Is anyone else watching this program??

YIKES! I believe I have a PROBLEM! I am becoming addicted to that show. :happytv: The chemistry among all the characters is fantastic! I don't think I had seen any of the actors before...(except for the woman playing the grandmother)

While I was watching last night's episode, my husband came into the room..and said.."WHAT are YOU watching?" I saw his expression as I tried to explain to him...the killings, the relationships...."He's a good vampire"..."They are falling inlove"...."Her brother is........." "The two young women are best friends..." She can read people's minds...Oh...but not the vampire's"...:lmao:

I saw the look on his face...So...I told him that "Vampires" are the "in thing" right now...I believe there is a book out for teenagers and up called "Twillight"...and a movie is to follow?

To really show my age...."True Blood" sure isn't "Dark Shadows"!!!:dance3:

http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/

Is there something wrong with me that I love programs about vampires... OMG and quite shall I say, hmmmm, explicit, yup that is a good word...

Second show on tonight, 9:00pm, HBO..

I absolutely LOVE all things vampire!!! I know I know!!! and when I read this post awhile back, I wanted to check out this show, and finally yesterday I got a chance to watch episode 1 on demand, and i got 1/2 way thru episode 2 today, I am going to finish it before I go to bed.
so yes I am now hooked on this show!!!

I can't wait to see this show! I am a huge fan of the books that the show is based off of, and from what I can tell they are really doing this right, with great respect for the source material and heavy involvement from the original author.

If you're interested in the series, it's by Charlaine Harris, and it's called the Southern Vampire series. the first book is "Dead Until Dark" and there are several books out.

thanks for the book info, I am going to start the books, I was wondering if the series is based on books.
I loved Enchanted........watch it Viki, you will like it? or not.

OK. I am so addicted I actually went to the book store to start the Sookie Stackhouse series, they did not have any of the books.. I then went to the Library and got a library card and took out two books and ordered the rest... I am so desperate to read the books, I actually have one in big print..

OMG.. get the gun, I am losing it.
is the sookie series within the southern vampire series, or is it different? i want to read them in order.....LOL

edit: i see that the sookie series is aka southern vampire series, from the website

If you go to Amazon, they give you the order. I ordered the first three but have not started them yet.. Right now I am addicted to the show and tonight's episode was great.. I would have liked a little more Sookie and Bill...I hate how they end it and I have to wait till next week to find out what happened.. I know they do it to keep me coming back...but darn next Sunday is so far away..

I got thru episode 2 and part way thru 3..........love this show!
Is Bill the guy from the bank of america donut commercial??? I kept thinking that as I was looking at him!

Did anyone else notice the sign in the beginning song........"God hates Fangs"

I can't figure out if the Vampires are referenced to homosexuals or blacks. I suppose it could be either, like someone else said, just put any minority group in there and it fits.

I have heard that Bill is in some commercials although I have not seen him.. Yes I saw that sign, the whole beginning is bizarre...... and the song, love it, at first I thought it was sung by Chris Isaak, but it is someone else and yes he sings it gooooooood.

The name of the song is Bad Things by Jace Everett.
I Love it too.

The name of the song is Bad Things by Jace Everett.
I Love it too.

oh thanks, i love the song too!

mackey, its the BOA commercial about keep the change, the guy (bill) walks into a donut shop, after he finds a quarter on the sidewalk.

Ok, I just watched epidose 3 finally last night, and I was laughing at the part when ...........SPOILER ALERT.............

Jason get taken in for questioning for Dawns killing and he drinks the "V Juice" in the cop car, then what happened when he was being questioned........too funny!
and I have to say, I love the Lafayette character, and what a character!
and those 3 from the "nest"..........do not like them.
who was that being drained in their house when bill came over? after they found out about Jerry and the hep D?

If you are talking about the woman hanging upside down, she was the woman who was sitting on the couch with one of the three vampires when Bill came into the house. Remember, there was also a young man...(the one Sookie "heard" with the hep D) Evidently, the woman either "gave herself" completely or she was so under their spell, she was a goner.

I absolutely LOVE Lafayette's character! I know I have seen him on another show...I love the scene in the restaurant where he let those guys...especially the one who ordered the hamburger delux have it!:lmao:

The "ending" to the last episode....Was that in the book? I don't think I liked it.:confused:

If you are talking about the woman hanging upside down, she was the woman who was sitting on the couch with one of the three vampires when Bill came into the house. Remember, there was also a young man...(the one Sookie "heard" with the hep D) Evidently, the woman either "gave herself" completely or she was so under their spell, she was a goner.

I absolutely LOVE Lafayette's character! I know I have seen him on another show...I love the scene in the restaurant where he let those guys...especially the one who ordered the hamburger delux have it!:lmao:

The "ending" to the last episode....Was that in the book? I don't think I liked it.:confused:

Now I remember the woman on the couch, I forgot about her!!! I hope to get thru episode 4 and 5 tonight after the kids go to bed:thumbsup2

Ok.. well the previews for next week and the ending of #5.. well darn it, I am ticked..

Oh.. and I soooooo love Lafayette.... I would definitely be his friend, he makes me laugh. Alright, so he is a drug dealer and deals V... I still like him.
Jason makes me crazy.....handsome but stupid.

I want Sookie and Bill to get together.. I might have to go read the books so that I do not have to wait till next Sunday..

Want me to find out and come back and tell you..

I definitely want Sookie and Bill to get together...I want Lafayette to find somebody special for him, too....:hug: :banana:

Do you think there is a "nice" vampire out there besides Bill?:confused3

I am wondering that too.. the blonde lady they keep showing on the TV fighting for vampire rights... I wonder if she is putting them on.. Remember the guy that dared to question her......would not speak to her in debate, he got killed..and his family too, I think.

So.. Bill is trying to mainstream...I wonder if anyone else is.. What about Eric.. liked him too.

This program is so good.

ok I watched the last episode last night and all I can say about the ending is WTH????? Did not like that one bit.

I did not like Eric at all, he seems dangerous.
loved what Lafayette did with the burger. hehe

I didn't like the ending either...Wish it were some sort of a "dream sequence"...but, I doubt it. I don't think it was necessary...

Eric is the "oldest" vampire right now...but, I have a feeling the woman (vampire) who originally bit Bill is even "older", thus giving her more power. I wonder when or if she will come on to the "present time".....

I have a feeling Sookie will become very important to Eric...later on down the road....All kinds of possibilities there...Eric could also fall in love with Sookie, too...I don't know how scenes between Eric and Sookie could even compare to the scenes between Bill and Sookie. The actors who play Bill and Sookie are dating in real life... That sure helps makes the sparks fly...:laughing:

"The actors who play Bill and Sookie are dating in real life... That sure helps makes the sparks fly..."

I love that they are dating, my daughter told me that too.. I hated the ending of No. 5. I do not get it, I am upset by it without saying what it is.. wahhhhhhh!!!!

It is a great ensemble cast and I am loving this series..

Did not like what happened to gran. sshheeeesh. for those reading the series, did that happen in book 1??
i really liked her character.
but anyway, the end of sunday nights episode..............oooh la la.........bill the vampire can bite me anytime he wants:lovestruc

this afternoon, my 5 yo came over to me smiling and being super cute, and telling me which Thomas train he wants to buy next time we go shopping......so I say ok we can do that.
and when 5 yo left the room, hubby is laughing and says " your 5 yo just glamoured you":rotfl2:

oh one more thing i thought of.
when the coroner and his assistant were carrying the body out, the assist was thinking .......he hoped sookie didn't recognize him from the vampire bar.
is he a vampire? or a "fang banger"?
geez i love this show! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter