was concerned about being on the 3rd floor with no elevators but in all honesty - except for the initial unloading and loading it was fine. In fact, I would bet quicker than if we had to wait for an elevator and walk down a long hallway, etc.
The units were in great shape and our one maint request was met with a tech there within 20 mins. All of the staff were pleasant and helpful. The pool was nice for the kids and very centrally located. It was a quiet, well located property that all 3 families together in my party agreed we would be happy to return to.

This was my 1st off site experience and except for getting to and from the MK park, (this would be with ANY off site property) it was very pleasant.

I've stayed at both, Cypress 2000 and GV 2004. I actually liked GV better, but like the pool better at Cypress. They are both very nice resorts and within minutes to Downtown Disney, which is a plus for me. I don't think you would go wrong with either location.

If I am looking at the calendar correctly, we your trip and ours will overlap by one day. We will check out of Cypress Pointe Grande Villas on July 19. We stayed at Cypress Pointe in 2004 and it was wonderful. Our DD asked that we specifically look for it when looking for a few nights' accommodation for this year's trip.

I have read the same things as you have, and I was a bit concerned. But my guess is that it will be as nice as we remember.

I hope that you have a great time. :)

We stayed at CPGV a couple of years ago and really liked it. The 2BR unit is very spacious. As a previous poster said, they accomodated my requests very nicely (we had 3 of the 2BR units). I asked for bottom floor, pool facing, and got it. I think you'll be pleased. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter