Is Chef Mickey's really that bad?

I loved Goofy's Kitchen! It is everything Chef Mickey's is not. GK has such variety in food items and good quality food too. The characters spent so much time at our table and really played their roles.

I loved Goofy's Kitchen! It is everything Chef Mickey's is not. GK has such variety in food items and good quality food too. The characters spent so much time at our table and really played their roles.
Thanks DCDisney. That's too bad. Thank you for your reply. We were fortunate to get the free dining and Chef Mickey's was the one table service restaurant that we were planning on paying for out of pocket. I might be reconsidering this.

Thanks DCDisney. That's too bad. Thank you for your reply. We were fortunate to get the free dining and Chef Mickey's was the one table service restaurant that we were planning on paying for out of pocket. I might be reconsidering this.

Even if you decide to chance it, make sure you look closely at what you're paying OOP for. Chef Mickey's is usually not the best option to pay for, of course depending on where else you'll be eating. There are usually options that come out to be a better deal OOP than Chef Mickey.

We love Chef Mickeys. Everybody in our party really enjoyed the food. The characters are terrific. Would have lunch or dinner there again, especially with kids.

While planning our upcoming trip my DS asked if we could see characters somewhere other than Chef Mickey's because he remembered that he didn't like the food there. We are not going. I understand that food is a personal preference, but our family is not a fan of the food. We do love the characters.

I say do it! We had dinner there in March... It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either. Your typical buffet food... Nothing special. The character interaction was really good, my kids loved it. It was loud and chaotic but our waitress was awesome. I would do it again without hesitation.

Does anyone know how the dinner compares to Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland Hotel? The food and character interaction are usually pretty good there. If Chef Mickey's isn't very good, than maybe I won't have to stay up until 3am to get my ADR?!

If you enjoy Goofy's Kitchen, I would think Chef Mickeys will be fine. I think they are pretty comparable personally. We ate at Goofy's in March (our third time there) and, honestly, we were totally unimpressed with the food and we all immediately agreed it had become, basically, the same as Chef Mickeys, quality-wise. The character interaction was better at Goofy's (as it is all over DLR).

I would still stick with breakfast at CM.

I was in the camp that said it wasn't that bad. I've had some decent meals there in the past about 5 years ago. It was never gourmet food but it was ok...edible and tasted fine. However, I just went to CM last week for dinner. I have to say, it was terrible this time around. The food was cold and bland. I kept going back to the buffet hoping to find something hot but never really did. I did find some things that were a little warmer. The character interaction was just ok...not great I definitely won't be back for a while. If you have your heart set on eating here, I would do breakfast. It is harder to mess up breakfast than dinner.

If you want to see most of the same characters at a much better character meal, I would try Tusker House. The food there was good as was the character interaction.

We just ate there last week! I went into this having never had dinner there. After reading the reviews on the boards. I was fully expecting the worst! I was totally surprised! The floors and buffet were CLEAN! There was always plenty of food at the buffet. The food was good with lots of variety and at a fine temperature. Our kids loved the character interaction. We had a 5:30 ressie. Maybe the earlier time helped with everything. I don't know? But from the experience we had. This will be on our MUST list for the future. I actually thought the food was better here than 1900 PF. This was our first time back at WDW in 10 years. Just my opinion, but the last place I will look for recommendations for restaurants is the boards. To many opinions and the bad ones are always the ones that you think about when making your ADR's.

I have never had dinner but we had breakfast there last week. It was clean and the food was hot and plentiful. It is DDs number one choice simply for the Minnie breakfast pizza. Well, they don't serve it anymore. She was beyond disappointed. Well, the server asked how our day was going and I nonchantly commented, disappointing since there's no Minnie's pizza. I did not ask but as she was talking to Donald, the server whispered to me that she was having one made for her. Character interactions were fantastic and did not feel rushed. DD was then presented with a Mickey cupcake as were several other children. Total pixie dust that first morning in Disney. And totally saved my day as, even at 13, she would have been grumpy. She had been dreaming of that pizza for four months. The pixie dust aside, the server was friendly and very attentive. My oj glass was never empty, dishes cleared promptly, check delivered with the 'No hurry' and we didn't feel rushed. Yes - the server got a huge tip that morning.

In response to the OP, kinda, but we still do it. ;) For one thing, it's the only(?) place to see Minnie at a character meal on the DDP (actually I'd love for someone to correct me if I'm wrong!!) and my oldest DD once tripped and fell while we were at Chef Mickey's and Minnie helped her up and kissed her head. She LOOOOVED that and has NOT stopped talking about it (I think it was like 4 years ago??), and the characters have been great with us! The food hasn't been great (especially the adorable Mickey Mac & Cheese... how do you get Mac & Cheese wrong, especially when it's in Mickey shapes?) but we've always found something to eat that fills us up so we've never left hungry. So while it's not my FAVORITE place to go, it is one of my kids' top places and because of that and the fact that they won't stay little for much longer, we'll keep going for now. :)

In response to the OP, kinda, but we still do it. ;) For one thing, it's the only(?) place to see Minnie at a character meal on the DDP (actually I'd love for someone to correct me if I'm wrong!!) and my oldest DD once tripped and fell while we were at Chef Mickey's and Minnie helped her up and kissed her head. She LOOOOVED that and has NOT stopped talking about it (I think it was like 4 years ago??), and the characters have been great with us! The food hasn't been great (especially the adorable Mickey Mac & Cheese... how do you get Mac & Cheese wrong, especially when it's in Mickey shapes?) but we've always found something to eat that fills us up so we've never left hungry. So while it's not my FAVORITE place to go, it is one of my kids' top places and because of that and the fact that they won't stay little for much longer, we'll keep going for now. :)

On DDP, Minnie appears at Cape May breakfast and Mickeys Backyard BBQ.

We did it once for the kids, the food reminded me of the bad TV dinners of years ago, Tusker House is so much better, in every way! But hey, to each his own, try it, it's one meal, not a lifetime commitment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter