Is Chef Mickey's really loud?

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
Although my 6 year old is one of the loudest things going- he doesn't like restaurants that are loud.... we have had to leave more than one restaurant because of the noise level. The character breakfast is expensive and I'm not paying for it if he is going to hate it. A little noise is okay but if there is a lot of screaming and really loud music, forget it. I already know Whispering Canyon is out for us!

Their is a fair amount of "noise" at Chef M's. First off it is full of other "6 year olds", second they do make a lot of noise (towel waiving and cheering) each time Mickey makes his appearnce into a room. Will you loose hearing- no. Could it overwhelm a youngster that you admitted to not liking restaurants that are loud, maybe. It is a fun experience and the loudest times only last a few minutes.

Thanks Miko- I think as long as the music isn't continually blaring he'll be okay. I appreciate your input!

Personally I think Chef Mickey's "noise level" is MUCH higher than Whispering Canyon Cafe. There are TONS of screaming kids going all of the time, yelling to their favorite character. Every half an hour they do the "Celebrate" song, with napkin waving and dancing. Whipering Canyon Cafe is loud, but only with the bouncing of the food trays, and some hooting and hollering. There isn't that backround buzz you get from tons of kids. Now, I love Chef Mickey's and go everytime we're in WDW. If your child doesn't like noisy restaurants, especially screaming, I'd avoid all the character meals.

LOUD is an understatement for CM's. :(

This is probably the LOUDEST restaurant at WDW. It's also frenzied--lots of kids running all over, napkin twriling.

It's obnoxious IMHO.

If you'd like a much quieter breakfast with pretty much the same characters, I suggest the Cape May Cafe. It's by far the quietest CB I've ever had at WDW :)

Anne

Chef Mickey's can get kinda loud,especially considering that there is singing and waving of nakins and lots of excited kids when the chef himself makes an appearence. I guess some crowds are noiser then others.

If you want to do a character breakfast without the noise, you might consider trying the Crystal Palace in the MK. They feature pooh and friends, have wonderful food(for a buffet) and are right in the MK, so you can start your day as soon as you are done breakfast. Just be sure not to head straight to Splash Mountian after a big,buffet breakfast!

Have fun!

Gina

Personally I think Chef Mickey's "noise level" is MUCH higher than Whispering Canyon Cafe.

I agree, although the noise didn't bother us at either one.

Just a thought but...

When we ate at Chef Mickey's we were seated in the area towards the back of the restaurant. It's closed off somewhat from the main area where the buffet actually is. At first we were disappointed when we were being taken back there, but once we saw it, we thought we had the best seat in the place!

It's much quieter there and the really great thing is that the windows look directly towards the MK. We had a wondeful view of Cinderella's castle. We still got lots of character interaction, in fact probably better than those sitting out front because it wasn't nearly as crowded and much calmer and quieter.

We really liked Chef Mickey's and we don't even have children! So, you if you decide to give it a try, you might want to ask to be seated in the back area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter