Is Beauty & the Beast in HS worth it for two adults?

Megara5115

DIS Veteran
I am on the fence about spending the time to go to Beauty and the Beast in Hollywood Studios with just me and my fiance. It would be the last thing we would do their and then be heading to DTD for the night and I am debating skipping it (we don't have a FP for it). Any thoughts? Is it too good to pass on or not really worth it?

I guess it depends how much you like Beauty & the Beast and musicals. We saw it our first trip, DH, DS6, & myself. We haven't seen it since. DS is 9 now, but DH and I don't really like musicals much. It's good to go once, if you have the time. I don't know about needing an FP+. I would think you wouldn't.

I love Beauty and the Beast... not really as much musicals and my fiance could take or leave either. I guess I am inclined to skip it but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything "unmissable"?

I love Beauty and the Beast... not really as much musicals and my fiance could take or leave either. I guess I am inclined to skip it but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything "unmissable"?

Since you love Beauty & the Beast, I would say this is probably unmissable for you. It's like Pooh. My family loves Winnie the Pooh, so we ride it every trip, sometimes more than once. Other families could care less about Pooh, so they skip it. We skip Peter Pan sometimes, because we aren't huge fans.

If you love Beauty and the Beast, I would make an effort to see it-- it's a very well done show.

Kinda like how Indy was going away. But who knows, one of these days one of these rumors will be right. You never know I guess.

I don't think it's worth a tier 1 FP+ to get in (unless you have more than 1 HS day), but I really like the show. we're two adults and we've seen it every trip. that said, I love musicals. but I think even if you aren't too keen on them, if Beauty and the Beast is a favourite of yours it's definitely worth your time.

Kinda like how Indy was going away. But who knows, one of these days one of these rumors will be right. You never know I guess.

There have been rumors for years that Beauty and the Beast was going away, but nothing has ever come of it. For a while the rumor was that it was going to be replaced with a Tangled show, but still nothing.

My guess is that at this point it's unlikely to close before Disney gets some new stuff open in the park, or unless they have a new show already ready to drop in that theater. DHS is suffering from a lack of attractions right now as it is.

DH and I try to see it every trip. It's well done and I get misty eyed at the end every time. If you love the movie you should see this show.

I believe the original rumor had started in early 2013 with the announcement of the Fantasyland expansion that included Beast's Castle, Maurice's Workshop and so on... reasoning there being the enormous presence of BatB in MK, there would no longer be a need for a stage show in DHS, and the rumor was that a "Tangled" show was being worked on to replace it, but I assume that never got traction because...

Recently, in August of 2014, some reports stated that Tangled would not be replacing BatB @ DHS, but the current stage show was still going to close and possibly be replaced with the Broadway version. Until...

April of this month, it has been reported that Tangled: The Musical (same one on the Cruise Lines that will open in November) will be plopped into DHS.
So, my best guess is that this is the last year to see Beauty and the Beast Stage Show. I assume they'll have some rehearsals after the holidays and Tangled, along with the new name of DHS, the extra track to TSMM opening, more Star Wars announcement stuff, etc., will all trickle out in a spaced-out time frame all in a fancy, planned out new-P.R.-Disney way to keep moderate interest in the "new" park for 2016.

I would suggest you see it. You do nto need a FP to see the show, there is plenty of seating.

If you love Beauty and the Beast, then it is a must see for you. As with everything Disney, you have to try everything once. We do Pooh and Peter Pan every trip. Can't miss either one. Shoot, we do It's a Small World every trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter