Is anyone in Little Rock, Arkansas ? I need some help please.

pyrxtc

<font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo
I need a certified and notarized copy of my husband's birth certificate and I need it ASAP. I also need it Apostilled at the secretary of state so it would require a visit to vital records and the secretary of state and then mailing the copies to me in NH. Dang international adoption has you jump through so many hoops and when they told us we needed copies of his birth certificate they didn't tell us it needed to be a notarized copy or that we should get it apostilled right away.

If you can help, please PM me. Thank you ! I will pay for all copies and the apostilling plus mailing it to me and gas if you like.

You can order records through Vital chek.com. It is safer.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I can't get a notarized copy through them. We have done that once already.

I know when we were going through this same process, we were able to fedex things to our state to have apostilled. We could include a return fedex envelope already labelled with our return information and our account for billing. They would complete the info and send right back to us. Sometimes if you sent it then called to let them know what was coming and how big of a hurry it was, they would be nice enough to put a rush on it when it came through. I hope this helps a little. I remember how much fun this process was:eek: but wouldn't trade the end result for anything!:goodvibes Good luck to you!

This is the official state website to order a birth certificate: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/certificatesVitalRecords/Pages/BirthRecords.aspx
They do have express service available.

However, it is going to be tricky getting that apostilled by the Secretary of State's office, as the certificate itself is processed by the Dept. of Health. They are going to have to mail it internally before they mail it back to you.

If it is really important that you get it immediately for a legal proceeding, it looks like you can do the process in person for immediate service, or an attorney can do it in person. In such circumstances, I'd either fly down overnight to do it in person, or I would hire a domestic practice attorney in Little Rock to do it for you; you can fax them an authorization to get it. The Arkansas State Bar provides a website for referral of its members: http://www.arkansasfindalawyer.com/

Good luck!

Do you really think its safe for you to send a stranger to get private info? With the rate of identity being stolen I would hope there isn't a state out there that would give such info to strangers.

I would not count on anyone being able to grab it for you even if you trusted them with sensitive information. Remember his mother's maiden name will be on there and that's usually a security question.

In my home state only the child or the parents can get one without a power of attorney, same for the state my husband and 1 of my kids was born in. I don't know the rules in the state my other 2 were born in but I would assume it's the same. It's an identity protection measure.

Do you really think its safe for you to send a stranger to get private info? With the rate of identity being stolen I would hope there isn't a state out there that would give such info to strangers.

Birth certificates are public.

I would not count on anyone being able to grab it for you even if you trusted them with sensitive information. Remember his mother's maiden name will be on there and that's usually a security question.

In my home state only the child or the parents can get one without a power of attorney, same for the state my husband and 1 of my kids was born in. I don't know the rules in the state my other 2 were born in but I would assume it's the same. It's an identity protection measure.

I have had various relatives go to town hall and get copies of my, and my kids birth certificates with no questions asked. They were also able to get copies of divorce decrees and anything else I have asked them to grab for me. That is in MA.

I need a certified and notarized copy of my husband's birth certificate and I need it ASAP. I also need it Apostilled at the secretary of state so it would require a visit to vital records and the secretary of state and then mailing the copies to me in NH. Dang international adoption has you jump through so many hoops and when they told us we needed copies of his birth certificate they didn't tell us it needed to be a notarized copy or that we should get it apostilled right away.

If you can help, please PM me. Thank you ! I will pay for all copies and the apostilling plus mailing it to me and gas if you like.

How long would it take for someone to run around and do this? I would imagine there would be waiting times at both places? Maybe if you offered to pay for their time someone would take you up on it. :confused3

I probably would hire an attorney like someone suggested.

Birth certificates are public record, but in most states, obtaining official copies is restricted to only certain parties or their legally authorized representatives, except in cases where the birth was over 100 years ago.
What that normally means is although anyone can LOOK at the record, getting an official copy is not so easy.

See, the thing is, once you have an official copy of a BC, you can use it to apply for a driver's license and/or passport in that name, and from there can get copies of Social Security records. Trusting a stranger to obtain it for you is an engraved invitation to identity theft.

An attorney is bound by ethics and attorney-client privilege not to share or misuse documents obtained for a client. It is worth the money to hire one if you really need this done quickly and correctly. It really should not cost a whole lot, because the attorney will not do the waiting in line; a clerk will be sent to do that, and a clerk's time will be a lot less expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter