Is anyone here a 'professional child?'

i want to get an agent to act i am still trying to get the right time to ask my mom if i can hopefully she says yes i been hinting to her about different things about agents and wanting to act hopefully she will get the idea LOL!!!

Thats kewl!

I was in a 'band' in like 3rd grade, but all we did was fight, so it didn't quite work out! lol

I act and model, so I had to convince my mom to get me an agent, which was pretty hard to do! Good luck!

did u just go and ask her or what was your method i too would like to model this may seem stupid but if you have the lizzie mcguire movie sound track it has amodeling song on it and i try one cloths and pretend LOL!!!! I am dumb i know!!!

OMG, I have the sound track too! I loove it! lol Ya, that supermodel song is awesome to use when you practice runway, which I do.
Okay, I'll tell you how this all happened. It might be kinda long tho.
Last August, we were at the mall in York (PA) when we saw that they had this open call for people who wanted to be models. We went, and they selected me. My mom and I went to an orientation meeting thing, for the agency, which was also an info meeting for the AMTC convention. (
AMTC ) We decided to pay and go to the convention, if I passed the 'audition', which I did. From August until January when We went, I went to weekend training sessions on Sundays, and Barbizon on Saturdays. Barbizon is good for runway modeling, but not much else.
Anyway, I went to the convention and competed, winning 4th out of 100 girls in runway among a couple of other awards. Our agency won Best Agency and 1st in Group Runway.
Then, in Febuary, I decided I wanted to act. I acted in the convention, and had lots of fun, and wasn't nervous in front of the HUGE crowds. (like 3,00 people!! The place was HUUGE!)
So, I took tooons of classes, and dropped the agency I had in Harrisburg, and I just signed with another, very big agency in D.C. People like Steven Spielbug (sp?) use the agency for talent.
Along the way, I started homeschooling, dyed my hair to red to go w/ my freckles, did photoshoots, started dancing, and became a home-town celebrity.
So now, I am more of an actress than a model, but I'm basiclly known only as the 'supermodel' in my town. lol (It sure was a hit w/ the guys!! )
The advice I have is to ask yr parents when they are in a good mood, and be really persuasive! Tell them modeling is good for confidence and poise and stuuf like that. My mom agreed to it faster than my dad, but it worked out okay, because it was something I really, really wanted to do and no one could stop me!
When you do start, keep going even if you get rejected, because sometimes you just aren't what they want that day. You could be prefect next Saturday!
Oh my gosh, that was waayyy long! Sorry about that! I am like a huge blabbermouth! lol anywayz, Good Luck! I'll see you at the Oscars! lol

For:DisneyWonderGirl
lol i really want to act more then model and for your agent how much does he get when you get a job??where are you from ?? and if you can't say on here if you could pm me and answer my questions thannk you!!

How much the agent gets sort of depends on the job. But, out off however much you get paid, he takes 10% comission.

Also, when we started the acting, we didn't have an agent, but we found stuff on the internet. Like open calls and stuff.

I'm from Pennsylvania (Gettysburg) so I work mostly in the DC area, and in NYC.

I won'y be on all day, but I'll check in when I can! :)

ok thank you!! i was told thats how much but i didn't know!! We was goona go to gettysburgh for summer vacation but when my mom ent to the travelagent to look around they booked a trip for disney instead

Keep in tounch talk to you later

Right now I'm doing musical theatre...I will be in Chicago for one night and I am in the process of getting an agent.

I'm also focusing on a wrestling career with an indy circut or maybe one day the WWE.

Pooh'slilgurl are you gonna be going to disney too or just uniersal i seen your count down and you leave a few days before me! I wish i could find the righ time to tell my mom or sould i say ask my mom if i could get an agent to persue my acting!! any other helpful hits or tips on how to ask??

I really want to be a soap actress. Ive got an agent and I was on a UK police drama called City Central (dont no if any of u have heard of it)
and i modelled for 'Family Hampers' magazine. I absolutely loved it..........so im going to college to study performing arts in September

Good Luck with getting the agent by the way!!!!!!!!

I hink I have herd of City Central (it rings a bell). What is the name of your agent? I am trying to get into Kids Plus Agency. But my mum wants me to go into the scienes instead (fun).

How did u persade your parent to get an agenti need to get some ideas if you don't mind to tell me

StitchGirl88- Before you ask, make sure she knows you really want to do this. And take lots of classes, it will help you get a better agent!

ive always wanted to sing and act, but my mom says its a completely unrealistic. but i go to a theater camp which is a lot of fun. can anyone give me advice on how to get an agent?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter