• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Chef Mickey's Lunch a character meal?

Is this new? I checked the Disney World site and it doesn't have hours except for Breakfast and Dinner. Maybe the lunch is not happening in December when I go?

Chef Mickeys lunch is just like dinner (same type of food, same characteres) except that while dinner happens all the time, lunch is only added when there is high demand, such as during free dining.

Online it clearly says upon booking a lunch ressie there that there are NO characters at lunch. I called to check b/c I know that last year they DID have characters and the CM on the phone said "no, only characters w/ bfast and dinner"...but I'm still not sure! I think I'll be calling chef mickey's directly to see what the real deal is.

Online it clearly says upon booking a lunch ressie there that there are NO characters at lunch. I called to check b/c I know that last year they DID have characters and the CM on the phone said "no, only characters w/ bfast and dinner"...but I'm still not sure! I think I'll be calling chef mickey's directly to see what the real deal is.
It's a glitch with their online system, because that was mentioned on another thread and someone else confirmed they are still having the characters for lunch again.

It's a glitch with their online system, because that was mentioned on another thread and someone else confirmed they are still having the characters for lunch again.

awesome!
I booked it anyways in hopes that it was true. I still will prob confirm after this lunch begins that someone physically had characters there :-) it'll make me feel better b4 i show up w/ my kiddos!

I made my lunch ressies over the phone and specifically asked about characters - I was told they will definitely be there :goodvibes

I wish they would have a lunch when we are there.... I just don't want to waste a dinner on a character meal, I like other places for dinner. Going to breakfast instead....... But I'd rather get to the parks earlier instead of doing a breakfast....

This came up available for our Sept. trip, but I could not find menus for lunch on allears.net. Anyone been lately to tell what lunch is like?

I have checked on the Chef Mickey lunch also, but you may want to check on the menu. I was told the characters would be there, but the menu is NOT the same as dinner. There are no carved meats, for example. The CM I spoke with said it is similar to the lunch you get at Crystal Palace...more cold options than you'd see at dinner.

We did CM lunch several years ago during FD, so I'm sure it might have changed. Yes, there were characters, and no carved meats but lots of other options and some of the same items you'd see at dinner.

Thanks so much for posting this!! I was able to get a lunch reservation but it said no characters. I am so glad I kept it!!

I have checked on the Chef Mickey lunch also, but you may want to check on the menu. I was told the characters would be there, but the menu is NOT the same as dinner. There are no carved meats, for example. The CM I spoke with said it is similar to the lunch you get at Crystal Palace...more cold options than you'd see at dinner.

The CM I spoke to said it was mainly barbeque? :confused3...BTW, what time does dinner start?

I noticed that they opened up their lunch during the free dining, but it doesn't say anywhere on their site if it's a character meal or not? Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

Yes, all the characters are there. We ate lunch there last August. I wish they offered it while we'll be there this time, but they aren't.

Others have reported there is a problem with the WDW website and that's why it doesn't list the characters there for lunch. However the past few years during free dining when I was looking down into Chef Mickey's during lunch the characters were there and they are having them again this year. Plus how can call it Chef Mickey's and not have the characters during the lunch service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter