is Be Our Guest worth the wait for lunch?

qnfltcapt

Earning My Ears
Every time we go to MK and want to eat lunch there the wait is an hour long. And it seems the line forms well before the restaurant opens.
Is it that good, or just that new?

We waited in the line in December. It moved pretty quickly actually. I thought my meal was DELICIOUS! My family enjoyed their meals as well but I definitely loved mine. I had the braised pork. I would say it was worth the wait. Just looking at the menu I liked the lunch options better than the dinner options.

We enjoyed it quite a bit. We got in line around 11:30am and were completely done with lunch by 1:00pm. The wait was about 45 minutes and we enjoyed a great meal. We plan to do lunch there again in the fall rather than try for dinner reservations.

We ate lunch here twice in December. Since we realized how fast the line moved the first time - we knew the long would not be long. Second day - I remember the times because I looked. We were told 30 - 45 minutes but we knew it would be much shorter than that so we waited. It was 11:30 - we were done eating by 12:15.

I have read mixed reviews about dinner - lunch was great and definitely worth the wait for the food and the experience (it's huge inside - too big actually).

I would say it is worth the wait once! It is definitely a Disney experience and a very cool place. I agree with other posters that the line moves faster than you would expect.
The first time when I got to the room where you order they directed me to a kiosk where I was stuck standing behind a family of 5 for literally over 20 minutes while they tried to pacify 2 picky kids and a cranky teenager. They changed their order about 12 times then finally a cast member came to help them and they had to gripe to her about how the dining plan wasn't working for them (like she could change the dining plan??)....I was ready to scream. The second time we went I had learned my lesson and went straight to the live cashier and was in and out in about 2 minutes.

Food was pretty good...the braised pork (think pot roast) was very good and the steak sandwich was also pretty good....salad was different and tasty. Ham and cheese was nothing special. All in all food was fine but you really go for the atmosphere. Those GPS rose thingies are WAY too cool.

Every time we go to MK and want to eat lunch there the wait is an hour long. And it seems the line forms well before the restaurant opens.
Is it that good, or just that new?

There was no wait when we went last week (week day, 'not' weekend). It was almost to the end of the bridge at 10am, then they opened at 10:30, we went back at 10:45 and just walked right in. And yes, the braised pork and french onion soup were delicious - the ambiance, priceless! We are there twice the end of Nov. and felt the same about it then!

We lined up at 1030 week before Christmas and were eating by 1115 so once the doors opened it moved pretty quickly!

The steak sandwich is wonderful as is the grilled ham and cheese and the cupcakes!

Restaurant is so gorgeous!

Can wait for our dinner ADR here in Sept.. Only thing is that means we go home the next day! Figured we would end our trip with BOG!

I asked my daughter who is not a fan of lines if it was worth the wait and she said yes. We both really loved it and will be waiting in line again in July.:)

We were there in March over Spring Break and expected to wait an hour in line. But as others said, it moved quickly and we had our food about 40 minute after getting in line. We did not enjoy our dinner experience back in November (during the soft open, so maybe they were still working out the kinks!) but we truly loved our lunch in March.

We enjoyed our lunch there a couple weeks ago. We didn't plan on going, but when we walked by at 11:15 (on a Tuesday) the CM told us the wait was about 15 minutes. I can't say I'm a fan of the touch screen ordering system, but once we fought our way through that the food came VERY soon after we sat down. It was worth it to go in. Loved the dining room. We are a family of 4, and had had a big breakfast at Crystal Palace so decided to split one adult and one kids meal, and two desserts. We got the braised pork - a little salty, but otherwise quite good, and the turkey sandwich - fine, nothing special. Dessert the two cream puff type things - yummy.

We thought so. It seemed to move quickly and I've waited longer for 3 minute rides. It's a nice place to experience. The food is great and I'd rather experience it at lunch than spend more and spend more time. Plus, you don't feel bad wandering between the 3 dining rooms, taking pictures and checking out details at lunch as you would at a sit down dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter