• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is CRT Worth Missing a Morning of Rides?

JavaQueen8

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW in June and have an adr for CRT for breakfast at 9:20 and was wondering if it is worth missing a morning of rides? Any advice??:cool1:

Not if it's your only day/morning at MK.

If you really want to do it, I would try to reschedule for later (we like 10:30-ish) or pre-park opening (which I have never done).

We had the ideal situation a few weeks ago - a 10:20 or so ADR at CRT but that was a 7 AM EMH day, so we were able to tour for 3 full hours before breakfast.

1) I don't think CRT is worth CRT.
2) Let alone missing rides for.
3) But, that is just personal opinion.
4) I mean, $45 for eggs bacon and yogurt?

We had a 9:15 reservation, were finished eating and in Fantasyland by 10:40. It was a nice fun breakfast and I feel that we didn't miss anything. Definitely worth it.

It really depends on your family. For my DD(6), since the time she was 2, the Princesses have been the most important thing at Disney for her. She would rather meet the Princesses than go on any ride. (The rides are second to the other characters too). The Princesses have been the highlight of each of her WDW trips. CRT is an absolute must do on our trips. If you have another day at MK and a Princess lover, I would say don't miss CRT. Even if you don't have another day at MK, if you are going to have to visit princesses while you are there anyway, CRT is a good way to knock out 5 while you are eating a meal-and at some point you would have to stop to eat anyway.

We usually spend 2 full days at MK. We can eat up almost an entire day with just Princess things and meet and greets. We do CRT and sometimes BBB and we also have to find Rapunzel, Tiana, Jasmine (and sometimes Aladdin is there too), and now that Eric is meeting with Ariel, even though we saw her at CRT, we have to get in line for that meet and greet too. Then, there are the fairies, which aren't technically Princessess, but they are close enough that we have to see them too. Rapunzel, Tiana and Ariel's lines are never short. Even if you try to be near the front of the line, that usually requires getting there at least 20 minutes before the meet and greet starts. :scared1::scared1::scared1: Characters can be a real time suck, especially if you have a character crazy kid like mine!

I wouldnt and with the minimal price difference I would do lunch as I hear the b-fast is definatly not worth that kind of money and not that good. We did lunch and loved it. Plus got morning rides in before crowds hit.

As others have said, it depends on how much time you have and how important it is to your family to eat in the castle.

CRT is much more about being in the castle environment than it is about good food so don't think you're going to get a great meal. It (the food) will be edible, but not memorable.

Since the park will open at 9:00 (or earlier if EMH morning) you will be using valuable attraction (Disney doesn't call them "rides") time. This may not matter to you if you have other days earmarked for the MK. However if this is going to be your only MK day then you are probably better off skipping CRT.

Thanks fror the advice! I think I will ask my daughter andneice what they think. We will have two other days at Mk. THANKS AGAIN!

While I would try for a pre-park opening time if it's a non-morning EMH day OR late breakfast slot -i.e. 10:30a...I don't know if I'd spend the prime touring hours of the morning in there.

That being said...if you have a child who adores princesses and this is the end all be all experience for them...it would be worth it. While I was lucky with our first CRT visit to get the exact time I wanted, I was prepared to take just about anything to ensure my girls got the princess meal in the castle. i.e. the CRT experience for them trumped any ride. We were also doing 3 days in MK so we had plenty of time to see a chunk of the park without feeling like the ADR was killing our touring time.

Rusty Scupper's point is well-taken. Unless there is some overwheming life-long wish to dine in the castle(or this is the ONE time you'll be at WDW)make other plans:earsboy:

Since you have two other days at MK, absolutely, it is worth it! Dining at CRT is not about the food (although we loved the breakfast), it's about seeing your daughter face-to-face with the princesses in a magical setting. We did BBB when DD was 5 and then ate at CRT and I will NEVER forget it. Brought my dad to tears, seeing his granddaughter meet Cinderella. Anyone who thinks it's just an overpriced meal could not have experienced it with a little girl whose dream is to meet a princess (or be a princess when she grows up).

Since you have two other MK days I think it's worth it. The food is fine, but not spectacular, but it is cool to eat in the castle. Just know you're paying for the experience and not the food.

Akershus at Norway is waaaaayyyyy better.

But, eating in the Castle is an experience.

We've done CRT twice and both times have been horribly rude and too fast. This has been for breakfast. If I was to ever go back, it would be for a different meal. Or do they rush you at lunch and dinner too?

I also think that you should try for an 8 am slot or move it to late morning or lunch.

We have done both CRT and Akershus and I would have to say for breakfast Akershus is a better option. We loved lunch at CRT and it is an absolute can't miss for any little princess. Mine would gladly miss rides to see the princesses. Good Luck!!

If you have young girls, I think this is a wonderful experience. We had breakfast at 10:30 when my DD was 6. Just to see her eyes light up meeting Cinderella was worth it. The wishing ceremony is cute too. We even ordered the "glass slipper" for dessert at breakfast!! My DS who was also 6 at the time, enjoyed it too, but not as much as my DD.

Since you have two other MK days I think it's worth it. The food is fine, but not spectacular, but it is cool to eat in the castle. Just know you're paying for the experience and not the food.

and the price of admission, so to speak, includes the photo they will take when you arrive and your tip is already included :thumbsup2

I would not do bfast if I only had one MK day but if you have 3, I think you'll enjoy it and I'm betting your DD will love it :lovestruc

TIP: Have someone from your party run over to Peter Pan's which is very close to the castle to get FP's before bfast (check return times). You may find the return window to work out perfectly for after your bfast. If PP doesn't work, you can try Winnie the Pooh (which is also close) :goodvibes

I think it better if you eat lunch or dinner there rather than breakfast - mornings should be used for big rides that will have long lines later in the day. Lunch or dinner gives you a break when it's hot out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter