Is anyone here marrying at home, but HMing in WDW???

I'm also planning an at home wedding and a disneymoon. We are getting married December 8th here at home because our families are just too big to take everyone to Disney. Then our Disneymoon is from the 10th-17th. We would loooove to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but may settle for Port Orleans Riverside just to save money. My family has gone to Disney almost yearly since I was young, but my DF had never been, until this past weekend my parents took us on a last minute 5 day trip so now he finally sees why I'm so Disney nuts!! We bought 10 day no exp. hoppers and used 3 this past weekend so now we'll have 7 days left. I haven't made any ADRs or anything yet...we want the trip to be very laidback and relaxing, and not be held to too many plans. I would love to go to the California Grill one night though. I've always wanted to go there...
We looked at the cake toppers and all of the Mickey/Minnie wedding stuff, I know I want to have a few little Disney elements in the wedding, without going overboard.

I had a big 'ol New Orleans wedding at Home and thenDisneymooned at the GF in january. my Trip report is in my siggy if you wanna take a look! congrats!

I'm getting married here at home in Alabama next Saturday! Then we are getting up super early Sunday morning and driving to WDW for our Disneymoon. We'll be staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter until the following Sunday. Here is our schedule:

Sun.~ MK, dinner at LTT
Mon.~ AK, dinner at Raglan Road, Pleasure Island
Tues.~ Epcot, dinner at Coral Reef
Wed.~ MGM, dinner at Yacht Club Galley
Thurs.~ Blizzard Beach, spend the evening strolling the Boardwalk, dinner at Big River Grille and Brewing Works
Fri~ MK, dinner at Tony's
Sat.~ Typhoon Lagoon, spend the evening at DTD, dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe

It may sound a little hectic, but the parks we are going to all have EMH nights, so we can go back to the resort and rest as need be, then go back and close down the parks! We have park hoppers,water park and more, and the DDP.

I noticed someone else say they are wearing the Minnie/Mickey bride/groom ears when leaving their wedding. We are doing that as well! I had read about them here on the boards, and said I wanted to get them when we got to WDW. One of my best friends went to Disney Land last month, and she brought them home to DF and I as a surprise! She even held them on her lap the entire plane ride home so the top hat wouldn't get smashed. Also, the label on the Mickey groom hat said "Jacobson Hat" I think. My DF's name is Jacob, so she marked out the "son" and put an 's so it says "Jacob's Hat"! She's the biggest sweetheart in the world!

We're getting married December 7, in our hometown here in little old iowa. Then we're going to Disney the next after we open our gifts with our close family members. :bride: :groom:

We are marrying at home in Western New York, way too much family up here that wouldn't make it to a wedding in WDW. We are disneymooning for a week at WDW afterwards. I'm new, and while i've been to disney many times (10 or so growing up) this will be my first time w/o family and my Fiance's first time. We want a fun filled bursting at the seams busy week at WDW, but without having to spend a TON. Any recommendations? Also any recommendations for incorporating disney into our wedding (those are some great ones Mickey76) would be fantastic!!! Thanks!:goodvibes

that's me! getting married here in mandeville, louisiana, and honeymooning at the mouse's house!! :) we're excited- and it gives our family a chance to be a part of this wedding, because many cannot afford to fly to disney, or some exotic location for our wedding!:bride:

wow, I didn't realize how many jersey girls there were here.

I'm getting married at home, Nov, 1 2008 at the beach (but not on it...I don't like sand, lol) and then going to wdw for honeymoon. All we know so far is that we're going to stay at GF

-Lauren

that's me! getting married here in mandeville, louisiana, and honeymooning at the mouse's house!! :) we're excited- and it gives our family a chance to be a part of this wedding, because many cannot afford to fly to disney, or some exotic location for our wedding!:bride:

wait! I'm FROM Mandeville! i got married at FBC New Orleans and the reception was at Southern Oaks Plantation and then we went to disney!

FYI: Concourse Steakhouse will be closing this fall so they can expand Chef Mickey's :sad1:

thanks for the heads up! I guess it will have to wait until our next trip after the Disneymoon - any suggestions where else to eat?

Michelle:cloud9:

wait! I'm FROM Mandeville! i got married at FBC New Orleans and the reception was at Southern Oaks Plantation and then we went to disney!
well, i'm actually from BUSH, right outside of COVINGTON, and he's from HAMMOND, right outside of COVINGTON, and we're getting married at benedict's and having the reception there in mandeville!! spending the honeymoon night in covington, then hitting i-12 as early as he'll let me wake him up- i'm thinking, 5am? mayyyybe 4? LOL-- "it's a small world after all!!"

well, i'm actually from BUSH, right outside of COVINGTON, and he's from HAMMOND, right outside of COVINGTON, and we're getting married at benedict's and having the reception there in mandeville!! spending the honeymoon night in covington, then hitting i-12 as early as he'll let me wake him up- i'm thinking, 5am? mayyyybe 4? LOL-- "it's a small world after all!!"

i know exactly where bush is, and when you said you were getting married in mandeville I assumed it was benedicts b/c well, there aren't a whole lot of other places! (hence why i did mine in NOLA)

I wne to High school in covington and lived in folsom b4 i lived in mandeville. we stayed the night in NOLA and got up at 6 to drive to orlando. it was a LONG drive!

i know exactly where bush is, and when you said you were getting married in mandeville I assumed it was benedicts b/c well, there aren't a whole lot of other places! (hence why i did mine in NOLA)

I wne to High school in covington and lived in folsom b4 i lived in mandeville. we stayed the night in NOLA and got up at 6 to drive to orlando. it was a LONG drive!

I went to SSA, then transferred to CHS, graduated in 2004-

We are getting married in New york and honeymooning in Disney for one week, and then outside of Disney for the next week... We can't wait. We have both been to Disney, but not together, so we are soooooo excited! :yay: :yay:
We are staying at the Polynesian, I have never stayed there....can't wait. In a magic kingdom view room. I am a little confused about that though, I'm not sure if there is a specific building for those rooms or what. I am gonna call and ask.
We are going to Discovery Cove too, I can't wait to swim with Flipper! :yay:

That's what we did! Actually, we got married in June and went to the beach for a week and then waited till December to do Disney. It was a choice between and expensive island/tropical destination or a smaller beach trip and Disney. Of COURSE you have to do Disney too!! :) It was great because we could just relax right after the wedding and then 6 months later we were completely pumped for Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter