• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Coral Reef that bad?

We have eaten at Coral Reef for lunch twice and enjoyed it both times, food, atmosphere and service. You see positive and negative reviews for every restaurant in WDW, you just have to try it and form your own opinion. There are several restaurants that get good reviews all the time on these boards and we tried them and did not enjoy them at all. Food is very subjective, what one person thinks is wonderful, does not appeal to another person at all. I say give it a try! Kids love it. We are going to CR for lunch later this month.

Our BEST meal last year! And we ate at a lot of nice places. I'm sure you will get neg. & pos. comments posted. But my family loved it! Food was GREAT! And DH is picky about steaks. My DS will be 5 on our upcoming trip in June & he picked his dinner at Coral Reef. We can't wait!:cool1:

I stopped eating at Coral Sea many years ago.

Coral Sea is always beautiful, peaceful, immaculate, and the service is good to excellent. But the menu started to read like gibberish: "Roasted urrabok in a light gerrikibble sauce, served with a side of lalaman chips topped with umbanaka dressing. Choice of either gembalemba salad or fries." Sorry, I don't understand any of that, and I won't pay $40 for a children's plate of Mac and Cheese just so I can eat there!

Of course, it may have changed since those days, so I plan on checking the menu while planning my next trip and possibly giving it another try.

Other than the unsupervised children crawling over our table to see the 'fishies";)

it was the BEST meal we enjoyed on the DP last trip:thumbsup2

(overall) atmosphere, best waitstaff we've encountered, and tasty grub!

It's taken the place of LeCellier for my family of carnivores.

I stopped eating at Coral Sea many years ago.

Coral Sea is always beautiful, peaceful, immaculate, and the service is good to excellent. But the menu started to read like gibberish: "Roasted urrabok in a light gerrikibble sauce, served with a side of lalaman chips topped with umbanaka dressing. Choice of either gembalemba salad or fries." Sorry, I don't understand any of that, and I won't pay $40 for a children's plate of Mac and Cheese just so I can eat there!

Of course, it may have changed since those days, so I plan on checking the menu while planning my next trip and possibly giving it another try.

I'm not sure you're talking about the same place.:confused3 Coral Reef's menu is very legible. I have one from last year. It may have been that way yrs. ago though. It's a great value on the DDP. Our bill was $186.00 for 4.

You can check out the menu at allears.net.

OUr experience started off poorly when we had to wait almost an hour for our ADR (the only time the whole trip we had to wait more than 10-15 minutes). Once finally seated the place was sooo loud I could barely talk to the person across the table. The food was ok and seeing the fish and diver in the tanks was fun. It is not on our list of must retun places that is for sure..but I am glad that we tried it out.

We enjoyed our meal last week. We had a party of 8 and was seated at the wrong table initially, but were moved and given two different servers. Mine was wonderful, my DH table had terrible service. Those of us who stuck with seafood were pleased with our choices, the beef was not so good. DH said that his Prime rib tasted as though it had been hanging around too long, and my DDIL steak was way over cooked. My DS pointed it out to our server and he whisked it away and replaced it with one that was perfectly done.

They sent a diver down with a birthday message for my DH and it was the highlight of our trip.

I would suggest that you decide for yourself. Anywhere you go can be an off night as was proven by the two levels of service my family experienced.

We loved it. Were there in Dec. and we will go back. I had the tuna (that was a long shot for me, decided to try something new, YUMMY), and the other adults had prime rib maybe? We all like it alot.

We ate there in May...I thought it was very good....

At the time....disney said it was a 2t.s restaurant....
glad it turned out to be only 1...

Worth a trip...
request a table by the glass..
Kerri

We finally caved in and gave it a try last July. It was absolutely wonderful. The service was fantastic, the atmosphere lovely. The food was really very good. It was presented lovely. The starter salads were very good as well. We will most definitely be back again!

Another vote for the Coral Reef. We had one of our best dinners there. It was kid friendly but also have the ambiance of an upscale restaurant. It was a totally different experience than the other places we ate. I actually felt like a grown up there! Enjoy!

I have an adr for Coral Reef in April, but I keep reading lots of bad reviews about it. Do you think that I should change it? I have never been and thought it would be cool for my kids to see the aquarium during their lunch. Is it really that bad?:confused3

uh huh. I thought it was. The aquarium would be cool if you are anywhere near it, and since tables are right against it, you are not welcome to walk up close to it and look if you are far away. I thoought the place smelled funky too. Musty or something.

We were there in December, kids loved it, service was awesome and the food was excellent!

We just ate there January 22 the food was excellent, especially the warm triple chocolate dessert...to die for!!!!

We had, Mahi Mahi, Seared Tuna (out of this world), NY strip - best steak of the entire trip.

Shrimp cocktail is an Asian type, not your traditional red sauce, it was great but know that it is not the typical shrimp cocktail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter