Is CRT all you can eat

I find all of this very interesting. From what I have read online, I was always under the impression that CRT was all you care to eat. Perhaps the waiters are reluctant and give attitude because the gratuity is already included in the price, which could mean a)they're not working as hard because the gratuity is a sure thing or b)they're not working as hard because they know the chances of getting extra gratuity are very slim, and they don't approve of the amount they're currently earning. :confused3

Directly from the description of CRT on Disney's site:

"Feast Fit for Royalty
Delight in an all-you-care-to-enjoy banquet as Disney Princesses visit for photos and autographs."

I find all of this very interesting. From what I have read online, I was always under the impression that CRT was all you care to eat. Perhaps the waiters are reluctant and give attitude because the gratuity is already included in the price, which could mean a)they're not working as hard because the gratuity is a sure thing or b)they're not working as hard because they know the chances of getting extra gratuity are very slim, and they don't approve of the amount they're currently earning. :confused3

OR - management has instructed them to turn people over as quickly as possible.

They seat people in waves and the castle is emptied in between seatings - I have a very strong feeling this is why the waiters are so reluctant to get extra dishes. Like I have mentioned before, we were out of there so fast my head was spinning.

I know when cruising, I have been told that it is MUCH easier to put in all our extra orders up front rather than after finishing the first entree because that throws off the rythm of service and it's a lot more work to get that 2nd entree.

Thank you all for replying. I feel better about eating here now if we can ask for seconds and/or order 2 entrees to start. It doesn't matter to me what my waiter's attitude is like. We like to get our monies worth. Well, not that you could even get your monies worth in just food; but between the princesses and eating in the castle, and ordering seconds, I think we're good.

I hope our waiter is quick, cuz we have to be out by 8:55. But like I said, we are quick eaters.

Hopefully they do provide 2nds seeing as how it uses 2 dining plan table service.

is there a big difference between breakfast and dinner? The price almost seems to be double for dinner...is that a better option?

It is all you care to eat. Some servers won't offer you seconds but you are entitled to ask for them. While it isn't a buffet, you are eat as much as you'd like.

is there a big difference between breakfast and dinner? The price almost seems to be double for dinner...is that a better option?

There isn't a huge difference between the two meals.

Dinner isn't all you care to eat, it's a small menu where you can an appetizer, an entree and a dessert.

At Breakfast, you choose an entree and you receive a basket of bread for the table. It is all you care to eat so you can ask for seconds or thirds, the same entree or a different one.

Everything else is the same.

They seat people in waves and the castle is emptied in between seatings - I have a very strong feeling this is why the waiters are so reluctant to get extra dishes. Like I have mentioned before, we were out of there so fast my head was spinning.

I know when cruising, I have been told that it is MUCH easier to put in all our extra orders up front rather than after finishing the first entree because that throws off the rythm of service and it's a lot more work to get that 2nd entree.

Yes, very good point!! When cruising I sometimes order more than one app or entree to try, but I do it up front when I still have the menu in front of me. There have been times DH wanted another lobster tail and they gladly brought it to him. But I can see how they prefer you to order up front if you want to try more than one thing. Makes sense it would make things run more efficiently that way and have them prepare for the next seating (for traditional cruising...on NCL it is all Freestyle, dine any time the dining room is open).

Perhaps what you stated above, combined with a fixed gratuity, is the cause for the waiters' reluctance to give more when people ask for seconds. I do remember waiting longer for our CRT dinner in 2010 than any other restaurant ever at WDW, and it was a very fast dinner. And, they did seat a lot of tables at once.

There isn't a huge difference between the two meals.

Dinner isn't all you care to eat, it's a small menu where you can an appetizer, an entree and a dessert.

At Breakfast, you choose an entree and you receive a basket of bread for the table. It is all you care to eat so you can ask for seconds or thirds, the same entree or a different one.

Everything else is the same.

Actually the way I read their website all meals would be all-you-care-to-enjoy.

Feast Fit for Royalty

Delight in an all-you-care-to-enjoy banquet as Disney Princesses visit for photos and autographs.

Breakfast
Enjoy pre-plated, American breakfast favorites like stuffed French toast, steak and eggs, baked quiche, crepes and pastries as you sip on your choice of juice, milk, coffee or tea.

Lunch
For starters, Cinderella's Royal Chef creates a selection of baked specialties. Then, it's on to an unforgettable main course with choices ranging from slow-cooked short ribs to Her Majesty's catch of the day for the adults, and chicken nuggets or turkey pot pie for the kids. Polish off your meal with dessert, such as seasonal sorbet or flourless chocolate cake.

Dinner
Dine like royalty on your choice of appetizer, followed by savory entrées that may include oven-roasted chicken breast, beef tenderloin and gnocchi with roasted vegetables. The children's menu offers all-time favorites, such as chicken nuggets, cheese pizza and turkey pot pie. For a sweet finale, desserts include a sampler trio and other irresistible treats.

To the best of my knowledge, only breakfast is all you care to eat. :confused3 Maybe someone else can post about this?

Feast Fit for Royalty

Delight in an all-you-care-to-enjoy banquet as Disney Princesses visit for photos and autographs.

Breakfast
Enjoy pre-plated, American breakfast favorites like stuffed French toast, steak and eggs, baked quiche, crepes and pastries as you sip on your choice of juice, milk, coffee or tea.

Lunch
For starters, Cinderella's Royal Chef creates a selection of baked specialties. Then, it's on to an unforgettable main course with choices ranging from slow-cooked short ribs to Her Majesty's catch of the day for the adults, and chicken nuggets or turkey pot pie for the kids. Polish off your meal with dessert, such as seasonal sorbet or flourless chocolate cake.

Dinner
Dine like royalty on your choice of appetizer, followed by savory entrées that may include oven-roasted chicken breast, beef tenderloin and gnocchi with roasted vegetables. The children's menu offers all-time favorites, such as chicken nuggets, cheese pizza and turkey pot pie. For a sweet finale, desserts include a sampler trio and other irresistible treats.

It is advertised as all you care to eat, but as I recall, I was hoping someone would offer me some more of the sausage and it didn't happen.

They don't offer. They will bring more, but you are supposed to ask for it. They usually won't offer more, or bring it unbidden.

From what I understand, despite what else is posted here, it's only breakfast they will do this - not lunch or dinner. But I can't say for sure as I haven't been there since 2005.

I'm guessing that for this very reason, they are instructed not to offer more.

Feast Fit for Royalty

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

I couldn't resist checking. You're right - the way it is laid out seems to indicate that ALL three meals are all you care to enjoy.

I remember checking last year before our Aug trip and I'm almost certain it only said all you care to enjoy for breakfast.

We have been to CRT many times and ALWAYS ask for more food...usually something in particular...ie. an extra bowl of fruit...or more pastries, I asked for more bacon once...

I agree that sometimes it feels like an imposition on the part of the wait staff...

But you can also ask for "to go" cups for the drinks.

Have a great breakfast!

I really don't think the management cares they must tell the servers to act this way because it's so common. I have allergies so could only eat a few items of my meal and my kids don't eat pork. Every time we go I have to beg, make myself a nuisance, hunt for my server, etc to get more food. It makes me totally uncomfortable because they are never nice about it but when paying so much I refuse to leave totally hungry. I think they give them a ton of tables because they don't check back with you to refill drinks or check on your food. You order they bring drinks and then food and that's it they just come back with the check and with the waves of service it's not like you can just grab them when they are taking someone elses order.

DCDisney said:
I really don't think the management cares they must tell the servers to act this way because it's so common. I have allergies so could only eat a few items of my meal and my kids don't eat pork. Every time we go I have to beg, make myself a nuisance, hunt for my server, etc to get more food. It makes me totally uncomfortable because they are never nice about it but when paying so much I refuse to leave totally hungry. I think they give them a ton of tables because they don't check back with you to refill drinks or check on your food. You order they bring drinks and then food and that's it they just come back with the check and with the waves of service it's not like you can just grab them when they are taking someone elses order.

with the widespread reports, it can't be just a crabby server thing. Something is happening from mgmt. Which sucks. Eating in the Castle is WDW's iconic experience. It should never be less than a fairytale magical experience. Don't get me wrong. It's still a good experience and we ddn't regret doing it. It just could have been better.

I plan on ordering 2 breakfast platters from the start. I want steak and eggs and I want to try the stuffed french toast. Since I'm using double table credits for one breakfast I don't see why I shouldn't get what I want.

Really... I would think it would be easier for them if I just did it from the start instead of after my first food came out. Less work for them!

Pre paid tip is always bad for customer, Service tends to be less then Non per paid tip.

We got extra serving of the sides just by asking at dinner time. And yes we lucked in and got great server, she also got extra tip.

Thanks for asking about this. I will feel better about the cost if I can tell my husband he can order two entrees. :thumbsup2 I was also thinking about maybe getting the salad and a meat dish for lunch.

What a great thread! I booked my ADR for Dec. for breakfast and I was thinking $60 per person was high for one entree, pastries and a beverage. So glad to know that we can order more food. That will make my dh happy.

What a great thread! I booked my ADR for Dec. for breakfast and I was thinking $60 per person was high for one entree, pastries and a beverage. So glad to know that we can order more food. That will make my dh happy.

This thread is almost two years old, it may not be true anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter