Is anyone NOT going out on Black Friday?

I'm shopping online. There's nothing this year that warrants me going out in the wee hours. I haven't been BF shopping in years and I prefer it that way - love Amazon!

I thought about it, I've done BF hardcore for as long as I can remember. However, I'm done with DD, my nieces and my parents; the only people I have left is my nephew and DH. There was a Garmin GPS that DH really wants, but I found it online last night for the same price so the decision was easy. I still woke up at 4am (something kept tripping our motion sensor outside lights) but meh, I like my sleep. I may wander out to Gamestop later to check the B2G1 free sale on pre-owned games but otherwise, there's nothing that catches my eye.

Nope, I did the 4:00 am thing once many years ago and swore I would never do it again. I got what I went out for, but it was not worth it! I have to work today anyway and it's nice and quiet in the office. I am planning to go to the outlet mall this weekend, though.

I am sitting at home next to the warm fireplace, QVC on the TV, and browsing the Internet for last minute shopping ideas.

The only thing I wanted was a camera that Best Buy had, but I just ordered it from a photography shop in NYC for the same price.

Will go out later today to get my nails done while all of the crazy people run around grabbing up good deals!

I thought about it, I've done BF hardcore for as long as I can remember. However, I'm done with DD, my nieces and my parents; the only people I have left is my nephew and DH. There was a Garmin GPS that DH really wants, but I found it online last night for the same price so the decision was easy. I still woke up at 4am (something kept tripping our motion sensor outside lights) but meh, I like my sleep. I may wander out to Gamestop later to check the B2G1 free sale on pre-owned games but otherwise, there's nothing that catches my eye.

Target had a B2G1 a few weeks ago. I got three $49.99 Wii games for $100 with free shipping right to my door!

There was nothing that was sale that made me go out before dawn to stand in cold/rainy weather....so I actually slept in and enjoyed some cuddle time with my 10 DD when she got up :thumbsup2

I've even had my DH go and get some groceries that we need for tonight's dinner with friends - really don't want to go out :lmao:

Hoping to start the Christmas decorating later this afternoon after I clean!

I avoid going out on BF. This year I have been able to get anything I was interested in online. I'll be shopping Amazon all day today and hopefully get everyone finished without having to leave my house at all for the rest of the shopping season :goodvibes

Nope did all my shopping online and thanks to the Disboards have been pointed in the direction of some really great online sales :) Super happy to stay home and get ready to decorate for Xmas. DH is working but he is not keen on BF shopping either. Went one year for a ladder at 1/2 price at 5 am (first year in our new house) and said that it was insane at Menards (home store and really surprising that there was a mad rush for home goods) so he has no desire to go to more "popular" stores...neither do i :)

Nope! I bargain shop year round. I find no need to go out with the crazy people today!

Actually, I did my CVSing and Walgreen deals yesterday morning, first thing, and the stores were empty!

Today we relax as a family!

NOPE!!

Our Black Friday tradition is that the kids and I have our Christmas movie marathon. We only leave the house to go get lunch.

Ho Ho Ho!

I'm not going. I fell down the stairs and messed up my ankle on Tuesday so I will be home snug in my bed this year in my big ugly boot.

:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:Good luck with your ankle!!!:wizard::wizard::wizard: Those boots are heavy aren't they?

I was supposed to have bunion surgery last Monday but my doctor's Mom had a heart attack and open heart surgery on Monday so he had to cancel. I ended up having it done this mornning. I do enjoy black friday shopping but avoid the crazy places. I tend to go to Kohl's, Staples and JoAnn's. I would have liked to go to JoAnn's today but they didn't open til 6am and I had to be at the hospital at 6am. I have finished all my shopping already. I'll be on bed rest for 2 weeks and then won't want to be dragging my big heavy boot around to go shopping.

I have never been out on a Black Friday yet! Thank goodness I didn't get the shopping gene. I did my shopping months ago and just picked it up off layaway last week. There are things yet like "Eclipse" that I still need to buy but they aren't released yet.
I am a budget Queen and have been shopping for stuff year round. The only two things I bought were a the buy 1 get one free tv products from Walgreens where my dh works and he picked them up and a Michaels Itunes gift card $25.00 for $20.00. I have a DCL cruise and WDW I am saving for too so why waste money when I can be putting it towards vacation?

I have never done Black Friday shopping. The thought of all those people crushing in around me is soooooo not appealing! I will however shop ONLINE black friday deals and they almost always offer free shipping so I get the deals without the waits and crowds!

We usually go on BF but DD wanted a laptop this year. Ordered it from Dell at 12:00 a.m. from my house. Did text a friend who was at WalMart in line. Super Walmart didn't think they would have large crowds at 12:00 a.m. so there were 5 clerks checking out shoppers. She said the line wrapped around the entire inside of the store.....not my bag. Like to go to the mall, but not up to crazy people this year.

:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:Good luck with your ankle!!!:wizard::wizard::wizard: Those boots are heavy aren't they?

I was supposed to have bunion surgery last Monday but my doctor's Mom had a heart attack and open heart surgery on Monday so he had to cancel. I ended up having it done this mornning. I do enjoy black friday shopping but avoid the crazy places. I tend to go to Kohl's, Staples and JoAnn's. I would have liked to go to JoAnn's today but they didn't open til 6am and I had to be at the hospital at 6am. I have finished all my shopping already. I'll be on bed rest for 2 weeks and then won't want to be dragging my big heavy boot around to go shopping.

Thank you. Yes, those boots are heavy. The same day last Nov when I had my surgery, my swim coach broke 3 bones in his foot and was in a boot as well. We had boot comparisons for weeks. He burned his when he was done. I didn't and I was glad I didn't since I was back in it 9 months later for the 2nd surgery. And may be back in it now that the tissue is bad again.

I hope you recover well.

Thank you. Yes, those boots are heavy. The same day last Nov when I had my surgery, my swim coach broke 3 bones in his foot and was in a boot as well. We had boot comparisons for weeks. He burned his when he was done. I didn't and I was glad I didn't since I was back in it 9 months later for the 2nd surgery. And may be back in it now that the tissue is bad again.

I hope you recover well.

Thanks!

My boss tore his achillies tendon right after I got out of my boot in Sept and we compared boots-he just got out of his in time for me to be back in mine.:laughing:

Maybe I should hold onto mine. My doctor told me this morning that I had bad arthritis in my foot and might end up with joint replacement in a few years.:sad2:

I avoid Black Friday every year. I'm not a morning person or a crowd person, and if I went, I would not be the most pleasant person to deal with :) I love to save money and bargain shop as much as the next person, but it's just not worth it to me. Plus, I'd have to go alone, and I think the people who enjoy it the most go with family or friends.

Thanks!

My boss tore his achillies tendon right after I got out of my boot in Sept and we compared boots-he just got out of his in time for me to be back in mine.:laughing:

Maybe I should hold onto mine. My doctor told me this morning that I had bad arthritis in my foot and might end up with joint replacement in a few years.:sad2:

You and I have similar foot stories. Let's hope they both have happy endings. I go back on Tues to see about non-surgical ways to get rid of the tissue. The pain returned 3 months after the 2nd surgery so last week. It hurts to swim again and if I don't swim, I'm not a happy camper.

Back on topic, I ended up taking my son to see Tangled. Awesome movie. We both loved it. After, we stopped by Target. It was crowded but not too bad. They had electronics sitting in the C9 section that no one was touching. We didn't buy any black Friday deals, though. Just some bananas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter