Is Countrywide (Bank of America) still buying mortgages?

BrettS

DIS Veteran
Before I moved my mortgage was with Countrywide and I was quite happy with them (I know not everyone feels that way, but I was happy, at least). When I moved last year I got a quote from Countrywide, but my home builder was offering a lot of incentives to use their own mortgage broker, so I saved quite a bit of money by using their broker. I was rather happy to find that Countrywide bought my loan from my builder's broker one month after we closed, so I've been with Countrywide for this past year as well.

Given the current rates I'm looking at refinancing and I'm in a similar situation... I got a quote from Countrywide and a lower quote from a broker that will sell the mortgage after it closes. I know Countrywide used to be one of a few companies that would buy mortgages like that, but I don't know if they still are after the whole BOA merger thing. Does anyone know if I may wind up as a Countrywide customer again even if I go with the cheaper broker? If Countrywide doesn't buy it, who else is buying mortgages like that?

Thanks,
Brett

Not sure if they're still buying, but when we bought last summer I was between Countrywide and a broker - went with the broker when they dropped a point and now BB&T has our mortgage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter