• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is booking a room through Orbitz ok?

Nermel9

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,

So I have a room booked for mid-December at a resort I'm not really thrilled at the thought of staying at. One of my top choices is available through Orbitz, and it's cheaper! So if I book a room at a Disney resort, is that ok? Has anyone ever done that? Anything I need to know before booking?

Thanks in advance!

Just make sure you enter your promo code for the discount. I had to cancel a reservation and it was easy. I made another booking and everything was fine. I would use them again.

I've never used Orbitz myself, but I've never heard anything bad about it. I would just make sure there would be no penalties for canceling your existing reservation before you book through Orbitz.

I haven't done it, but I have several friends who used Orbitz. Their advice is to have all your details set before booking...apparently, all changes have to be made thru Orbitz, and it can be a pain. They also said something about booking the adults only, and then adding kids once you arrive, because Orbitz doesn't always price kids correctly, or something like that. I have no details. Overall, they said it's worth the discount, though.

I've used orbitz to book my last two trips. No problems at all and I saved some money! If you are traveling with children don't list them on the reservation- they will charge you a fee for more than two people in the room. After you get your confirmation number call orbitz to add any children and there will not be an extra charge. Once you get the confirmation number you can add it to your MDE account and book magical express.

I've used orbitz to book my last two trips. No problems at all and I saved some money! If you are traveling with children don't list them on the reservation- they will charge you a fee for more than two people in the room. After you get your confirmation number call orbitz to add any children and there will not be an extra charge. Once you get the confirmation number you can add it to your MDE account and book magical express.

That's what it was! I just remember my friends telling me not to add kids during the initial booking.

Hey everyone,

So I have a room booked for mid-December at a resort I'm not really thrilled at the thought of staying at. One of my top choices is available through Orbitz, and it's cheaper! So if I book a room at a Disney resort, is that ok? Has anyone ever done that? Anything I need to know before booking?

Thanks in advance!
We used Orbitz for our April stay at the BC and it was fine. We even got a free upgrade from garden view to lagoon view. So the resort didn't penalize me for using Orbitz, one of the things I was worried about. The only disadvantages are that you have to pay in full at time of booking and you have to go through them to make any special room requests.

I've used Orbitz several times with great success, and booked with them again today. Make sure you put your Orbitz promo code in for an additional discount on top of Disney's. (I actually booked two reservations at the same resort back-to-back so I could avoid the $150 discount cap -- I'm just going to request that we be allowed to stay in the same room when I check in. It's a little bit of a gamble, in that I might have to change rooms, but the savings was worth it for me.)

One thing you'll need to do is go into your reservation and double check the address that the Magic Bands will be sent to. It usually defaults to Orbitz's physical address, so you'll need to change it to yours.

You do have to pay in full, but the cancelation terms are the same as Disney.

Also, you wouldn't be able to add the Dining Plan.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like Orbitz is a good idea for this trip then! It's only a 3 day trip and I have a package booked with Disney so I'm still way ahead of the 45 day mark to cancel with them.

I didn't know you still got Magic Bands with Orbitz, I thought for some reason you'd have to buy them!

I didn't see this mentioned above, but you can save a little extra booking Orbitz but going through Ebates first. I think it's about 3% cash back, pre-tax amount. Good luck!

Reactions: Gru
  • I didn't see this mentioned above, but you can save a little extra booking Orbitz but going through Ebates first. I think it's about 3% cash back, pre-tax amount. Good luck!

• Also ShopDiscover currently has 5% cashback through Orbitz, which could be 10% if you open a new card (I think tomorrow is the last day) or called back when they were offering the promotion to current customers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter