Is anyone familiar with Amerisuites or the Clarion?

Planogirl

I feel the nerd in me stirring
We would prefer a place with at least a refrigerator if possible. If anyone knows of another please post! I would love to be able to walk to the parks.

If we don't go with a room that has a refrigerator, the Clarion looks interesting mostly because of its low price. Has anyone stayed there?

We stayed at the Amerisuites 2 years ago and it was alright for one night, but nothing special. The room was big, with a half wall between the "bedroom" and the living room. The bed was a queen size, if I recall correctly and the bathroom was very small with little privacy. The kitchen area was ok, 4 burner stove and dorm fridge. I was a little squicked out by the small sign taped inside the cupboard door that said "dishes are not sanitized according to restaurant standards" but then again, I'm easily squicked out.

The comp breakfast buffet was really good, though.

Thanks for the response. I'm narrowing down my list and this one goes way down now. I'm not eager to spend a lot extra for a teeny fridge. The search goes on!

We just stayed at the Amerisuites last month; rooms and lobby are currently being renovated, and the chain is being taken over by the Hyatt group (so join the Hyatt club to get points and better room rates). The rooms are very clean, spacious; 2 queen beds with nice duvets, etc; huge plasma tv that swivels between the living room area (also has a double pull out). I agree that the bathroom area does not give much privacy - but the room was very comfortable with a lot of "spread out" room. We had 4 adults and one 13 year old, and there was more than enough room.

Hope the info helps!:)

We just stayed at the Amerisuites last month; rooms and lobby are currently being renovated, and the chain is being taken over by the Hyatt group (so join the Hyatt club to get points and better room rates). The rooms are very clean, spacious; 2 queen beds with nice duvets, etc; huge plasma tv that swivels between the living room area (also has a double pull out). I agree that the bathroom area does not give much privacy - but the room was very comfortable with a lot of "spread out" room. We had 4 adults and one 13 year old, and there was more than enough room.

Hope the info helps!:)

Did the Amerisuites rooms really have Queen Size beds?? Everything I've seen on the their website and universal site says there double beds. . . . .

Also I've read on this board that Hawthorn Suites are really good too with a full kitchen and queen beds. Hope that's helpful?

Oops...my bad. They were double beds...but comfy!

Stayed there for one night via Hotwire (maybe $40 or so). Rooms were great - plenty of space, big plasma - the breakfast was ok nothing special but was included and the pool was adequate (not very big, set out in the parking lot). Very close to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter