Is anyone NOT going over Veteran's Day weekend??

JESW

<font color=blue>We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, a
Just for the heck of it I typed it some dates around the 11th of November (the actual holiday) and can't find a room anywhere on site - going to be some crowds!!!

(It's my ds' 18th bd and thought we may be able to go away for a couple of days but I guess everyone else thought the same thing :) )

Jill

I'm not. Its my birthday and we were originally going to go to Epcot for dinner. But my DH is a CM and my birthday is blacked out (meaning we are unable to get in) at Epcot on my birthday! What are the odds right? LOL! Disney's just going to have to celebrate my birthday without me :lmao:

So now we are just waiing and going a month later in December for CP to see Jodi Benson :cool1:

I've gone down during this week a few times (My birthday is Nov 12)... never been bothered by the crowds. This could but though growing up my family was one that contributed to "Jersey Week" (we were from NJ, mom was a teacher, her birthday was Nov 6 and mine as mentioned was 6 days later)

Though with election day, Food & Wine extended, the half(?) marathon, and Veteran's Day they might be a little more than what I'm use to that week. But I don't mind fighting a few crowds it if means I get to turn 30 in WDW!

We had to decide between Veterens Day weekend and part of the following week, or November 1st through Election Day. Based on all the stuff going on around VDay this year (running event, Festival of Masters, Jersey Week, first MVMCP, last weekend of F&W, passholder previews for new FL, Free Dining, etc, etc), we decided to go the very first 6 days of November instead.

We went over Veterens Day week 2 years ago, but there wasn't as much going on. It was a great time to be in the parks and we didn't experience big crowds anywhere.

Nope, not going then - waiting until early December. I usually spend some time at the beach in late October/early November. I usually catch the Halloween festivities on my September trip, and I try to avoid Epcot during F&W due to the fact that it seems like there is a lot more wine than food consumed ;). So waiting until the Christmas stuff is in full swing works best for me.

DH's birthday is 11/12 and we usually go to WDW. This year we are skipping his b-day because there is just too much going on. DH now uses his EVC in the parks all of the time and with heavy crowds, it's just too difficult to maneuver in the parks.

good news all that are going that weekend - we resisted the urge to go down for the Passholder preview (will just have to wait and see it all in January)

So that's 3 less people in the parks :rotfl2:

We wont be there then.....6 less people over Vetrans Day Weekend:thumbsup2 We are going in 13 days instead:goodvibes

I must be one of the crazy ones!! I actually had some Southwest credits that were due to expire or I would have waited until December. So that's why we will be there over that weekend but this will be our first opportunity to do a AP preview and I am excited about that!! Also it's an adults only trip and I am very excited about that as well!! I don't know how busy it might be, but I have noticed the car rentals are still priced fairly high, so there must be a demand. Any way I look at it, it's not going to be any worse than late June or 4th of July, which is what we are used to. For everyone going have a magical trip!! :)

We are doing the first weekend instead also. Hoping for less people that weekend.

I would have been going that weekend if I didn't have a wedding on the 10th. So instead we are going the first weekend of free dining, which I think it going to be just as crowded.

Well, the Swan and Dolphin still have availability if anyone was wondering.

Unfortunately, between the runDisney event, F & W, the holiday itself, and pass holder previews of the FLE, it is going to be packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter